1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does it pay to make MFA sites?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by dave78si, Jan 16, 2006.

1. stereotaxis

stereotaxis Peon

Best Answers:
    The question is how you advertize the site.
    I made a trial. I created a site targeted for the word 'fitness'
    In adwords it cost about 10 cents for a click, and I limited it for $1 a day.
    For the last 7 days, I made more than $7 with adsense, about $14.

So it does pay. Invest $7, get $14.

But again, since it is on the edge of legal. I think I will remove this thing.

stereotaxis, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  2. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    It is legal

IamNed, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  3. pcarlow

pcarlow Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's simply not true.

pcarlow, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  4. dave78si

dave78si Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I also believe it is, but...
    I think the key question you should ask yourself when considering this techniques is: are visitors happy with it? Does the site help them find the thing they are looking for?

dave78si, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  5. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    You'd be amazed at what visitors like and find useful.
    What do you think a visitor will consider a useful site - I'd suggest that they would find a site useful if it a) gives them whatever answer they are looking for, or, b) provides a links out to a site that does provide a).
    Most visitors don't careless whether they follow an href link or an advert so long as they get what they are looking for.

Stereotaxis: what you're talking about is adwords arbitrage, and that is a very difficult game to play if you want to make decent money.
    Most MFA type sites will target the SERPs for traffic, not adwords.

jlawrence, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  6. stumpyPete

stumpyPete Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm curious how MFA sites (or any Adsense site for that matter) will fair as the PPC market continues to mature. As more and more advertisers move to use PPC as part of their marketing strategy and force prices up, it will cause *all* advertisers to pay closer attention to the money spent on campaigns.

I think the first thing many advertisers will do is cut the *content* network channel from their advertising - it just doesn't convert like the *search* network - and it never will. At the very least, advertisers will become very particular on which sites they want their ads shown on - I doubt your typical MFA sites will make the cut.

I think we've already seen signs of this in the last year as revenue-per-click for publishers has dwindled on once lucrative keywords...

stumpyPete, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  7. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:

Let me clarify , thats assuming you arent using any blackhat seo , keyword stuffing and are following all the rules. :p

Seiya, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  8. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    rules ? you mean google's guidelines that they can't even be bother to follow themselves ?
    There are no rules, you build your sites in whatever method works for you.
    But that not withstanding, so called quality sites get tanked now and then as well.

jlawrence, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  9. Nokia999

Nokia999 Guest

Best Answers:
    If you mean by MFA is short content and bunch of adblocks.Then as i experience has shown.If you will cover your cost it will be your success.

Nokia999, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  10. Freddy81

Freddy81 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not a problem to cover the AdWords costs, I've recently made 3 such sites (2 paragraphs of WikiPedia text + AdBlock that blends in).
    They showed the ROI of 124%, 186% and 250% respectively. They are purely legal, no stolen content or webdesign, fully compatible with TOS except 1 point: they ARE made purely for AdSense.
    I've spent a few bucks on getting traffic from AdWords (about $200 at $0.03 per click). But I have serious concern, and perhaps I'll cut these sites off - if Google bans me, the income from my "good" site will fly away with the banned account.

But, from the other site, every day all of us see such sites advertised with AdWords, and there are plenty of them! And the biggest ones live for a year
    without a ban.

So, I'm in big dilemma - keep these sites and have unimaginable ROI, or cut them off?

Freddy81, May 5, 2006 IP
  11. dave78si

dave78si Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand you completely, since I have similar problem. But income from my regular (not MFA) sites is for now too small to be concerned about loosing the account. Afterall ypn should go international soon...

dave78si, May 7, 2006 IP
  12. Takayama

Takayama Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anyone experience with a content-MFS-symbiosis, e.g. a site that runs adsense, is advertised with adwords and actually provides a somewhat relevant content? Does this work in perspective of ROI?

Takayama, May 7, 2006 IP
  13. Freddy81

Freddy81 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Difinitely not. The better you content, the lower CTR you have.
    It's a proven fact.

Freddy81, May 10, 2006 IP
  14. Art

Art Peon

Best Answers:
    Short-term CTR is inversely proportional to quality of content. A lot of people havn't figured out tabbed browsing yet and will navigate pages purely with the links, if the site disgusts them, they'll exit either through an Ad or navigate to another page.

Art, May 17, 2006 IP