1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Knows All

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by zero_hour, Dec 16, 2007.

I have read this several times on several occasions and I am beginning to wonder what people mean? Google cannot possibly know all... they can know anything computer related... but I don't understand how people have come to the conclusion that google knows all. It doesn't make sense. Google, for instance, does not know where my birthmark is.

Bottomline is, I think "Google knows all" has become an overused phrase that really has lost its meaning. Google monitors many of its Adsense users but Google, like all other companies, was founded by humans and no human knows everything in existence.

Okay, the whole point of this thread is to point out that, while one should generally follow the guidlines as well as possible, one should not constantly be worried about his/her Adsense account because he believes Big Brother is watching over him. I just get this funny feeling of 1984 whenever anybody says that phrase. "Google Knows All." Google only knows what you tell them.

Just here to break the myth.

zero_hour, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  2. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    Fka200, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  3. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    G knows all ...

may be
    but
    NOT G humans - but G computers
    to have all data on a computer is one thing
    to have humans actually read / understand and wisely / properly USE all those data is a totally different story.

as about your birthmarks ...
    just be patient
    HERE in DP you mentioned to have birthmarks and that the location might be critical
    in another thread or post on another site you sooner or later may drop accidently or willingly the location and G-computers may combine the 2 sources and thus G may know where your birth marks are

knowledge is a forensic science like a jigsaw puzzle - computers have the pieces accumulated and by proper use of the SW the pieces may be put together to a more or less complete picture
    human common sense then may complete that picture

may be as of NOW G lacks the total resources ( HW and SW ) needed to create that jigsaw puzzle picture to be formed for all www users ...
    unless NEEDED as in case of click frauds or so

AND
    G has definitely exceeded BY FAR the size where G-humans can read/understand/control and adjust according to the data already existing
    else for example G would have NO hotlinkers on its own blog sites - because a G-human would KNOW that hot linked pics are typically / usually stolen = copyright infringement and thus a potential for a lawsuit
    OR another example
    If G- HUMANS would KNOW that stlen pics are used for adsense
    then G-humans would know that the publisher is violatiing TOS
    ... A N D
    that G itself is violating common law by making profits from stolen content by using stolen content MFA sites as advertising platform itself

the fact that above 2 examples exists on TODAY's G-world and on www are poof that G-computers may have all data potential for far more knowledge BUT that the quantity of available data has by far exceeded the potential of G-humans
    = G has by far outgrown the size G-humans can control and maintain clean, neat and legal

the same may apply for most other major SE or even sites as well!

hans, Dec 16, 2007 IP
    tattoos likes this.
  4. phinelinda

phinelinda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like Robocop or T2 in the making :)

phinelinda, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  5. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I welcome our new overlords...
    *slowly backs away*

Tearabite, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  6. Rasputin

Rasputin Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the Matrix.

(I wonder if your doctor keeps your medical records somewhere secure?)

Rasputin, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  7. zero_hour

zero_hour Peon

Best Answers:
    Computer or not, everything is designed by humans.

Despite what you may believe, such an accusation that "Google knows all" is an act of paranoia. That's all I'm saying.

zero_hour, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  8. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is actually run by aliens somewhere in the Nevada desert.

Pixelrage, Dec 17, 2007 IP