1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

i need some doubts cleared ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kodut, Dec 12, 2007.

I have a domain registered in November , i am going to start a Indian bollywood and celebs forum and website on it
    as it is registered in nov so it has almost zero backlinks
    so my questions are regarding which i am really confused

1. To create backlinks i thinking of buying a mass directory submission service of upto 1000 directories , my doubt is that if i get so many backlinks in short time would serach engines consider it as spam and result me in getting lower serps .If yes , then how much directories should i go first and how many backlinks should i create each month so that google doesnt find it fishy
    2. Next as i will be having a forum also so which one will be more helpful forum.domain.com or domain.com/forum or forum.domain.com having a differnt ip than domain.com will be more rewarding
    3. As i will be using vbulletin as forum software ,would zoints or vbseo be good if yes than which one is better among the two if i can pay for vbseo
    thanks
    waiting for your views

kodut, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  2. akdiver

akdiver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Those submission services never deliver the whole amount. I would use a manual directory submission and would get 100 higher quality ones. This would be more effective.

akdiver, Dec 13, 2007 IP
    kodut likes this.
  3. iitob

iitob Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good to see you're thinking about these questions - many people just jump right in thinking, "1000 Directories!? That's gotta be good!". Here's how I see it:

1. Akdiver is right - these submission services very rarely deliver, and what they do deliver is usually low quality links. Building them so quickly may well put up a red flag with Google and the links you do obtain could be penalized for over-agressive SEO. I'd suggest visiting avivadirectory.com/strongest-directories/ and submitting to the directories listed here. Try staggering submission so you're not getting too many directory links all at once.

Aside from this, explore other link building tactics as directories are not as valuable as they once were. You can explore these forums to pick up some ideas or have a read of SEOmoz.com - they have excellent tips for newbie SEO'ers.

2. For SEO purposes, I'd opt for forum.domain.com as it would provide more keyword relevance than domain.com/forum (that is, if you're using a keyword-rich domain or if people will be searching for your specific forums).

Not to sure on the third one but I'm sure someone around here will be able to help you.

Best of luck!

iitob, Dec 13, 2007 IP
    kodut likes this.
  4. ~ServerPoint~

~ServerPoint~ Banned

Best Answers:
    I think that you shouldn't expect for morer backlinks first time. some of them will come to you in month or more. But I think that it worth to try.

~ServerPoint~, Dec 13, 2007 IP
    kodut likes this.
  5. kodut

kodut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the very useful response but no one replied regarding vbseo or zoints ,

kodut, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  6. thunderbolt007

thunderbolt007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    All the lists are included in terms of SERP ranking...

But the best is when you build a one way links to a quality relevant sites...

thunderbolt007, Dec 13, 2007 IP
    kodut likes this.
  7. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1 . Manual submissions is the key but not those cheaps ones one that really does the job

2 forum.domain.com or domain.com/forum

3 I've heard vbseo is great for vbulletin

w3bmaster, Dec 13, 2007 IP
    kodut likes this.
  8. senaia

senaia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1) Manual submission is good to get noticed by google and picked up. Even if you go with "1000 Directories" as a start, it won't harm you in google because:

A) As other members said, 1000 directory submission is not always fully delivered.

B) Even if delivered 100%. This only means that your website has been submitted for review and its pending. Some directories will approve it today, other directories might approve it a month later, other directories might never approve it for whatever reason. Whether the directory is no longer online or maybe the editor is having a bad day and rejecting all links :)

2) From seo point of view, I would go with forum.domain.com

3) I have seen big forums use vbseo so I would recommaned it, if you can afford it. Never heard of zoints so I can't comment on it.

Pssst....Pm me the site url when its up online and I will get you listed in 10 directories for free ;)

Good Luck :)

senaia, Dec 13, 2007 IP
    kodut likes this.
  9. kodut

kodut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    finally thanks to all so i assume i will have to go slow on link building by directories like 100 quality first month then forum.domain.com will be good for seo
    thanks

kodut, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  10. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if you submit 1000 directories in one day, google will not consider you as a spammer because google will find all of the backlinks nearly 1 month . sitename.com/forum is a better alternative for better seo and i think using pbpbb3 will be a better forum software. it can give you MORE than vbulletin and it's also FREE

trichnosis, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  11. thunderbolt007

thunderbolt007 Active Member

Best Answers:

i agree since almost directories takes time to review sites whether they will be included or not....

thunderbolt007, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  12. overdrive

overdrive Active Member

Best Answers:
    There a a few good services here that submit your site to directories and you are able to see the list before they submit. I use directory submission services that submit your site by hand because I don't have time to do it. You won't ever get hurt from it because you never get approved all in one day and if you did, google would never see them all in the same day, so you are good!

overdrive, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  13. CGlines

CGlines Peon

Best Answers:
    id agree. as far as directory submissions go, do them manually, and do as many as you want/can. you won't have much to worry about.

CGlines, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  14. stephenhacking

stephenhacking Peon

Best Answers:
    1, Whether or not you get penalized or your links get de-valued depends on how your number of backlinks change month over month. I dont think submitting to directories will be a major issue as all of the backlinks do not go live at the same time and/or are not indexed at the same time.

2, Having the forum.domain.com is generally better for seo as it gets treated as a seperate entity or domain by google.

3, I'd recommend vbSEO

stephenhacking, Dec 18, 2007 IP