1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This should help the Infraction scenario.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by anteclimax, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaryMary

MaryMary Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt the OP of that thread appreciated the fact that you were trying to buy the same thing he was advertising for, as a matter of fact, he is probably the one who reported it to us for review.

Creating your own thread will not get you an infraction for duplicate threads unless you post the same thing in 2 or more areas of the buy sell trade or any part of the forum.

MaryMary, Dec 17, 2007 IP
    allout likes this.
  2. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't know since I can't even find the thread. As long as I'm not bidding on unique content there should be no problem with saying that someone should ping me from reading the same thread. If I started a new thread to outdo the other thread starter I doubt he would have appreciated it too. The bottom line is that I got tagged for it, really didn't understand what I did wrong and had no recourse and no idea whom to speak to. But I've stated my peace and you've got my input FWIW.

I'm dropping out of this discussion and just thought I'd pipe in that I think a lighter side to moderating is appreciated without the official wrist slapping if it really isn't necessary... and I'm glad this place has not approached webhostingtalk, which is now a pariah to free discussion of ideas and a censored, slanted discussion that is doubtless tilted in favor of its sponsors. Talk about moderating issues...

slinky, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  3. MaryMary

MaryMary Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I was just trying to help you understand your issue about infractions. The reason you cannot find the thread is because your posts were deleted because any comments anywhere in the buy sell trade area of the forum that has nothing to do with wanting that service or product is an infractionable offense. ;)

I can pm you your posts and the thread location if you wish so that you may investigate it yourself.

MaryMary, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  4. anteclimax

anteclimax Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am definately staying out of all infraction threads from now on, they get almost as heated as religion threads. Anyway, this thread has gone beyond what I started it for, so could a mod please close it.

anteclimax, Dec 18, 2007 IP
    MaryMary likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.