1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

URGENT!! are these images allowed!!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by busman3000, Dec 11, 2007.

i have placed these images in a 2x2 postion. an advert is next to it. is this allowed or not? please tell me quickly as i would not like to get in trouble if it is not allowed.

www.runescapevideo.com

busman3000, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  2. FairyOfLove

FairyOfLove Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes it will be allowed
    As it is well far away from ads ..

But as a safety measure, you can replace them

FairyOfLove, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  3. Suri.CMS

Suri.CMS Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel you may be in trouble especially because the images are animated and dragging some attention.

Suri.CMS, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  4. busman3000

busman3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm. i think i will leave them. They arent that far away from the adverts are they? its like 20 pixels or something. is that alot?

hmm. what if i remove 2 of them? do you think i should just ask google if it is ok? if its not ok will they ban me? or just warn me?

5. Torsten

Torsten Peon

Best Answers:
    What rule could this violate anyway? Since you are not having a pointer there that says "please click", it should be OK;).

Torsten, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  6. busman3000

busman3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm im going to read the tos again.

7. busman3000

busman3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Are any of these what im doing? Its all against TOS

# May not direct user attention to the ads via arrows or other graphical gimmicks
    # May not place misleading images alongside individual ads

8. Torsten

Torsten Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see it doing any of this. That's just relevant images next to a block of adsense. If you want to play sure you can use a block that limits itself to the site, I did do so on mine (see signature).

Torsten, Dec 11, 2007 IP
    busman3000 likes this.
  9. busman3000

busman3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes the images are ingame recordings so i guess they are relevant.

I do not understand what you mean by using a block that limits itself to the site. can you please explain that?

10. Torsten

Torsten Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm talking the adsense block, one can adjust this in the settings, before you create a code.

Torsten, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  11. shenron

shenron Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you have those images there?
    Is there a real reason not to move those to other place?

If not then you should move them or frame the ads or change their background color... That's how I think... it's always better to be safe than sorry.

shenron, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  12. busman3000

busman3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    ok ill make a border :)

13. adcents

adcents Peon

Best Answers:
    It is always better to be safe than sorry with Adsense. The spacing helps your case but I think there are a couple of things that hurt it. The images do not have links. People try to click on the images and when that does not work they click the closest link. This is why Adsense made the policy. It might be ok if you added a different background color behind the ads. When I first when to the page it was there and looked good. You should bring it back to separate the images from the ads. It actually might help you because it makes them stand out. This is just my opinion and doesn't mean much because the only opinion that counts is Adsense.

adcents, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  14. busman3000

busman3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah i re uploaded it but it is going to take up to 10 minutes to come into effect. so if you may, please check back sometime in the next 10 minutes? :D

edit: THE NEW PAGE IS UPLOADED. REFRESH THE OLD ONE.. do you think the bordercolor is okay? or should i make it the same as the bordercolor as the images have?

does it look good with the advert on the left and the images on the right? or the other way around?

15. adcents

adcents Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not see a border color, but the ads are now on the other side of the images. It looked better the other way around and with the lighter background color on the ads. IMHO, you are pushing it with out the background color and having the images on the right. When they are on the right you loose the clean spacing look. You also have ads to close to images on some of your other pages. Go to the top link in the menu on the left. At the bottom there is inadequate space between the images and ads. You need to fix this asap. It is definatelly against the TOS. Put a couple of breaks and give it a background color. You are pushing it with ads close to images especially on multiple pages. I would also make the images scroll down on the left menu. It will draw people to scroll down to your other ads.

adcents, Dec 11, 2007 IP
    busman3000 likes this.
  16. busman3000

busman3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Im sorry, but i think there may be something wrong with your browser? may i ask which one you are using? also maybe you could try cleaning your cache/ deleting your cookies.
    the thumbnails underneath the navigation do scroll. :p

And i have now edited the css file so there is a padding of 20px above and 10px below the leaderboard adverts.
    do you think i should put a light border around all my adverts? or should i make the background a little bit lighter?

OFFTOPIC: W0000000000 i just got a $0.38 click from digitalpoint forums. go digitalpoint!

Oh, and Adcents, i'm sincerely greatful for your help.

ok its changed. i can now see it lighter then the background of the page. i think this is too bright. im going to darken it once.

17. adcents

adcents Peon

Best Answers:
    I cleared my cache and see the changes. I am using Firefox on Ubuntu 7.10. The thumbnails scroll up for me, lol. I would stick with the background and use a lighter color behind the ads. You had a lighter one up for a while and it looked great. You should also increase your spacing on the other pages with the ads at the bottom. If you go to a lighter background on the ads you could probably get away with where they are located. But, it is better to be safe then sorry. I would make those changes and then concentrate on drawing traffic.

Update: I just refreshed again and saw a border around the main page ad. I think it is ugly and would remove it. The lighter color background separated the images from the ads and looked professional.

adcents, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  18. busman3000

busman3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    ok :) you have been extremely helpful my friend. I have never heard of ubuntu before tho :D

Im going to be playing around with my colors and then i will ask google if it is acceptable. if it isnt, hopefully they wont ban me

19. adcents

adcents Peon

Best Answers:
    Ubuntu is great. You should give it a shot. It can run on a LiveCD so you check it out with out having to install. They have free web authoring software and thousands of other free software. They have great support on the ubuntuforums.org.

BTW, On your main page I would leave the bottoms ads with out a background color. They are fine because there are no images close. Remove the border color on the other ad and leave it that background.

Good luck with Adsense!!!

adcents, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  20. busman3000

busman3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    edit: ok i removed the border. lets see what it looks like now.

oh, and on one of my other websites i just had a $0.01 click.

sorry i had to double post im having internet problems and it wont let me edit the post!