1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Pagerank and directories

Discussion in 'Directories' started by bcdxer, Dec 15, 2007.

just i have submitted my new site to some free directories having PR more than three.If most of the links approved, can i assume that my site will get good page rank? correct?
    any clarifications and inputs?

bcdxer, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  2. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    To put this across in the most friendly way bcdxer, i would say that after the last PR update i wouldn't asume anything, i know what your meaning and what you would expect, but i wouldn't count on anything yet.

Even with those directories being free directories.

pipes, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  3. wayner

wayner Peon

Best Answers:
    If there is to be any PR boost to your site, it will only come about if the pages on which your link resides have some PR, if only the directories home pages have PR but not the pages where you link is then you wont get much, if anything, from it.

As general advice, think more about building solid links and gaining traffic rather than focusing on PR, a site with lots of good links and traffic is a success, one with a PR of 5 and 20 visitors a day is not...

wayner, Dec 15, 2007 IP
    pipes likes this.
  4. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PR is becoming a relic of the webmaster world IMO..Focus on quality of the site as an indicator if you want to submit..

templates, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  5. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    LoL everyone knows the truth, it will never be a relic of webmaster world, it will be alive and kicking for as long as google pagerank lives. Every webmaster might deny it but truth is Pr will live on... Now all hail to google and its pr, webmasters are google's slaves. :p

paidhosting, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  6. twinbees

twinbees Peon

Best Answers:
    PR is your goal. Building a web directory is to sell the links and PR is the main fact..

twinbees, Dec 16, 2007 IP