1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does it pay to make MFA sites?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by dave78si, Jan 16, 2006.

There are some websites which are made especially for adsense, but my question is, does it pay to make such a site?
    More specific: how much does it pay? What is your experience?

dave78si, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  2. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    They can pay A LOT if well optimized with good keywrds. For example I built a medical site listing verious drugs and medical conditions. Some of these keywords get few searches and are often mispelled so it isnt difficult to rank well. When I do get clicks I can earn $5 on average for these clicks. Since I have many of these sites running I can make very good money doing this.

IamNed, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  3. dave78si

dave78si Peon

Best Answers:
    My experience was quite the opposite, so I am glad to hear of some stories of success.
    I can imagine misspelling for you was not a problem... ;)

dave78si, Jan 16, 2006 IP
    Trippen and Spendlessly like this.
  4. stumpyPete

stumpyPete Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL! :D ... definitely turning a negative into a positive!

stumpyPete, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  5. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes MFA sites can pay.
    But and it's a big but. It depends a lot on how you make them, what keywords you target, and how you promote them.
    If you're talking about complete spam sites, then you're going to have to work very hard if you want to target competitive keywords. But you'd be a fool to build a spam site targetting highly competitve keywords unless you really know what you're doing -- in which case you wouldn't be asking the question :)
    To make MFA sites pay, you need to target keywords with low or very low competition and you need to target a lot of them. Or you target misspelling as already mentioned.

MFA sites might sound like a good idea, but unless you know what you're doing you are unlikely to make much money with them. IF you know what you're doing then MFA's are just another type of site in your portfolio.

jlawrence, Jan 16, 2006 IP
    iskandar likes this.
  6. lonecrow

lonecrow Peon

Best Answers:
    lets not forget the TOS implications of a MFA which, by definition, is a breach of the agreement.

lonecrow, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  7. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    And that answers the question posted in which way ????????

jlawrence, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  8. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't really get why people go on about "MFA" sites.

I guess they mean spam/no content sites? Personally, when I site down and write content, promote, and design a site, it is for adsense or some other affiliate program.

I always read people say stuff like "make a site that is about something you like and the money will come." While that may be easily said, I don't necessarily agree. This is a business.

Where I draw the line is with sites that are complete spam. If I sit down and write content for a site, it is "made for adsense." If the content is original and informative, and educates the visitor, then I don't see any problem in doing this; in fact, I think it helps the advertisers. That's the whole point of targeting the visitors.

MattEvers, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  9. cagintranet

cagintranet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It lets the person who asked the original question make an informed decision. What if the original poster wasn't aware of the TOS breach that a MFA site is.

Better information = Better decision

cagintranet, Jan 16, 2006 IP
    mattmdesign likes this.
  10. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    For now, I believe a MFA site could be profitable, but I believe that Google is working on decreasing their benefits and their payouts.

I was thinking of a few ways that Google could compensate publishers over cheaters:

1. Offer the best paying ads on page impression #2 and on. Page view #1 by a user would offer the cheap ads, but if they decide to stick around the site, they'll only then get better performance ads.

2. Offer the best paying ads to sites that have longer page views. Initially offer sites low paying ads until the site gets a decent "average user visit" time frame -- say even 30 seconds. If the average user stays longer than 30 seconds at a certain site, start offering better ads.

3. Offer the best paying ads to sites that gather a consistent return percentage. If a site can gain 1% return rates in user visits, give them the best ads.

dadasays, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  11. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    dadasays: those dont sound like good ideas to me and im sure it doesnt to adsense either. we want to give them targetted visits not 100% sure leads. If we wanna do leads well sign up for another service thats not adwords and ofc we will wanna be paid more.

Seiya, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  12. lonecrow

lonecrow Peon

Best Answers:
    It answers the question of does a MFA site pay because you have to factor in the risk of losing your account. Does 1 month of good earnings and then a canceled account pay more then a decent site does in 12 or more months.

I would have thought that was obvious but I am happy to spell it out for you.

lonecrow, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  13. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Hum some for adsense sites are better than the not made for adsense. If you are making a site with adsense being your goal of making revenue with it and you write quality content for that site you will NEVER be penalized by google. First of all they will not want to put you down due to the good referrals you are giving. Second of all there is no proof you made a site for adsense.... you made a site, wrote content , did work then tought you would put adsense on it? No one logs your toughts to see when you actually tought of adsense on the site eh?

Seiya, Jan 16, 2006 IP
    Jat likes this.
  14. guest

guest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @seiya

I agree with you.

Well its all perception to consider a site MFA or not unless its a page nothing but adsense LOL

guest, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  15. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    BS.
    Whether you loose your account has absolutely nothing to do with wether MFA sites can make money.
    Perhaps you might like to consider that people read and uunderstand the TOS, instead of pointing out the f'in obvious.

Perhaps I'll spell it out for you.
    Yes, 1 month of good earnings can often pay more than a decent site does in 12 months.
    Having said that, if you're contemplating running MFA sites then you should know what you're doing and that includes running multiple adsense accounts - I suppose you're going to come out with the BS that you're not allowed multiple accounts next.
    If you don't know what you're doing then don't walk the fine line of possibly breaching the TOS.

jlawrence, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  16. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    They already have the information - they read it when they signed up.
    If they're running adsense as part of a business (ie to make money) then I simply assume that they read and understand the TOS.
    If they haven't read the TOS then that's their problem. Ignorance is not an excuse.

17. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Most professionals who have MFA sites use multiple business accounts from multiple computers with different IP's and ISPs. That way if one account gets closed the google Adsense spider cant close the remaining accounts by tracing information.

IamNed, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  18. dave78si

dave78si Peon

Best Answers:
    I made a site about rentals and I was told by a very prominent member of DP forum that it is a "standard MFA site", so I am asking about sites like that (with 50-200 words of meaningful content).
    I understand that there are lots of sites which don't have ANY content besides google ads, and I consider those sites a spam sites and a clear breach of TOS.

dave78si, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  19. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    When it comes to MFA sites ignore what almost everyone says.
    If you think a site might be classed as MFA (ie made for adsense - not made for advertising) then contact Google and ask them.
    You'll be amazed at what they are happy with you having Adsense on, but at the end of the day only Google can give you a definitive answer. IF you ask them they will answer.

20. tonyrocks

tonyrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Funny thing, I sometimes create sites with misspelled keywords...totally by accident! It is amazing how many times some of my sites show up in the search engines for misspellings simply because I forget to use spellchecker. None the less, it does help out.

tonyrocks, Jan 17, 2006 IP