1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

wealthy affiliate??

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by vikram_mavi, Dec 15, 2007.

Well i came across this site wealthyaffiliate . com & it seems like they have very good training program.

I thought of joining them,but are they really that good as wht they say? Is there any1 here who benefited frm thr tips & training?

vikram_mavi, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  2. jasonk1234

jasonk1234 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    personally I try to stay away from sites like that but if you use them and find possitive results than let me know

jasonk1234, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  3. wizardofx

wizardofx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a shill

wiz

wizardofx, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  4. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    It's all hype.

You'll do better on this board, and affiliate boards, like abestweb.com.

But, try it anyway. Find out for yourself.

Perry Rose, Dec 15, 2007 IP
    Lastbutnotleast likes this.
  5. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guarantee everything they tell you is common knowledge...no one sells secrets that are actually making them money ;)

BlueDevilMedia, Dec 15, 2007 IP
    Lastbutnotleast and tradester like this.
  6. cbogey88

cbogey88 Peon

Best Answers:
    I disagree. I'm actually a member of that site. It's not just a forum. It's a whole training center. There's lots of keyword tools, research tools, and even a pretty easy to use website builder they just added.

Support is great too, free hosting, lots of other stuff.

Unless someone has been inside the site, they have NO IDEA about what goes on inside, but if this tells you anything, I've been a member of that site for about 6 months and haven't ever even considered leaving.

I agree that the knowledge there can possibly be found elsewhere, but it would take you six months to find it all and you'd be hard pressed to do so. It's awesome to have it all in one place.

The owners of the site are two genuine guys that like to help people. Sure there's something in it for them, but I can't even begin to count the number of people that rave how much WA has helped them. I'm one of them.

I'm not trying to spam links all over the place, but since you're asking, you can look at the review page I made. I've got some videos up showing some of the things you will find inside. Definitely not a 'shill.'

cbogey88, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  7. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You don't happen to be one of the owners do you??

BlueDevilMedia, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  8. cbogey88

cbogey88 Peon

Best Answers:
    I wish I was. If I was I wouldn't be spending so much time on IM forums.

Wealthy Affiliate is centered mainly around affiliate marketing, so you won't get into banner ads and all that stuff, but even the stuff that isn't taught you can certainly discuss in the forums.

Look, don't give me a hard time just because I answered the dude's question. If I was spamming links all over the place and not being helpful, I wouldn't blame you, but I'm certainly not...

cbogey88, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  9. visit_faraz

visit_faraz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well,I am getting positive results from it.
    And I also agree that you can learn a lot from these boards. The downside for learning from these boards is that you will be spending a lot of time in trying to sort out the good information from the bad ones.

I had started making money online after I joined wealthy affiliate.

If you are a real beginner ,then joining the site would help to shorten your learning curve.
    if you are an intermediate marketer and have read a lot of IM books, then the lessons wont appear very useful but you will still love the forums. The wealthy affiliate forum is full of amazing information which I love.

So,If you have been thinking of buying an IM book worth $97 ,then I am sure tht joining wealthy affiliate(even for only a month) would be a better bet.

Hope this helps.

bye,
    faraz

visit_faraz, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  10. smartfinds

smartfinds Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some of the folks in our office have reviewed Wealthy Affiliates and so far I have not heard anything bad. They seem to find useful information that has helped us with our clients.

smartfinds, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  11. cbogey88

cbogey88 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very true. It's good even if you don't want to be an affiliate marketer. Aff marketing revolves around keywords and driving traffic to a certain piece of Internet real estate. Any online business needs this, especially smaller businesses who don't have a lot of money to throw around.

I've found the methods I've learned there quite helpful to driving traffic to the website we use at work. Got a nice bonus because of it too :)

Very good point.

cbogey88, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  12. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    cbogey you are promoting them in your sig. You're an affiliate for them...... we ain't dumb ;)

longroad, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  13. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wealthy Affiliate is definitely worth the price of the membership. Easily.

I've yet to be a part of forums that are as helpful as WA and you get help from guys like Travis Sago, Kyle and Carson (the owners), etc... I've recommended it to several people and finally joined the Affiliate program after seeing everybody who I referred come back and thank me for it.

I'd definitely give it a shot, as long as you're going to REALLY try what they teach... It's honestly changed my life quite a bit over the past few months.

But it won't be for everybody... especially those who don't put forth the effort.

clenard, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  14. mdudley

mdudley Peon

Best Answers:
    I know I'm new to this forum and all, but I am a member of Wealthy Affiliate, and I have been one for 7 months. They have really helped me out with my marketing. Before I joined I was struggling online, without any direction, I bought e-book after e-book that really didn't help me at all. I started their 8 week course and after awhile I started to make money after not making any for a very long time. The people in the forums are great and most are ready, willing, and able to help you out with any thing that you're stuck on.

mdudley, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  15. medaa25

medaa25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Funny how all the newish members in DP present in this thread are also participating in this program...

It is like they all found this program, DP and this thread at the same time.

:rolleyes:

medaa25, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  16. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    The reason I stay with Wealthy Affiliate is the tools like their site builder. The forum is useful as well. The site builder has a lot of nice features to it. I won't be placing an affiliate link in my signature for it either. I don't need to promote it. I believe it is worth the price I pay for it. I have seen some sites that charge a lot more and provide a whole lot less.

jjpmarketing, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  17. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol, amazing coincidence ;)

longroad, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  18. sean84

sean84 Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's a post from someone who's not going to post their affiliate link :)

I'm a member although I spend most of my time helping people in there, rather than getting help myself.

It's a great place if you're a newbie and want to learn the basics about bum marketing/PPC review sites etc.

I haven't used the tools in a long time, but the forum is pretty handy and for $30 a month, you can't really complain.

sean84, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  19. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Wealthy Affiliate gives you something else. The majority of the members are there trying to learn internet marketing tips, tricks, techniques, etc. So you basically get an extrememly targeted group of potential customers for only $30 per month. That seems like a pretty good deal to me.

jjpmarketing, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  20. nursehoney

nursehoney Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm a former member of Wealthy Affiliate. I stayed with them about 4 or 5 months before I decided to cancel my membership. Like any program, you'll get out of it what you put into it.

In my opinion, the people who benefit the most from WA are the newer entrepreneurs...and there is a wealth of information for them inside. An eight week step by step action plan to give direction, as mentioned earlier, as well as the tools they make available to their members make it a good investment for those trying to get started.

My biggest disappointment with WA was with the launch of their new site builder. I think the premise was a good one, I just think they put it out there a bit too early, before all the bugs were worked out.

And even though I finally decided that my money would be better spent elsewhere, I'm thankful for the time I spent in the forum, learning and sharing with others. It was through the studying I did there that I finally worked up the courage to take a stab at PPC advertising, something I'd been too scared to venture into before.

The people in the forum, for the most part, are warm, accepting and caring and I met some great folks, a few I still keep in touch with.

So, bottom line...do I recommend WA? Yes I do. Especially if you've been online for a while now and still aren't making any money. Will you outgrow WA? Possibly. But many people, myself included, have benefited from having been a part of it.

Honey

nursehoney, Jan 1, 2008 IP