1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

All Totals Still at Zero

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by techlh, Dec 21, 2005.

I've been running COOP successfully (I thought) for about a week now. The ads display on my site just fine (8008135.org) and validation seems fine.

However, all my totals, base, weight, etc are at zero. Also, the stats for my ads are all blank.

Something tells me I've missed a step, or I'm just impatient :)

techlh, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  2. tfbpa

tfbpa The....Alive

Best Answers:
    Just register an Google API and fill this in under "Edit Account Settings". Than you will be able to manually "Validate/Calculate Weight Now"

Alternatively you can check how many pages are cached according to the google api, http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/keywords/ and "Track Back Links"

tfbpa, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  3. tfbpa

tfbpa The....Alive

Best Answers:
    Just checked your URL and the google api says no pages are cached. Therefore no weight is given to your site.

Try to point some good links to home + inner pages to have your pages cached, then you will receive weight.

tfbpa, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  4. techlh

techlh Peon

Best Answers:
    Got it, thanks. I've got the API in there already, I've linked the site from others but will continue to do so.

Thanks again!

techlh, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  5. techlh

techlh Peon

Best Answers:
    Nearly two weeks later, still nothing. Someone needs to teach me patience, I guess...

techlh, Jan 2, 2006 IP
  6. techlh

techlh Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm gettng a bit concerned. My weights are still at zero. I validate just fine. I've been serving coop ads for weeks now. I'm indexed at Google. How come my ads won't serve out?

techlh, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  7. techlh

techlh Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone? Shawn? HELP!

techlh, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  8. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, in the Ad-Network your weight depends on the number of indexed pages, as well the PR of your website.

You currently have a PR0. And since all the DP tools (almoust) use the Google API, you have ONE index page.

If you want to see how Google sees your website, trough the API, use this Google API web search. Just search for :

With one indexed page, and PR0, i think this is your problem actually :)

The above are just my 2 cents :)

Cristian Mezei, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  9. techlh

techlh Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, Cristian. Interestingly, a search of site:8008135.org brings up 5 pages of indexed sites.

So what is the point of noobs signing up for this tool. Assuming their site is a PR0 or 1, they'll be serving ads for others for months before they get one of their own ads served. That's the boat I'm in.

I actually tried putting these ads on a PR5 site of mine, but I had gallery running, and it wanted the ads on EVERY single page of my site, which I didn't want to do (in Gallery).

I guess it's just not worth the time any more. Oh, that, and giving lots of people lots of backlinks with nothing in return...

techlh, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  10. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please note that lots of PR0 and insignificant IBL's doesn't help much others too :)

And you should HAVE some weight there. I just showed you some pointers.

I think a more reasonable explanation could be given to you by Shawn.

No. Actually the ads must be placed on every INDEXED page in Google. Not on Every single page of your website :)

Cristian Mezei, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  11. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Even a PR0 site should have some weight, according to an old post by Shawn.

Cyclops, Jan 9, 2006 IP
  12. techlh

techlh Peon

Best Answers:
    Still nothing. This bites. Perhaps I've done something wrong. If so, I'd sure like to know. Shawn, oh Shawn, can you help?

techlh, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  13. ziandra

ziandra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some people manage to get started fine and everything works. Others never get it to work. I have one site I added months ago which has had PR vary from 3 to 5 during that period (according to the digital point tool using the api) and has between 10 and 50 pages in index. Never had any weight. Asked a few times and noone seems to know. The good news is I am showing ads for the rest of the DP community... Think of your efforts as community service and don't worry too much about it.

ziandra, Jan 10, 2006 IP