1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Quality Score

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Comfis, Dec 10, 2007.

Hello! I just now get to know this amazing world of google adwords.

I want to ask whether the quality score of a landing page is determined from CTR and Relevancy of the page, to the keywords? Where can i find which my quality score is?

The CTR of my page is great (8% lets say). The average position is falling from 8th place to 5.7 without changing my bid . Can it continue falling? Is it possible to go to the 2nd place for example, without raising the bid? :O

Plz give your lights to a newbie :)

Comfis, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  2. newb

newb Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it may take some time but you can carry on moving to higher positions. One tip is to look at the quality of your landing page, try to optimise this too.

newb, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  3. Comfis

Comfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes i try hard, but it is already "Great"

so..?

Comfis, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  4. kpraveenkumars

kpraveenkumars Peon

Best Answers:
    Quality score has a status of Good, Poor, Great.....You can view it by customizing columns...

kpraveenkumars, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  5. Comfis

Comfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The score is already great as i said before! Can be improved more? Will my positions continue falling?

Comfis, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  6. CustardMite

CustardMite Peon

Best Answers:
    Your minimum bid can fall to $0.01, £0.01 or 0.01 of whatever your local currency is. There are (in most places, at least) three levels within Great - 0.01, 0.02 and 0.03

But I believe that even within this, your Quality Score can vary. For example, Google might say that a QS of 2.00 + gives a minimum bid of 0.01, a QS of 1.80 - 1.99 gives a minimum bid of 0.02, 1.60 - 1.79 gives a minimum bid of 0.03 etc.

These are invented numbers, but it seems likely to me that the QS itself is a continuous variable, since it's calculated from clickthrough rates, bounce rates, etc.

CustardMite, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  7. winsoar

winsoar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Delete any that are "poor". This will improve your campaign.

After a few days I usually delete any keywords that are doing less than 5% CTR too.

winsoar, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  8. Comfis

Comfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    even though if there are only 100 impressions for the "poor" keywords? dear custard i can't understand what you re saying.

Another question: Can i set which hours of the day should the campaign be active?:O i searched for this but couldn't find anything.

Comfis, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  9. Comfis

Comfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oups just found it (scheduling)

Comfis, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  10. winsoar

winsoar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    delete the poor ones immediately!

you could make new pages optimsed for those keywords if you really want to.

winsoar, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  11. CustardMite

CustardMite Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll try again.

I believe that the Quality Score is a number, and the numbers are grouped together to determine your minimum score. For example, if your Quality Score is anything from 1.60 - 1.79, your minimum bid might be $0.03.

But this doesn't mean that there's no benefit in improving your Quality Score from 1.60 to 1.70.

Assuming that your Ranking Quality Score is similar to your Minimum Bid Quality Score, improving it, even a little bit (and not enough to reduce your minimum bid) would mean that you'd pay less per click (or appear higher in the search results).

12. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    QS is of course determined by relevancy of your ad, especially KEYWORD in the headline of the ad to -- to --> your site.

There are other factors, eg. a targeted site must have good and easy navigation for the user, as well as a privacy_policy, contact us and if possible also "terms of service" <-- this all adds to a good quality score!

Also...the history of your adwords campaign as a whole adds to your CPC, so is CTR (clicktrough rate) on ADGROUP level...and what not not. This means:

If POSSIBLE have as few as possible keywords PER ADGROUP, highly targeted to ad-text. Delete all keywords/adgroups which dont perform well after a week or so to keep overall quality of your whole account high....

In a perfect world you want ONE keyword (with all three match types eg. "myspace" - myspace - [myspace] in ONE adgroup. In reality this is a lot of work - but you can also use external adwords editor to "group" keywords and create more adgroups.

Good books to read are "adwords miracle" and "beating adwords".

Also...check out "placement targeting" which is GREAT, it doesnt need any keywords AT ALL and you can also bid CPC...and you can specify topics to let your ad/banners etc. display only on sites related to the topic!
    HIGHLY, HIGHLY underrated and underestimated!

GeorgR., Dec 12, 2007 IP
    Comfis likes this.
  13. CustardMite

CustardMite Peon

Best Answers:
    Initially, having the keyword in your advert seems to be critical.

But I've found that once the campaign's been running for a while, it becomes less relevant, as Adwords can use the CTR to get a more accurate picture of the advert's relevance.

This is just based on my experiences, but I'd guess if you've got an old campaign somewhere, if you try changing the advert to not have the keyword in, it'll make no difference to your QS.

Of course, the search term is emboldened in the advert, so this may hit your clickthrough rate (though it may allow you to differentiate yourself from the competition).

Comfis likes this.
  14. Comfis

Comfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    tnx so much guys! your info is really valueable! Of course some of your advices, George, is for Content ads. Till now i have traffic from search only!

Green rep to george and Custard

Comfis, Dec 14, 2007 IP