1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I got scammed..for 1000$$..now wat..??

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by bluffmaster, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolpavan

coolpavan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how can it happen? paypal does n't do any carge back automatically you have to request for that manually. as you say you got the vcc and than you are requesting for chargeback than it is your mistake. definitely the seller would leave and -ve itrade for this

coolpavan, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  2. mohsin_al1

mohsin_al1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I m big fan of u bluffmaster u are the ultimate Mobilie content Realser i m a regular VIP of your Forum MN. I hope the Buy Vaibhav wil improved it. And yes sorry for what happened wit you

mohsin_al1, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  3. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    For lesson 1: No need to tell me that as it doesn't matter one way or another to me. After all, I don't know if you're lying or telling the truth anyway. However, maybe PayPal thinks those accounts are yours. And IF they think so, then you'd need to prove to them (not me or anyone here) that those accounts are not yours. Again, that's IF they think those other accounts you stated, "i sent the funds for withdrawals" are yours for whatever reason just under false info. And it's possible because it's known that people create paypal accounts falsifying information. So with that in mind, PayPal may have tagged you for it.

For lesson 2: You need to read what I put above that, the "If so..." part. That means if not, then it doesn't apply. :rolleyes:

Looks like lesson 3: You had not seen what a chargeback was?! Dude, you shouldn't have had to see what it was. Common sense -- you need to get the highest level of security/protection in all ways possible when selling intangible products especially of high value. Simply because they are intangible, which are hard to prove delivery of and that the sale wasn't unauthorized (stolen credit card or whatever) - seller's word against the buyer's word in which the buyer usually wins. Unfortunately, you have people buying intangible products and services online with other people's money (hacking into accounts, stealing credit cards -- the whole identity theft thing and so on). Had you come to DP (just as you came here to "warn" people) then you would have found in this section many people talking about their PayPal issues with chargebacks, unauthorized disputes occurring (blah blah) and would have taken the necessary steps to secure your transaction so as to avoid becoming another sob story.

Now that's not the attitude to have. If people take your advice, then they'd never sell anything. LOL. Well I wish you all the best. Seriously. :cool:

CU_Designs, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  4. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't get why you can't tell name of the forum you lost or thief's details. It will help other not to get scammed by the same person. Also you seem in not interest to get yr forum back, if This happened to me I would do by best to get it back or bust the sammer. DP members here always are willing to help or advice in this kind of things.

bluearrow, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  5. Johncena

Johncena Banned

Best Answers:
    tell us the domain of the site so we can help you

Johncena, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  6. simey

simey Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are selling using paypal as a payment option it's important to only sell to those who are verified users with a confirmed address. I have had very few problems with my 'chump change' transactions. That being said I don't trust paypal with large transactions.

simey, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  7. gult

gult Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the domain name and his username? That's a big amount. You can help us by providing his username.

gult, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  8. lkj

lkj Peon

Best Answers:
    Always use escrow.com for such transfers....... Sign the agreement and get passport photocopy of the seller as well. Make sure to get signed agreement via snail mail. Verify that all matches.. e.g. stamp on the snail mail matches the country in passport etc......
    I would report to local police and I hope they can help you.

lkj, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  9. sweetlouise

sweetlouise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    tell the url of the forum matey

sweetlouise, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  10. europeunited

europeunited Peon

Best Answers:
    When you send invitation via PayPal or similar services and contact buyer, state in email that you are selling him what you sell, your email is a legimit proof, if you go to court and file legal charges against this person, you have your email as a proof, you can get transaction history with that person from PayPal, and WhoIs proof that the person who tried to trick you is now the owner of your domain without paying for it. At the end, you can get the other person to cover cost of the court trial.

Consider bank (wire) transfer when dealing with a larger sum of money, there are lots of stories of sellers selling something to someone, sending them the product only to see a buyer trying to trick them with the chargeback. This doesn't happen with bank transfer.

Contact that person and tell him either he will return you what he took without paying or you will press legal charges against him. I.e. if you sell goods on eBay for $15000 and never send goods to buyers, federal authorities in the USA will look for you with 9 year prison sentence, if you go to foreign countries, they will post international arrest warrant. Since $1000 is not small amount, mention possibility of you pressing legal charges against that person for stealing with possibility of him getting a few months in prison and you may get your domain back in the nick of time.

europeunited, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  11. Cyberpaul

Cyberpaul Peon

Best Answers:
    Very same issue as mine....

The only thing different is the one who bought my forums hacked a paypal account, then purchased my forums.

@_@

$2,400

Cyberpaul, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  12. Cyberpaul

Cyberpaul Peon

Best Answers:
    I need more details how to do this... please give me tips...
    i've pm'ed you....

Cyberpaul, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  13. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    Reveal Complete Info here....as the all that belonged to you in't now belonging to you.

Reveal the scammer's email etc. everyting you have.

inworx, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  14. windtalker

windtalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm really sorry for the guy being scammed, but when I read this thread and looked at his username, I couldn't help but bust out laughing at the irony.

...anyway bluffmaster you should really reveal any details, someone might be able to help and you'll help others to avoid a scammer.

windtalker, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  15. seeker555

seeker555 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Hi,

I also was in a similar situation...

And a few weeks later... PAYPAL returned my 100% money!

In my full hearted big "Thank you" letter I had promised that I would try to popularize PAYPAL in as many forums as possible.

(PM ed bluffmaster regarding this issue)

I would be surprised If bluffmaster did n't get his money - or his Forum- back!

seeker555, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  16. tsc

tsc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I hope you are right. This is one fk'd up situation.

tsc, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  17. JungleBook

JungleBook Banned

Best Answers:
    2 Years ago my paypal went -$600 for some stupid crap, and I just never paid it, they kept sending me letters in the mail and after 6 months or so they stopped.

JungleBook, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  18. DJD

DJD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've gotten ripped off on eBay before for a $250 pre-release phone. Someone stole a creditcard, then bought the phone. PayPal wouldn't refund the money, they sent it to a credit agency. Then I just asked them for proof that I owed them money, they said they didn't have to. They called everyday, demanding money. We finally settled on half but it is still some shit that I lost a pre-release Moto Q and money.

DJD, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  19. asterix

asterix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy does not apply to virtual or intangible products (like subscriptions and computer programs), services, cash advances, and all non-tangible, non-physical goods.

To learn more about PayPal's investigation process and policies, review the Buyer Complaint Process at https://www.paypal.com/bcp.

so it is not suppose to refund him .. it will be on hold though for sometime for paypal to investigate

asterix, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  20. DMK

DMK Active Member

Best Answers:
    This might sound stupid but try emailing the guy and tell him you will pay double the cash for the forum back.

DMK, Dec 26, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.