1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help me Monetize my site

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ProxyEffect, Dec 20, 2007.

Hi guys, I run a fairly successful soccer blog, and I was wondering if any of you might be able to help me monetize the site better, since I'm unable to tap into the massive traffic this blog gets.

Adsense and CPX makes up for just loose change, I was looking for good affiliate offers, that might work on a site like mine.

Most of my traffic is from the UK, so something targeted towards them sounds sensible, but the question is what do I promote ?

Currently I have Kitbag's affiliate banners, but the CTR on those banners is extremely low, so I'm thinking of replacing them with some other product(s).

Look forward to hearing your suggestions.

ProxyEffect, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  2. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    You could try out some affiliate program like sports goods, soccer training products, magazine ect.

bobchrist, Dec 20, 2007 IP
    ProxyEffect likes this.
  3. B00MER

B00MER Peon

Best Answers:
    bobchrist has the right idea... especially with such a centric domain and topic you really should advertise for such all those other ads you've got on the page won't even put a dent in your bank account... I'd give chitika.com a try.

B00MER, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  4. andheresjohnny

andheresjohnny Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just checked out your blog ... nice. But I didn't see a real soccer or even a sports related ad at all. Maybe it was that Jessica Alba ad that diverted my eyes.

I'd add some niche themed ads.

andheresjohnny, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  5. waynelyp90

waynelyp90 Banned

Best Answers:
    I do see soccer-related ads such as the soccer kits ad.

I find your sidebar is totally full of ads (except the category)! This would cause a serious ad-blind for readers and it is not weird that no people will pay any attention to your ads.

waynelyp90, Dec 21, 2007 IP
  6. tudge

tudge Peon

Best Answers:
    hye there...

ur blog is simple but the appearance is nice...without too much colour..

one more thing I noticed, u got less people commenting on your nice posts...

can anyone tell me how to make people comment to our posts?

p/s: if i am a soccer fan,i definitely would be excited reading all ur posts!

tudge, Dec 21, 2007 IP
  7. europeunited

europeunited Peon

Best Answers:
    Becoming a Bookmakers affiliate is a great way to monetize your sports site, you can get 30% of the amount visitors of your site pay in their betting account, you can earn through 2nd level affiliate program 10%, plus many other opportunities you may want to check at the bookmakers sites, millions of people have betting accounts online and that number is increasing, top bookmakers make turn around of money in billions per year. Go with the big Bookmakers.

europeunited, Dec 21, 2007 IP
  8. ProxyEffect

ProxyEffect Banned

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for the suggestions! I am definitely experimenting with having bookmakers and football kit affiliate programs, the CTR seems to be quite poor though atm.

ProxyEffect, Dec 21, 2007 IP
  9. xerive

xerive Peon

Best Answers:
    First things first. WHERE IS YOUR NEWSLETTER? Why oh why have you not got something that people can signup for!

As for monetizing its a no brainer for me. Football ringtones. I run a similar site and ringtones sell really well :)

BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET A NEWSLETTER SORTED OUT!

xerive, Dec 21, 2007 IP
  10. europeunited

europeunited Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup, try monetizing from the visitors directly, football ringtones are relevant to your site's content, with pay-per-click you only promote what someone else promotes through you and you may end-up with small money.

Sell things yourself to be closer to direct money. I.e., if you don't know how to make football ringtones, find someone who knows and split profits 50-50. Be the affiliate who is selling Arsenal tickets, don't commercialize affiliates that sell Arsenal tickets.

If your KitBag's affiliate banner says something like 'buy sporting goods at KitBag's', people may find it bothersome to check out the store behind the banner with too many clicks, attention-catcher is a jersey or boots picture that visitors can valuate right on your site.

Use some texts to appoint them to ads to overcome ad blindness, if you write about Arsenal, Emirates Stadium, etc, place in/below the text your affiliate ad (directly with Arsenal F.C. possibly) through which they can buy tickets. Have a merchant account on your web-site and sell goods directly.

Don't place random ads most people find not relevant to content, you have a big ad on site's home page that doesn't have anything to do with sports, if one scrolls down, the text of your blog takes only about 50% of the page on the left side while the entire right side is blank, significant percentage of your web-page has nothing to do with football.

Write a sports text from time to time that promotes something sports related that you sell or resell that will be worth to visitors. See if you can hook up with some sports stores/manufacturers and write about great new sports products, investment opportunities, like writing a paid review for someone that many blogs practice.

Make ads be useful source of information to visitors, point out to advantages by comparing different ad offers, if you write about Man Utd current form and chances of winning this weekend, place several bookmakers affiliate ads so the visitors can compare the best odds, if you promote sporting goods, put different seller offer so visitors can see who's the cheapest to follow your lead through ads. Make people interested in looking at your ads that work for their benefit.

europeunited, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  11. sweetlouise

sweetlouise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why not fine tune your adsense and choose some ads with a higher payout. instead of letting google choose ads for you. imo

sweetlouise, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  12. jacobbannier

jacobbannier Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also PayPerPost.Com offer up to $5.00 and over for each post! Give it a try, if you write you own content.

jacobbannier, Dec 22, 2007 IP