1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do you belive in your god?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by turhapuro, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Taliban

Taliban Peon

Best Answers:
    If a thing/object is a creation the first thing is for sure that there is a creator caz every creation has a creator. Like scientists are sure that this earth is a creation it was not all this from begning, some thing happened(different views on what exactly happened and when did it happen) and earth came into existance....moreover there is a system now from days to nights, from weathers to light..........if a coutry has 3 weathers in a year ,next year it will have 3 weathers again......so for every system there has to be some one who runns/control it.................who is controlling all nature? We say oh its natural, now what does that mean what is nature and who is controlling nature? all systems in ths world are run/control/govern by some individual or group , If we see something which is not being cotrolled in our opinion we say its natural but infact that is being controlled by someone we don't kow about

Taliban, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  2. Rub3X

Rub3X Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry but just because firefox has a creator doesn't mean the universe has one. Seasons exist because of gravitational pull, not god.

Rub3X, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  3. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    Why does gravitational pull exist?

earthfaze, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  4. Rub3X

Rub3X Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rub3X, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  5. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not that slow, you linked me to HOW it works not WHY it exists. Do you have kids? If so you should be quite familiar with the Why? game.

6. Rub3X

Rub3X Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any answer I come up with you'll just ask why that exists. How childish of an argument.

Rub3X, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  7. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    The why game will go on as long as you are able to answer the question easily, as soon as it becomes difficult or you do not in fact know the answer you will stop trying and tell me to go to my room or come off with a non-answer such as because I said so.
    IF you had actually read the article you linked me too you would see at the bottom...
    And this goes toward the main point of my argument, that a belief in God is an attempt at explaining why processes and natural laws exist (because something bigger than us saw that they should in a grand design) and that science and logic on the other hand are not the correct tools for even arguing this since they are equipped for determining how these processes and natural laws work and whether they exist or not, not WHY they exist.
    A belief in a higher power (pick a god its not really relevant which one) is not in fact any more illogical than logical. According to the much cited Occam's Razor the simplest explanation for the order of the universe we are constantly determining through science is that in fact there is an orderer that has made it so. Of Occam's Razor is not always correct either, it just happens to be a good rule of thumb.

8. Rub3X

Rub3X Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just because I don't know who engineered my camera doesn't mean I should assume an all powerful being did it.

I also find it amusing you attempt to solve the issue of how/why things work with an answer: god. When god in himself needs an explanation of why/how he got there. And please, don't say he always existed. If he could, then the universe could.

Rub3X, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  9. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    No you do not need assume that an all powerful being did it. You just need to assume that most probably a being more powerful than you did it perhaps even an assembly line of beings to allude to your camera analogy (is the universe like a camera?). It seems your definition of god and mine are somewhat different. I am using the word in its broadest sense which I would consider to be a higher being. You are using it in a more abrahamic monotheistic sense as the source of all things who would omniscient and omnipotent. For the sake of argument let me take your implied definition for a minute, if humanity is limited and finite in its ability to comprehend all things does it therefore mean that all things are limited and finite? Is the universe conscious of itself? Is it logical to say no just because you do not have proof that it is?
    If there is a quantifiable design to the universe is it such a stretch of logic to say that there is a designer? Now then the question, like you demonstrate, becomes who is the designer, how did that designer do it, and where did the designer come from?
    I don't know. God is a paradox. And I am fine with that.

10. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to believe in God through faith alone, but now I've found proof (enough for me) through simple logic, that there is A God. Why I believe in my specific God though is still based on faith.

SolutionX, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  11. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    to create my humble home, I need a design.
    it is impossible these universes to exist without a design, simply illogical.

bfebrian, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  12. Dvae

Dvae Banned

Best Answers:
    this could be but hey, when we say God, we mean somewhat complete, humans arent complete, thus we are born to make mistake. we dont exactly believe in God but we must Not treat ourselves as God.

Dvae, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  13. anions

anions Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Children, all around the world, are brainwashed so badly by the society, that unless you are intelligent enough, you will fail to realize that there really is no god and our existence is just a probability equation.

This and all the other threads related to religion are useless - there is just no convincing the believers, because even if they're bukkaked with proof, they will stick with their 'god is great' theory.

Feck all.

anions, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  14. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I totally and absolutely agree. This is well said!

wisdomtool, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  15. turhapuro

turhapuro Peon

Best Answers:
    ok well, lets say that everything has a creator. Now, what brings you to the conclusion that the all mighty god that created everything is watching us, sent us jesus etc... little tiny earth of trillions of plants, eh? You must be self centered to think like that. Also, if he is watching, what kind of god does it make of him.

I could some how manage to understand that people think there is a creator, there might be, i just don't know the answer. Anyway, all our religions are bullshit and work of imagination, i can guarantee that to you. There might be a god, but he is not aware of us, or not watching us, or he is a sadistic bastard watching us and masturbating.

So, yes there might be a creator, but it's none of those that our current religions imagine. So, if you belive in current religions, it's time for a reality check. Why not study science, and try to find your god there. Atleast science brings us explanations about things, religion does not.

Check your self, before you wreck your self.

Turhapuro

turhapuro, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  16. Taliban

Taliban Peon

Best Answers:
    thats strange and how can people even think of that , u want to prove image of GOD through science? science is never complete never perfect ..... and wat is science? if one scientist says this is law the other one rejects that....science keeps on improving...keeps on changing ...how can u use a tool which is not complete itself which is not perfect which is never errorless to measure something COMPLETE and PERFECT

Taliban, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  17. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know if God is watching us or not. God has given us Free Will, and we all will be judged on our actions we took, the decisions we made.

Finally... :D

I thought I'd never hear that from you. You've made good progress... :D:p

gauharjk, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  18. grab my heat

grab my heat Banned

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

For those of you that know what this is, and the story behind it, this is enough proof! Subahnallah :D

grab my heat, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  19. turhapuro

turhapuro Peon

Best Answers:
    tell me more

turhapuro, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  20. grab my heat

grab my heat Banned

Best Answers:
    Pharaoh regarded himself as a deity and responded with slanders and threats to Prophet Musa's (as) calls for him to believe in Allah. This arrogant attitude lasted until he was faced with the threat of death through drowning. The Qur'an relates that Pharaoh immediately turned to belief when faced with Allah's punishment:

We brought the tribe of Israel across the sea, and Pharaoh and his troops pursued them out of tyranny and enmity. Then, when he was on the point of drowning, he [Pharaoh] said: "I believe that there is no god but Him in Whom the tribe of Israel believes. I am one of the Muslims." (Quran, 10:90)

However, this last-minute conversion was not accepted, for it was not sincere. According to the Qur'an, Allah exclaimed:

"What, now! When previously you rebelled and were one of the corrupters? Today we will preserve your body so you can be a Sign for people who come after you. Surely many people are heedless of Our Signs." (Quran, 10:91-92)

The information that Pharaoh's corpse would serve as a sign for later generations is regarded as an indication that his body would not decay. On display in the Royal Mummies Chamber of the Egyptian Museum in Cairo is a mummified body believed to be that of this tyrant.

In all likelihood, Pharaoh's body floated to shore after being drowned preserved unlike all the other people that were drowned!, was found and mummified by the Egyptians, and then carried to a previously prepared burial chamber.

There are hundreds of miracles in our book, if you wish to hear more of them just say so and it will be my pleasure :D

grab my heat, Dec 18, 2007 IP