1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

In need an eBook written.

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by yutewa00, Dec 13, 2007.

I need an eBook written. It will be about beach weddings. I would need to be well written but not so expensive. Can you recommend any good writers ? My budget is max $100. Can I get good eBook with that budget ?

yutewa00, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  2. vabeaty

vabeaty Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would depend on how many words you want in the e-book, and whether or not you expect the writer to include pictures and things of that nature.
    I'm not really sure as I've never done an e-book, so someone else may have better advice. I'm sure you can get someone to do it for $100, but if you need a high word count, I'm not sure that you can get someone to do it well.

vabeaty, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  3. yutewa00

yutewa00 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just what I thought. Even if I get a deal for $0.010/word 10k words is not really a lot for a book. I would pay $0.020 if there would be a big difference in quality but I'm not sure that it is.

4. The Emirates Gallastico

The Emirates Gallastico Banned

Best Answers:
    Is this a joke? Professional eBook writers will never write you an eBook at $0.01 a word; good luck finding someone ;)

The Emirates Gallastico, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  5. vabeaty

Best Answers:
    Have you though about writing it yourself? Or, if you don't write, then you could just have someone write up the content, and do any pics or urls yourself. Still though, to get good quality content you may have to up your per word charge a bit. Personally, I just charge 4 cents per word, but I'm fairly new to content writing and although am established some, I feel more comfortable raising my rates periodically rather than starting out at a much higher rate. Well established writers will probably charge much more.

vabeaty, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  6. yutewa00

yutewa00 Peon

Best Answers:
    I buy articles all the time for $0.02 per word. And they are not bad at all. Why should I pay more for ebook ? It's better then to order articles and summed it into ebook.

7. AmaNicole

AmaNicole Guest

Best Answers:
    Either way, this should be in the content creation subforum.

And you can pay someone $0.02/word, but that's exactly the value of the writing you'll get in return. Then it'll cost you more in the long run when you have to hire someone else to edit, proofread and basically re-write it.

Amanda.

AmaNicole, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  8. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k Member

Best Answers:
    I think You should add pictures to Your ebook.

Hurbel2k, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  9. sellerscentral

sellerscentral Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah i bought articles from someone at $.02 word.
    The minute i asked for an ebook he tried charging $.15 per word

sellerscentral, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  10. vabeaty

Best Answers:
    I've never done an ebook. Is the writing terribly different? I mean, I have read them alot, but I didn't realize it was more difficult to write them than it is to simply write content. Unless, of course the difficulty is in the format, layout, etc.

vabeaty, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  11. The Emirates Gallastico

The Emirates Gallastico Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, focusing on one topic, even for 2000 words can be a tiresome task - and with a professional eBook writer, you're guaranteed the minimal amount of fluff possible, and thus a better eBook.

I charge $0.1 - $0.2 a word when writing mine; writers who have been around longer (I'm 16) and with more experience probably charge double that :)

The Emirates Gallastico, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  12. wragge11

wragge11 Guest

Best Answers:
    From most of the eBook's I have read a lot of work seem st be done in the formatting of it, and adding images!

wragge11, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  13. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    Because you want to provide your readers with something valuable and well-written.

Writing an ebook takes more time and effort than writing an article. If you think it's so easy that a writer can't be properly compensated, then why aren't you writing it yourself?

latoya, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  14. loredan

loredan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    An ebook it's a sum of articles bounded together in most of the cases so I don't see any difference between writing an ebook or writing several articles. Most of the people would try to con you charging expensive fees when they hear of writing an ebook - they already see themselves Agatha Christie, Baudelaire, Shakespeare's...
    When I want an ebook to be written by someone else I usually ask someone to write me several articles (chapters) Once they deliver the articles I spend a while adding photos and writing some phrases which will actually bond the articles together. This way I know I won't pay aberant fees and the quality is very good.
    Let me know if you need a writer...I'm working with some people on DP and I would recommend them

Thanks

loredan, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  15. yutewa00

yutewa00 Peon

Best Answers:
    @loredan
    I'll do same as you.

yutewa00, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  16. hersmart4ever

hersmart4ever Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am OK with your price. I have done an e-book before although it was only under ghost writing. I could send you some samples of my work if you wish. Just PM me. I am also an experienced SEO/web content writer so if we should talk about quality written articles, you won't have any problems with me.

hersmart4ever, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  17. monty2002

monty2002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A proper ebook which will actually make you money will cost you a lot to have someone write. You could hire someone to write the ebook, and a sales letter but a good, high quality writer would charge upwards of $500 for that. The thing is, if you paid that much, you would probably make a lot of sales, but if you paid $100 you may not make any, it's your choice...

I personally would charge about $500 for the full works, site creation, ebook, design etc. But you aren't going to pay that since you want cheap writing, but it will be of lower quality...

monty2002, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  18. Alonski

Alonski Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will do it for $100 if its 10000 words.

Alonski, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  19. yutewa00

yutewa00 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not actually looking to make fortune with selling this ebook. I would just like to have all that my site is talking about in one book so that users can download it and print it out, read it of course. Price ot he book won't be more than 5$ and my site is only a week old with minimal traffic so I can't offer more at the moment.

yutewa00, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  20. smileymarketing

smileymarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

We will be able to write you a quality eBook about beach weddings it will cost a bit more than your budget though, send me a pm if you're interested in details.

Lior Reuveni,
    Smiley Marketing.
    Marketing That Will Put A Smile On Your Face

smileymarketing, Dec 17, 2007 IP