1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My AdSense is being bombed by DP member: "sweet_jasmine"

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Union, Dec 19, 2007.

I believe is is important to publicly name people who participate in this sort of disgusting practice, as it affects all of us as AdSense members.

If you read this thread, You will see that this morning I was the victim of a particularly obvious click bombing attack from Malaysia: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=609077
    123 click 9 impressions 3 uniques. 1 guilt party reported to google.

So I just got another 80 clicks on my site. The good news is I know who the attacker is for certain now.

bear in mind this is a brand new site:
    [​IMG]

Alright, so I wanted to be 100% sure who the attacker was before I named them on this board. I would never risk calling out someone on such a serious matter unless I was totally sure who the guilty party was.

So bear with me..

The person who is google bombing me is a DP Member named sweet_jasmine (ironic, I know.)

How do I know for certain?

Well if you review this thread, you will see I has a cursory disagreement with the above named member.
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=607969

Well shortly after the disagreement with "sweet_jasmine" last night, I received a belligerent pm from her, then I wake up to the scenario outlined in my original post.

Fast forward to this evening, when I foolishly attempt to reason with sweet_jasmine and receive another, more belligerent, pm and 10 minutes later: 80 more clicks on my adsense.

This alone is not enough proof to warrant naming someone on the forums, so I decided to research a little further.

Remember earlier when I stated that it was a person from Malaysia who spent thirty minutes on my site click-bombing me?

Well I decided, just for kicks, to google "sweet_jasmine" and "Malaysia" and guess what I found:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=5639040

along with numerous other links that put this user smack dab in the middle of the attack location.

Totally unbelievably stupid.

Now I need your advice regarding what I should do next? The offense has been reported to google. It would help if I had sweet_jasmine's full I.P. so that I could turn it over to google.

I am only glad I was able to identify the attacker, some folks aren't so lucky.

Union, Dec 19, 2007 IP
    Tearabite and sweet_jasmine like this.
  2. Methane

Methane Peon

Best Answers:
    Ban them from this forum. I hope you do get their IP and you can shut down their adsense account too. That is stupid and dick.

Methane, Dec 20, 2007 IP
    Union likes this.
  3. VerizonGo

VerizonGo Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, I will assist in any way that I can.

VerizonGo, Dec 20, 2007 IP
    Union likes this.
  4. jakeruston

jakeruston Banned

Best Answers:
    Well done for finding out who it was ;)

You need to get the IP now.

jakeruston, Dec 20, 2007 IP
    Union likes this.
  5. Bob Mill

Bob Mill Peon

Best Answers:
    Find some of her sites, and report the site to Google.

Bob Mill, Dec 20, 2007 IP
    Union likes this.
  6. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If there's nothing about them that violates the ToS then that would be like "crying wolf" and maybe lose credibility.

If you can somehow obtain her IP through logs or anything, that would most likely be key for Google to be able to identify the clicks the user made.

hav0c, Dec 20, 2007 IP
    Union likes this.
  7. wiseassoffice

wiseassoffice Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you've done all you can do. You've called her out, its only fair to let her respond to the DP moderators, better them than you. The evidence is pretty compelling though I would say. Some people just don't know how to take a difference of opinion and end up doing foolish things. I would agree with her about WB, but I would never dream of impacting someone elses way of life. Just goes to show you half the country and dare I say planet are crazy. Less Crazy people in DP is a good thing.

wiseassoffice, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  8. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you report the attacker to DP mods?

M5love, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  9. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Send the DP moderators the IP that hit your site and then let them check her/his IP on this board. And hopefully they will ban this person if they are the ones doing it. Very childish if I must say....

superrichguy, Dec 20, 2007 IP
    Union likes this.
  10. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are still not 100% correct/sure it is the same person.

I would check your logs to see the list of IPs that accessed your websites, send them to DP and if they get a match for IPs logged from the above named user, then you will be 100% sure.

Peace,

Barti1987, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  11. vertigoflow

vertigoflow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    vertigoflow, Dec 20, 2007 IP
    Union likes this.
  12. Gnet

Gnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you have little traffic that means your daily visitors log with the ips is small..
    just run each ip through www.whois.sc
    you'll find the right ip in 10-20 mins

Gnet, Dec 20, 2007 IP
    Union likes this.
  13. Union

Union Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the advice folks. Repped.

I have been informed that the issue is being handled through google, and my AdSense account will in no way be effected by this attack. My advice to anyone who happens to find themselves in my shoes, is to report any suspicious activity right away, and provide google with as many details as possible. This will allow them to properly solve the discrepancy and prove that you are acting in good faith.

As for the perpetrator of this attack, well am a believer in karma, and I have done all that I feel is necessary. DP is a wonderful site, and I refuse to let one malicious individual sour my experience here.

Cheers to all of you and Happy Holidays.
    -Union.

Union, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  14. Cool1g

Cool1g Peon

Best Answers:
    same thing happened to me on here when I outed a scammer....they clickbombed a proxy site they sold to me with faked stats. i proactively sent the stats to google and my account came out fine and i think they even cancelled the other persons account with adsense.

Cool1g, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  15. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good for you for using all the tools available to catching this bandit.

SFOD_D223, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  16. wiseassoffice

wiseassoffice Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm Karma,
    Somewhere in Malaysia someone got Gonorrhea then got audited. Which in Malaysia is the same as being probed.
    Karmas funny isn't it?

Just remember no-one is immune to Karma, not even OJ.

wiseassoffice, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  17. Dondon2d

Dondon2d Peon

Best Answers:
    Who is OJ? Garfield's friend? Hehe.

Union, I guess you should stop being a webmaster now, go for something like a detective or join the CIA, nice catch. It didn't take time since it's a new site, thank God.

sweet_jasmine, good luck on your journey.

Dondon2d, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  18. christian231

christian231 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well done...

This stuff doesn't surprise me at all. I found a website that was competing for my keywords that had "borrowed" my page layout, exact content, wording, everything. I traced it back to a DP member and confronted them about it, and they removed the page. People will "F" you every chance they get...if you let them. Way to kick some ass on this one.

^^OJ is OJ Simpson..who killed his wife and got away with it. Ring any bells? ;-)

christian231, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  19. coco275

coco275 Peon

Best Answers:
    Kharma...spread the love not clickbombs.

coco275, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  20. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, this person is actually bombing many threads in here - http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=627654&page=6 - read the whole thread to see how crazy this jASSmine is... A few people have reported them already however the more the merrier. She is the most rude person I've EVER come across on this site.

**EDIT: mods took action, thread got cleaned, jASSmine is still here though.

NCMedia, Jan 6, 2008 IP