1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do you belive in your god?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by turhapuro, Dec 16, 2007.

1. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    My point is that you want to complain about God not doing anything, but He gave you the tools to be able to do it yourself, and you aren't doing it, so you're just looking for someone to blame.

If we can raise this kind of money to support a presidential candidate, don't you think it's possible to raise enough money to help that many children?

Reminds me of the story about the guy stuck on the roof in a flood asking God to save him, and you probably know the rest...

SolutionX, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  2. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Science has not given me an explanation of how and why us humans exist on this planet. There are many theories for both points. But none proven. The mere reason why the human race has stuffed up so much in history is because we don't stick to guidelines and principles. Independent decision making without guidelines and principles is futile.

Cheap SEO Services, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  3. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the little epiphanies I came to on my long search for spiritual peace of mind was this:
    I cannot expect God to behave in any way, not for good or evil as I would define them. I am not God nor am I anywhere close to being able to understand what exactly God is so who am I to say what God should or should not do. If you only believe in God because of what you expect to gain from that belief then your belief is only as strong as the next great disappointment. And on the other hand if you do not believe in God because of your disappointments then I would ask you to rethink your view of God and perhaps your expectations of what that view means.
    I do not believe God is my father, I have one of those and he was an asshole, I do not expect God to pick me up or to carry me across the sandy beach when my feet get tired like that old picture so many people hang in their office. My only expectation of God right now is that God exists. Everything else is up to me.

earthfaze, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  4. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    I honestly find myself falling into this same crutch quite a bit though. I have a book that I got at the library for 25 cents a long time ago called "Freedom and Responsibility" that I really want to read. Anyone know if it's worth it? Pretty thick book.

5. experienceadvertising

experienceadvertising Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    That fact that we are even discussing this means God exists...

experienceadvertising, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  6. Rub3X

Rub3X Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh? Please enlighten me. Does the fact that I'm talking about a tea cup in space means it exists?

Rub3X, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  7. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    If space is infinite, then yes :D

8. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    You just created it in your own mind and in this forum, so yes. :)

9. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    That's not sound reasoning you have there mate!

Going by your logic I could say 3 bananas were sitting on the moon playing a game of backgammon when a moonbat flew low and clipped one of the bananas behind the ear and yelled "STOP CHEATING YER RATBAG!"

Cheap SEO Services, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  10. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    It's just an alternative way of thinking about reality. Some very intelligent philosophers/scientists have toyed with the idea in the past. Kind of out there, but interesting, imo. :)

11. turhapuro

turhapuro Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, i have a little proof for you religious people that is a FACT. There was a large study in europe on religious and atheist people few years ago. When the study group compared these people they found out that atheist people had much higher intelligence than religious people. This is a fact, and it tell's me that those that belive in god are little bit more simple than the rest of us that don't belive in god or flying cows.

See, we study things and try to figure out how things work, while religious people only belive in stories. That study made me laugh, but if you think of it, ofcourse religous people are more simple than the rest of us. This is just a fact that the priest are not shouting about in the church.

turhapuro, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  12. Taliban

Taliban Peon

Best Answers:
    so all the great minds , people like great scientists u think most of them were athiest i don't believe that. May be that study was conducted by somone atheist:p well by the way no as no refrence is there, we can not discuss on what we havn't seen or something thats not from a well known person or organisation can't be considered true

Taliban, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  13. Taliban

Taliban Peon

Best Answers:
    oh is it?
    r u a boy OR girl...if u r a boy did u choose to be a boy?.....did u choose to come in this world??....did u choose to be a human??? .......... No mate the fact is that when u was born and grew up than u started liking things around u because u have to live a life and u have to like things now.......yeah i could say you are enjoiyng if u would have born on ur own and selected all things yourself as u liked and then u say i m enjoying........u r not enjoying u r compromising on things which are around you ..........u may enjoy more if u have 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 in your account so there in some enjoyment u r missing isn't it?

Taliban, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  14. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    Just give me a link to the study so I can pick it apart. Of course you are implying that a study says atheists of a certain number scored higher on an IQ test than non-atheists of a certain number did, but that does not mean any given atheist is more intelligent than any given non-atheist. Besides, if I am a non-atheist and you are an atheist and therefore more intelligent than I am (logical fallacy), why didn't you go ahead and find this study since you should have been able to deduce that I would ask for a source?
    Why does it bother you if others believe in God? What does the belief in and of itself cost you? I really think your problem has more to do with what people do in the name of religious dogma than God at all, and if that is in fact true you should be mad at people and not God. God doesn't owe any of us anything imho.

15. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    well, even though I let my 2 years old son learn by him self, he still need my guidance one way or another.
    We still need god guidance one way or another.

bfebrian, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  16. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    prove it.
    i'm religious people, and I do believe in stories.
    But I do believe in facts.
    so far, my religious believe doesn't conflict with any sciences.

bfebrian, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  17. coolmanphp

coolmanphp Peon

Best Answers:
    turhapuro you don't seem to belong to the above category in bold lol:D

coolmanphp, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  18. turhapuro

turhapuro Peon

Best Answers:
    O´ rly? You are sadly mistaken.

turhapuro, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  19. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe some people were intelligent enough not to participate in such a study. :p

SolutionX, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  20. grab my heat

grab my heat Banned

Best Answers:
    And it is We Who have constructed the universe with might, and verily, it is We Who are steadily expanding it. (Quran, 51:47)

At the beginning of the 20th century, the Russian physicist Alexander Friedmann and the Belgian cosmologist Georges Lemaitre theoretically calculated that the universe is in constant motion and that it is expanding.

This fact was explained in the Quran in a time when telescopes and similar technological advancements were not even close to being invented. This is because the Qur'an is the Word of Allah: the Creator and Sustainer of the entire universe.

grab my heat, Dec 19, 2007 IP