1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Oh Come on!! What The Hell?????

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Avants, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I started this thread about selling a jukebox program - Add Music To your Site I'm obviously SELLING this and people are obviously BUYING this from me. And somebody moves this to the FREEBIE section and gives me an infraction for starting a thread in the wrong section???? What the hell??!!! Just because you have 10,000 posts doesn't mean you get a brain or common sense!!!

No Peace of Mind Anywhere!!

Avants, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  2. Katy

Katy Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    We now move all products that cost a few dollars (and even cents) to Freebies, since people are simply trying to buy iTrader. You are also giving it away for free, so Freebies is the right section for your thread.

Katy, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  3. Avants

Avants Guest

Best Answers:
    More than 7 people have bought this from me and I have never asked for a single itrader. I dont care about itrader. Its about exposure. I get more exposure in Buy and Selll than in the Freebie Section.

And the giving away free for senior members was a way to get good reviews and to get more sales!! It was a humble sales strategy from this simple mind

Avants, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  4. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    $2 or free you say. that counts as freebies.
    anything under $5 is a freebie.

samantha pia, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  5. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    suggestion...

I think it would be better to have a "low price section" separate from freebies.... one in which itrader cannot be exchanged.

freebie section is full of stumble and digg requests and genuine business offers get buried deep in.

sachin410, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  6. Katy

Katy Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    "Freebies" will hopefully be renamed to something else soon.

Katy, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  7. I Neeeeeeeed

I Neeeeeeeed Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah. Delete my post. Exactly proving my point. Really pathetic.

People get treated the same way you treat others. I quoted another lady there. It was Smyrl who said Infractions are given for violating guidelines. What rule did that poor guy break? None! They just gave an infraction because they can. That is called being on powertrip.

And the lady below that said anything under $5 is a freebie! That is one of the most stupid things I have ever heard. $5 is good enough for 1 week in many countries. People need to realize that there are other people in this planet besides them.

I Neeeeeeeed, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  8. Katy

Katy Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I Neeeeeeeed a ban. ;)

Katy, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  9. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    thanx for deleting my post

10. Avants

Avants Guest

Best Answers:
    It is mentally degrading trying to reason with you people. Here is my new thread. If I broke any rules, sure! throw me some infractions and let me know. I will revise it.

Avants, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  11. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    you can say bye bye now, you'll get banned for trying to take the piss out of the mods when they have warned you already

12. Insane Cosmos

Insane Cosmos Guest

Best Answers:
    hehe this is fun

oh really? Why would that be? After reviewing the whole thing with my 2mb intelligence...

1) A guy posts a selling product on BST. He gives free copies to seniors. It made perfect sense to me on a marketing level. How many people here are giving free review copies in hopes of selling more?

2) A mod moves the Selling thread to Freebie section and gives him an infraction for wrong section violation...which is completely wrong. He was selling and it was in BST. :- A mistake made by a mod.

3) He comes here and asks about it.. You all give him your opinions..which really didnt make a lot of sense btw.

4) He improvise his thread to fit in with all your "opinions"...probably just to show how stupid it looks.

So..point it out to me.. what did he do wrong again?
    Seriously, Are you thinking?....at all? :D

It may be very hard for you to believe but it is not just mods who get insulted and have feelings.. believe it or not..we normal people do have feelings and get insulted especially.....When you do Nothing Wrong!!

:D

Insane Cosmos, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  13. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I like the idea, and look forward to the namechange of the freebie board. However, if this is an official rule worthy of getting an infraction for, is it actually listed in the rules someplace?

Qryztufre, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  14. Robert Allen

Robert Allen Peon

Best Answers:
    A product for sale is a product for sale. A product for sale is not a product which is given for free.

Putting threads with '$1 - My eBook' in the freebies section will cause people to be confused, because they will start spamming the thread saying 'Please pm download link'.

To give an infraction for the reasons the thread start stated (assuming that they are true) would not only be unfair, it would be horrifically irritating.

If DP's rules were law, then this is severe corruption.

ROb

Robert Allen, Dec 12, 2007 IP
    Qryztufre and sundaybrew like this.
  15. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I can see both sides of this coin. The mods are trying to put an end to people getting their iTrader rating high quickly, then turning around and scamming someone because of it. I can't tell you how many threads I've seen lately where someone is whining about how they got scammed by someone with 60 iTrader and how they were so "suprised" by it. That person may have 60 iTrader, but 58 of them came for .10 and .50 cent transactions. Don't get me wrong, the mods are not babysitters, but they are applying a simple solution to try and curb the problem a little. People still need to do their research.....

But, on the other hand, I have seen a few instances where a product is for sale for $2, it's moved to Freebies, nobody bothers to actually read the thread and people start to ask for the download link without payment.....

But here's where my true feelings come to play in this: Usually if it's being sold for $2 or less it's most likely something I don't want to buy (nice way of saying it's CRAP), or should really just be given away for free anyways. Chances are you are selling it for such a small price because you know it should be free, but you are just trying to get iTrader out of it. So, I think these threads being moved is a good idea, but of course, there is always going to be exceptions....

Firegirl, Dec 12, 2007 IP
    samantha pia likes this.
  16. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=598675

Only admins can change the name of the freebies forum so the above will have to suffice until an admin has a chance to check things out and make the call.

GuyFromChicago, Dec 12, 2007 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
  17. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you!

That should save others from getting an infraction for things not previously known as "rules" ;)

Qryztufre, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  18. ajsa52

ajsa52 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The problem of inflating iTrader won't be solved that way, because anybody can increase their iTrader with only "Trades".
    Maybe trades should count only 0.1 points or similar,
    Another solution could be adding an option on the iTrader system to include the value of transaction.
    Probably people making the deal don't want their exact transaction value listed.
    But a list of prices range to select could be a good approach:
    $5 - $10
    $10 - $20
    $20 - $50
    $50 - $100
    $100 - $200
    and so on.

ajsa52, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  19. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Should but probably won't:)

ps - $5.01 will earn someone an infraction too;)

GuyFromChicago, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  20. skt

skt Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely agreed.. hehehe mods are kinda funny :p lol..

skt, Dec 12, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.