1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I got scammed..for 1000$$..now wat..??

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by bluffmaster, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nystul

Nystul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just wondering, why not reveal the domain ?

Nystul, Dec 21, 2007 IP
  2. coolpavan

coolpavan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    please reveal details to get better help

and wait till paypal resolves the problem.

coolpavan, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  3. NwS

NwS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would be better to reveal the domain and the buyer..
    And don't trust paypal on such things imho -.-

NwS, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  4. gsv13

gsv13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your username made me laugh at this thread!

gsv13, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  5. bluffmaster

bluffmaster Banned

Best Answers:
    this is a movie name and i loved it ..so the nickgoes with it..
    and i got scammed ..all true ..
    i have all the proof..for this..

bluffmaster, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  6. coolpavan

coolpavan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    show the proofs here

coolpavan, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  7. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    Next time use Escrow.com for the payment. That would not have happened if you had used a legitimate escrow service.

TechEvangelist, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  8. abinesh

abinesh Banned

Best Answers:
    sh!t ! thats too much money to lose , being an Indian ! sorry bro... !

abinesh, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  9. suzana

suzana Banned

Best Answers:
    that is why use escrow.com :) always safe i use it all the time

suzana, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  10. sweetlouise

sweetlouise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    tell us the url of the forums and let us all spam the hell out of it, i can set up a dos attack for you for free, i can knock out a server for a week, no problem.

sweetlouise, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  11. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

Sorry, Bluffmaster, but that is NOT the moral of the story. You have only yourself to blame for that one. You claim you don't want to lose money but you throw yourself into guaranteed situations that will cause you to lose money. And you can start with the obvious:

Lesson #1: Not allowed to have three accounts; breaks TOS (Read Section 2 Eligibility and Types of Accounts #2.2 Personal, Premier and Business Accounts).

Which is probably why they limited all three of your accounts. And who knows maybe you even supplied false information on each of them. If so, then that's goes to the next lesson you need to learn...

Lesson #2: Don't supply false information (that's fraud which not only breaks their TOS but does in fact break the law since fraud is a crime and civil law violation (PayPal may not press charges against you for it but it's still a crime)).

Lesson #3: Don't sell intangible products with a value over $100 via PayPal. Why not? Well people like to do chargebacks and unauthorized claims and the works just to get a free product. You should have demanded a check or money order be sent to you and all passwords and things be sent to them only AFTER the check or money order successfully clears. Or another payment option is funds sent to you via Money Gram, Western Union or bank wire transfer. And only send the passwords and such to them after payment has been successfully received. If they really want the forum, I guarantee you that they'll go to those lengths to do the transfer. If they don't, then move on until you find a buyer who's SERIOUS.

Total cost to you of these lessons (morals [not one but plural] of the story): $1000 + the revenue you were making from the forum.

It's unfortunate you chose to learn the hard way. Wise up and take full responsibility for your own actions because if you don't and shift the blame where it doesn't belong, then you'll find yourself right back in this same boat if not worse. Think things through before you do stuff as to avoid such a mess. :cool:

CU_Designs, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  12. bluffmaster

bluffmaster Banned

Best Answers:
    well bro..
    for lesson 1, they were not my accounts..they were of my admins..to whom i distributed the money..
    for lesson 2,, what false info,,please state.

for lesson 3,, ya i learnt the hard way cause i had not seen what a chargeback was,,
    and yes lost both money and forums..
    HOPE ALL OF US will learn from my blunder..
    thankz to all members for sympathy..

13. j22

j22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    People are douche bags. That's one thing I hate about paypal they always seem to favor the side of the buyer for no apparent reason.

j22, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  14. chappaltabale

chappaltabale Peon

Best Answers:
    Same happened with me:

See my -Ve iTrader, I purchased VCC, verified from Asif** And Then Paypal automatically charged back from him and all the payment are in hold and I too have a Negative balance.

chappaltabale, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  15. Chase.

Chase. Peon

Best Answers:
    Question: Why won't you give the domain of the site, or the name and e-mail of the person who scammed you? You're not even trying to stop him from doing this to someone else.

Chase., Dec 22, 2007 IP
  16. leader

leader Peon

Best Answers:
    Bluffmaster, I believe you are lying. Why? Anyone who lost a potential business, money, or has sense would post the details of the domain, name, and email address of the scammer. The only reason that one would not post details would be if the website was not in the scammer's hands anymore, or never was. If you just made this up so people can have pity on you, then that is sad.

If you are not lying, then why should others help you when you are not helping them out by providing details? There are already a few people who asked for details, and you seem to be ignoring them. A noble person would provide all the details relating to the transaction. If you cannot do this, I don't know why you are complaining about your loss then.

leader, Dec 22, 2007 IP
    chessmastor likes this.
  17. bluffmaster

bluffmaster Banned

Best Answers:
    MY NEGATIVE BALANCE..

[​IMG]

The reversal..

[​IMG]

not written this here to get a pity..
    just wanna tell all sellers ..never ever trust paypal and buyers for this much money..

and m not tellin the domain name cause i dont want it to be on a ddos attack..
    no one wants his effort to go like this..

and about the buyer i have sent an email to him..
    LETS hope he gets it..

18. ARonald

ARonald Peon

Best Answers:
    Always go through sedo or escrow when selling a website. Your site was making $10-15 a day would have fetched a handsome amount on sedo. But AFAIK you can stop a domain transfer within 15 days of the transaction. So there is hope of getting the domain back. $1000 is not a small amnt you shld try your level best to stop the scammer. I'm surprised to see you wish him good luck instead.

ARonald, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  19. Mr. Websites

Mr. Websites Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was in a similar situation as yourself, and had a negative balance in my PayPal account also due to a fraudulent chargeback (in the amount of $XXX) after the items were transferred. The agonizing part of the lesson, however, was that I was completing this transaction on someone else's behalf. Hence, I was left with a loss, even though it was an acquintance that would have otherwise been scammed (as heartless as that sounds). Obviously, since I had the need for the account, I covered the losses and tossed any grounds for them discontinuing my membership indefinitely. I did, however, prepare a terrific appeal outlining the facts of the situation. Moreover, I provided concrete evidence that the individual was in fact the one who carried out the transaction. I would expect, in your case, the grounds for the chargeback were also the unauthorized used of the individual's credit card. Provide indisputable evidence to PayPal that the individual in question knowingly transferred the funds (perhaps by showing the 'who is' information of the domain) and they will appeal on your behalf. Also, be sure to state specifically that you will be contacting the appropriate authorities shortly, and filing suit against the bank in question were they to support this fraud. After all, it is in the bank's interest to favour their client, so you must instill fear even if it is negligible in their eyes. Why am I telling you all this, after having been scammed myself? A couple of months down the road, when the matter was forgotten in its entirety and losses written-off on my end, PayPal sent me an e-mail that they had recovered the funds and credited my account accordingly. :)

Mr. Websites, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  20. bluffmaster

bluffmaster Banned

Best Answers:
    @ARonald
    Not good luck sir.i m trying my level best sent email to buyer and paypal with proof of the pics..of the transactions and pms..
    hope it does some good..

@Mr. Websites
    Thankz a lot for the suggestion..i will do this now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.