1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

LOL how much is a dollar worth in India?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by killafawk, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm interested in the value and the worth of 40rs. What can it buy that is comparable between the two economies? Such as a common good both share. For five dollars I can buy a complete meal at a fast food restaurant, therefore would said meal in India at the same restaurant be the equivalent of 5 Dollars? As in 200rs? You see, by knowing the difference of the currency in as far as what it can buy it makes investments into that currency logical. If the currency is off the mark from the exchange rate, you could in theory buy many things at a lesser price by just changing the currency you use and then invest. Or you could hold on to that currency if the exchange rates change (lets say if the 1-40 becomes 1-20, thereby doubling the value which you had in said currency, however if it happens because your own currency weakens there will be no difference) After all, if it happens in a way where it takes 10 instead of 5 to buy the meal, then there really is no significant change.

I think I lost myself somewhere in there, but in any case, what does it cost for a Mac n' fries at an Indian McD's? Also how much is a liter of petrol there?

Jackuul, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  2. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have a great sense of humor, laughing at people who do work for me isn't something that tickles it.

I'm done with this thread, it's pretty clear that you don't understand.

checksum, Dec 12, 2007 IP
    Notting likes this.
  3. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    theres the door thanks!

killafawk, Dec 12, 2007 IP
    Notting likes this.
  4. satyrion

satyrion Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah hehe same here the minimum transfers i want are 2,5 USD because if less paypal takes all the money lol

satyrion, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  5. daones

daones Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im hoping the USD goes back up.. Its now pretty low. Before it cost me $160 for 5000 baht now its about $170.

daones, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  6. contactpro

contactpro Peon

Best Answers:
    every cent is out of ur pocket, so he might have earned that via hard work :p
    dollar is around rs.40 so you have to pay him back the amount u owe him :p

but I guess paypal wud have deducted more than that :lol:

contactpro, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  7. mfashraf

mfashraf Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol.. 75cents in indonesia is around rp6000+

you can get a breakfast with that ^^

mfashraf, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  8. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    With the economy in India booming and the Indian rupee appreciating against the dollar, the value of One dollar or 0.75 dollar may be little from a westerner point of view. But why do you worry? Just pay him for his work and let him decide what ever he does with that 0.75$. Racial or sarcastic comments may be avoided.

dairyman, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  9. azharcs

azharcs Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the big deal, I see no racist angle in this thread. I am an Indian, I see nothing insulting in this thread.
    Here i don't say 75 cents is less or nothing. With 75 cents, i can buy myself a modest breakfast or lunch.
    So it is important, but that doesn't mean i would report someone if he doesn't pay or forgot to pay me.
    I would rather skip lunch.
    Please avoid creating a revolution, some upcoming Indians.
    You will never become the next superpower by doing services. The only way to become a superpower is to create something, not by supporting something. :)

azharcs, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  10. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem is your attitude. You don't get it. It's not the money but the fact that you promised to pay. He provided a service and you had not payed him.

rmartish, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  11. esrun

esrun Banned

Best Answers:
    Wow talk about over the top "political correctness". As the guy has already said, India is not a race so it's not racist. The bottom line is that India is (or rather was, not so much now days) a documented source of cheap workers which is why so many insurance and other financial businesses in the UK outsourced their call centres to India.

As for it being wrong for "not paying the guy", it seems more like the guy was having a hernia over nothing. Anyone who expects payment instantly obviously doesn't know much about business. As this guy already said, there are priorities, different time zones, communication time etc to take into account.

I think you all need to pull your heads out from down there and smell the coffee before you start spouting on about discrimination.

I completely agree that if you do work you should be paid for it but I think people need a little patience also. My gas company provide me with a service/product but they don't come busting down my door the second after the bill has been sent!

esrun, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  12. jdprgm

jdprgm Peon

Best Answers:
    I also always wondered this. Does anybody have an answer?

jdprgm, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  13. The Emirates Gallastico

The Emirates Gallastico Banned

Best Answers:
    A meal at McDonalds costs around 40-80RS I think.. that was a while ago though, not sure about now.

The Emirates Gallastico, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  14. mechanix

mechanix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A good meal at McDonald's @ New Delhi will set you back by $3...and I guess fuel ,electronic,cars and real estate prices are high in India even when you convert the rupee into dollar.It's just that human labour in India is still cheap and you can get the menial jobs on the roadside done for next to nothing.!!

mechanix, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  15. design2host

design2host Active Member

Best Answers:
    and i did not find anything racist about the question asked. Genuine. Some people are fuzzy and really nuts to think there was anything racist about that. So All the Racist's Please... NO THERE IS NOTHING RACIST ABOUT THAT QUESTION.

design2host, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  16. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    if everyone thought like that, companies manufacturing small items like cigarettes, nuts, bolts etc would never be profitable.

the rules are simple...

if you buy a product or use a service...you have to pay for it.

your priorities don't matter.

sachin410, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  17. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    first of all your little analogy makes no sense and is not even remotely related. And my priorities do matter seeing is how i have the money ;) .

Point is the guy earned 75 cents and demanded he be paid almost instantly as if i could send payments in my sleep. I sent him 1$ instead of 75 cents for his... "loses" haha....

killafawk, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  18. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If may have needed the money to pay his hosting or renew a domain via paypal in dollars.

bogart, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  19. gult

gult Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, that's great :eek: You are awesome and too generous I must say :rolleyes: It's not the money that matters. But your insulting comments ;)

gult, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  20. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes: oh man, where do you live. i honestly wanna fly to your house and slap you just because your such a boring person, i can tell. You don't get out much do you.

killafawk, Dec 31, 2007 IP