1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Installing WordPress in a SubDomain?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by mcfc4eva, Dec 13, 2007.

Okay, I've never had a blog before and I've decided I'm going to start one...

I've seen many blogs under the address blog.domain.com and that's what I want, I understand how to install WP (using cPanel) and how to set up a subdomain (again using cPanel) but I don't know how to combine the two!

From what I can see, if I was to setup a subdomain via cPanel and then install WP in the folder manually (without the use of cPanel) then it works - does it have to be done this way or can cPanel be used?

Thanks,
    Mike

mcfc4eva, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  2. CypherHackz

CypherHackz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    never try that method. usually i create a subdomain from cpanel and then i upload wordpress manually to the it. works without any problems and for me it is better than using fantastico. :D

-cypher.

CypherHackz, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  3. mcfc4eva

mcfc4eva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    bah, effort! hehe, i suppose i have no other choice :(

4. johntp.com

johntp.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do you want to install WordPress in a SubDomain? If a blog is all you want on your site, then installing WordPress on the root folder is the best thing to do.

johntp.com, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  5. mcfc4eva

mcfc4eva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's exactly it, a blog ISN'T all I want on the site. Thanks for your input anyway, much appreciated.