1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Penalized in Google? -50 like the rest of us? Question...

Discussion in 'Google' started by kianah, Dec 18, 2007.

Is your site still ranking for it's company name

example: if your site is www.bestdamnsite.com

are you ranking in google if you search for "bestdamnsite"

I'm seeing some sites hit by the -50 penalty and on top of that no longer ranking for their name. looks like double trouble

kianah, Dec 18, 2007 IP
    dtriola likes this.
  2. choice

choice Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    old news this happened months ago

choice, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  3. kianah

kianah Peon

Best Answers:
    I remember the whole alive / aviva directory thing...but Google is at it again...things that happened months ago can and are happening again - it's been added into the algo

It just happened to three sites I noticed that were de-indexed on the 10th of december and re-indexed again. Not old news.

I wonder how many people found themselves on the 5th page but after being reindexed but failed to check to see if they are still ranking for their company name.

kianah, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  4. Charlee22

Charlee22 Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with you Kianah, that is what happed, just like yours, my site got de-indexed, then reindexed with a -50. Not showing for the company name.

Don't know what Google wants, but it is their X-mas present. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, but if you look at the following thread, it is on this incident: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=592737&highlight=site+deindexed

It is being said that it could be caused by too many links too fast, too much PR juice coming in all of a sudden, using the same anchor text for alot of text links among others......but none of this makes sense to me. Because all this can be done to you by anybody, you competitors...meaning the system is flawed.

But thats what the word on the street is right now.

Charlee22, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  5. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OH.my site ranking for the company name too..
    Now is #3,
    but lucky the word is not very competitive..

enous, Dec 18, 2007 IP