1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Weird

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by DarkX, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    First, I usually don't create threads here. But, this has gone to the top of dumbness.

I wonder when the staff will start being active in banning scammers, except banning members for no reason.

It's so ****** hard to get a scammer banned, and if you post some type of warning in the thread, you'll get an infraction. I wonder how the hell you would be able to warn member not to deal with that 'scammer'?

Samantha got banned because she said the truth? You shouldn't forget, she reported over 150 dupe & scammer's a/cs

Jerlene got her ban extended because she created a post on her blog about crazy_rob? how come something outside from DP can be the reason for a ban?

List of dumb things about DP is endless..................................

Absence of administrator is even worse.
    No wonder, why old member left this forum.

Also, how would a banned member can contact 'staff'?, as mistakes happen.

PS. As this place has been a place for dumbs recently, this folder is for 'feedback' also.
    And no, I didn't got any infraction. I'm just frustrated.

edit: thanks for the reds, I've enough greens anyway. yay ;)

DarkX, Dec 14, 2007 IP
    Shazz, Meener, Yfcadmin and 1 other person like this.
  2. junnesss.space

junnesss.space Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree that it is an invalid ban. This isn't relevant, or on the DP domain, its the publishers own blog and he/she may write as that person pleases. How can it be linked back to accounts on DP and get someone banned?

I've also got my first infractions, and I've no idea why that particular post has violated any posting rules.

junnesss.space, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  3. Katy

Katy Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Samantha got banned because she called me a BITCH and posted "fuck the mods"!! Is it so f*cking hard to understand?

Katy, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  4. DarkX

DarkX Peon

Best Answers:
    Where did she said you "bitch"? I'm unable to find it on any thread. Perhaps you deleted it?

Oh, I also asked some other questions. (OP)

btw, tnx for the rep. :)

DarkX, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  5. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I know Sammie can irk some people the wrong way, but I really do think she was trying to do some good here. Quite sad.....I'm sorry she called you a bitch, she should not have done that, but at the same time, the mods ALWAYS state they will not get involved in personal matters between members (bad transactions, name calling, etc.), but it does seem that if you have a personal problem with one of the mods like she did then the mods will get involved.....

Don't get me wrong, the job of being a mod here must be very time consuming and hard work. But, I think it would also involve having some thick skin when the not-so-nicities are thrown your way (and I'm sure you get your share), but it seems like it's been getting to you guys a little bit more lately.....just callin' it as I see it.....

Too bad you guys don't qualify for some "paid time off" like you get at work. I use mine up every year, because when I don't, I start becoming burnt out and mean to everyone at work.....

Firegirl, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  6. CountryBoy

CountryBoy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sammie did say those things - I remember reading them earlier today.
    I'm surprised that people have taken her comments to heart and reacted so badly to criticism.

CountryBoy, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  7. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    People don't get banned for "no reason". You don't have access to what happens behind the scenes.

The bottom line is if you act like an immature little kid, thrown a tantrum, and start insulting the people who do their best to make this a great community (members and mods alike) we don't want you here. Read that again - we don't want you here.

As far as the scammers - it's nearly impossible to provide any proof that anyone scammed anyone else. All "evidence" can be faked and if we started handing out bans based on "evidence" there would be a whole new round of complaints and issues. That said, more of these "scammers" are banned than you will ever realize - again, you don't see what happens behind the scenes and the mods who spend their time catching hundreds and hundreds of these people don't create new threads patting themselves on the back for trying to protect the good members of DP.

GuyFromChicago, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  8. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:

What about the numerous amount of people that post the same person over and over again. Wouldn't that be considered evidence?

Shazz, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  9. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    It could be taken into consideration and looked at in relation to anything else we could come up with. Every situation is unique so we try and be careful about how things are handled. Let's be honest, I could have 20 people reporting you as a scammer by tomorrow morning with screenshots and all sorts of "evidence" of your wrong doings.

If you could see everything the mods see and get from members you would probably understand where we're coming from. I know that on the outside it may sometimes appear like we don't care but in all honesty nothing could be further from the truth. We have literally banned thousands of accounts in an effort to protect DP's membership.

GuyFromChicago, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  10. DarkX

DarkX Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, if they don't get for no reason then for silly reasons. If you want I can search some threads or posts.

I didn't insulted any moderator/member or acting like an "immature little kid". As a member I've rights to express my opinion/suggestion/thoughts, and that's what this folder about, if you think that's "tantrum" then ....... :rolleyes:

That's what a Moderator do (or have to). You people do a great job, but again - mistakes happen.

Samantha said "bitch" to Katy on MSN, and that's their personal problem, it can't be the reason for a ban or infraction. As far as I know, Billy Willy's Msn is not DP.

DarkX, Dec 14, 2007 IP
    CountryBoy likes this.
  11. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    samantha is banned forever?! :eek:

Shazz, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  12. CountryBoy

CountryBoy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am speaking to her at the moment.
    She isn't, but doesn't want to come back.
    DarkX is giving a succinct summary of events.

CountryBoy, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  13. Katy

Katy Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    That's not your problem either. If you want to defend her, do it on MSN.

Katy, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  14. Bender

Bender Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright that's it. I can't remain silent anymore. Some people here are just plain dumb, thats all.

Mods ban someone, you complain. Mods don't ban someone you complain.

From what I see, the only people who get banned here (other than obvious scammers and rule breakers) are immature individuals who can't control themselves, don't know how to communicate in an adult way and act like 8 year olds and therefore do not deserve to be a part of the community. (I would have given examples but, I'm afraid it will be considered as a personal attack)Therefore, they get banned till {hopefully} they grow up (thus a temporary ban - gotta give them time..).

And like the GuyFromChicago said, they can't ban a member just because some other members call her/him a scammer. Not without a proof. Even if that member is MOST probably a scammer....

The only thing this forum has been lacking lately is an Administrator. Shawn is never online (like he used to be) and it takes months to get a response from him (yet a lot of members keep a$$kissing him..not that I have a problem with that...but mods who do all the dirty work they bash with no problem..)

And lastly, this is a free forum. nobody forces you to stay here. don't like the way this forums is managed? - feel free to leave at any time. or do anything else you wish but, for the love of God, stop WHINING like 5 year olds.

P.S. Feel free to bombard me with red reps, I know you wanna to.

P.P.S. This response is not directed at any particular member, especially Samantha.

Bender, Dec 14, 2007 IP
    Katy, sundaybrew and GuyFromChicago like this.
  15. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So is there going to be a conference of Defenders of the Universe (Samantha) ;) and Offenders of DP ( Mods) :D... J/k . :)

When do we get started ?
    ;)

Yfcadmin, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  16. DarkX

DarkX Peon

Best Answers:
    eh? You simply can't ban someone for something which is happened outside from DP. That's plan and simple.

Btw, if it was about MSN, trust me, it won't be easy to get Billy Willy's email address. :-(

Of course, but you do have enough rights to post what you don't like, right?

DarkX, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  17. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    Couldn't have said it better

Well done bender :)

sundaybrew, Dec 14, 2007 IP
    Bender likes this.
  18. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well its hard for me to get her msn address too. Who are those billy willy in there. :D

I say we discuss this all in a Conference. That will help us sort everything.

Yfcadmin, Dec 14, 2007 IP
    MaryMary likes this.
  19. Katy

Katy Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I didn't ban her!! Are you a total outsider????

Bender, your post should be a sticky! ;)

Katy, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  20. DarkX

DarkX Peon

Best Answers:
    by you i mean - "moderator"!! Are you a mod????

DarkX, Dec 14, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.