1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I don't know where to start..

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by illumiiinate, Dec 19, 2007.

Seriously, I have been studying this marketing stuff for a while and now its time to get started! I can't decide where to start or if i should just focus on making a page about one product or one theme and find lots of products. Does anyone have suggestions about what works best or a good niche to get into? Thanks!

illumiiinate, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  2. bazita

bazita Peon

Best Answers:
    if looking for niche that $$$$ question!

hit : you can search use like google keyword search to find out what keyword you should target and start from there to build you them :)
    good luck.

bazita, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  3. andresh99

andresh99 Guest

Best Answers:
    Just get started! Don't over think things and try to learn everything before you begin (paralysis by analysis). Get your feet wet and learn as you go - it is the only true way. Good luck :)

andresh99, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  4. grademoney

grademoney Peon

Best Answers:
    Find the niche you know best about first.

For example, I love tennis and I will start a website selling tennis shoes! If one of your customer asked you some tennis questions -- you will be happy to answer them!

Trust me -- choose the niche you know best. I have seen some of my students make money selling wires, junks, T-shirts and simple web designs.

grademoney, Dec 20, 2007 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
  5. touchAshley

touchAshley Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes good things get started from just being like " heck I think I'll create a small website! ". Don't over think it. Once you pick what you wanna do, the website will continue to grow I promise. You'll keep wanting to make it better and add more content. It's quite addicting.
    Get your website up and find some affiliate programs and take a look at some campaigns you can run. I personally promote sites that are free for people to join and get paid for it. I'm never good at selling anything.

touchAshley, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  6. yahtom

yahtom Peon

Best Answers:
    Ehhh You can search use like google device for search good keywords and then find out what keyword you should target and start . Start with small CPC

yahtom, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  7. SEOpaw

SEOpaw Peon

Best Answers:
    2 things you need, is that a product related or service related?

if products, it is cheap?
    if services, it is available in my country?

SEOpaw, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  8. JKhoury

JKhoury Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Start from the bottom.

I've found that if your project is based on a topic you already enjoy, then it's much much easier to succeed with it. I'd really recommend you sit down and figure out what type of topic you'd like to base your website on, and then move to secure a niche from there.

I've got an article on my blog that explains how you can advertise online without spending a dime. You might be interested in checking that out for some marketing ideas.

http://justinkhoury.com/2007/12/18/effective-cost-free-advertising/

Good luck. :)

JKhoury, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  9. askbryanmiller

askbryanmiller Active Member

Best Answers:
    illumiiinate,

The first real information that I have learned that no one ever told me was probably
    one of the hardest things to learn: focus.

This is hard in this business because, as I'm sure you'll find out or already have found
    out, Internet Marketing has a LOT of information on it, and I want you to write this
    down: the majority of it can be found for free, or on forums such as DP.

1) Write down your goal.
    2) Anything that does not help with getting you to that goal: throw it out.
    3) Subscribe to only a couple lists. If you have more than one mailing list (on IM)
    then get off of a LOT of them.
    4) Read throughout this forum.
    5) Take action on anything you feel might work. Never settle into laziness (this is part
    of the "focus")
    6) You're growing a business, so making a quick buck is never wise to shoot for; you'll
    fall into spamming, buy all sorts of crazy "quick cash" project manuals, and you'll get
    no where.

And that's all for the list that I'm going to make. The key thing is focus. If you focus
    enough on something, you will do well with it.

Good luck.

askbryanmiller, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  10. r_sole

r_sole Peon

Best Answers:
    That's the best advice I've heard on here in a long time :D:D
    Good stuff!

It's true, you don't need to think of the PERFECT business idea before you start. If you try to do that, you won't end up starting anything at all.

r_sole, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  11. illumiiinate

illumiiinate Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, I don't have too many really big "passions" to decide to work on, but I've pulled together some of my favorite hobbies and the idea will probably intertwine them all. Ahhh here I go..

illumiiinate, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  12. slipangle

slipangle Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea this is some good stuff.

You really need to be prepared and willing to do the nitty gritty work and stick with it until things start picking up. (unless you want to outsource right away, but will cost you)

Make a goal for yourself everyday.
    Wake up and write your goal down, what are you going to accomplish today?
    Don't make too many goals, it'll just weigh you down, just a few goals.
    The accumulation of these daily goals will ultimately take you to where you need to be.

Good luck to all of us!

slipangle, Dec 20, 2007 IP