1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what ranks easier for a blog post or a page? rep+

Discussion in 'Google' started by Mesoc, Dec 17, 2007.

I'm still new to the blog world, and having trouble deciding what to promote more. Have a question, say my blog is about colors. Now for example, one of the things I want to promote indvidually is about the color "green", would it be best to make a category "green" and make daily posts and just advertise one post impaticular for best serps results?? Or should I create a permanent page and advertise it for best serps results?

What would be the best way to approach doing seo for the keyword green? rep for whoever can help, I don't want to waste time doing seo if theres a better way :D

Mesoc, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  2. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    I prefer the pag idea. Post move off main page of blog after you make so many post so make one page with what you need and link to that page and promote it.

rcj662, Dec 17, 2007 IP
    Mesoc likes this.
  3. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep your affiliate offers all on a page their own. Also use other virtual real estate around the blog, by utilizing banners. Say for example you are promoting dog obedience manuals. Make a post specific to dog obedience but un-related to your offer. For example you could use someone else's dog obedience manual as a banner in the middle of the post. Don't put it at the bottom or on the sides, put is right in the middle of the post where their eyes will be focused for a good 2 to 3 minutes. Other locations like the side would only get glanced at. In the middle of the post they are being focused on sub consciously while reading your blog post. Then your offer on the page all by itself could also get looked at after they have gotten interested in dog obedience from reading your article. They are then going to do research on dog obedience looking for similar offers about dog obedience manuals. So what if they don't buy from you... Sell them on the idea, and they will buy from someone... hopefully someone that you are an affiliate for.

jjpmarketing, Dec 17, 2007 IP
    Mesoc likes this.
  4. zuberr

zuberr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do both!! Make a permanent page for that colour and then make a category and the posts you make in the category link to that permanet page.

zuberr, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  5. smak786110

smak786110 Banned

Best Answers:
    Create categories...and than keep on updating your blog frequently !

smak786110, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  6. Domino

Domino Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    More categories you create the better. Fresh and unique content is the answer.

Domino, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  7. aira

aira Active Member

Best Answers:
    agree with Domino. Having several categories will make it more flexible

aira, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  8. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, you probably want your categories, blog links, etc. All on the right hand side of the blog. Otherwise google spider will search your catgeories, etc. first, which for some reason, I can't remember why, isn't a good thing. I'll have to check my seo sources and get back to you on why.

jjpmarketing, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  9. master_06

master_06 Peon

Best Answers:
    In a blog, your page is where you keep all the relevant posts. In short, it is the page that is most effective for blogs because it is a combination of posts that are all about one topic - your category.

On the other hand, in a post, you can always try to optimize it in order to contribute to the overall effectiveness of your blog's page and eventually lead to higher rankings with your target keywords or niche.

master_06, Dec 18, 2007 IP