1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$100 Page Design Contest - Web 2.0 Let Your Creative Juices Run Wild [Pic Included]

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by JoRd, Nov 21, 2007.

1. designfxpro

designfxpro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Hello My fellow DP designers and members. I just want to inquire about something. What shall I do about this, Jord use my artwork on his website www.prisonstruggle.com without even telling me that he wants to use it or he will use it. Actually we agreed on a certain prize and I've done the work but he wants me to vectorize it and I asked for a prize increase, maybe about $10-$15 more from the original prize. I already sent him all the artworks including the scanned sketch and the rendered version on Photoshop and then when he saw that the rendered Photoshop version of the sketch was not satisfactory enough for him then he asked me to vectorize it and make it a litte glossy which will require me to trace and render the sketch in illustrator, which as we all know requires additional time on my part.

I know that he has the right not to pay me on what I did but all I am asking is for him to remove it on his site. I really want to finish this for him now on the agreed price without the increase that I am asking before so that he can have the full right on the image.

Jord, I really don't want to do this. I just want my artwork to be on its rightfull owner. I am sorry mate.

To the designer who render this (I know who you are), I am giving you the benefit of the doubt. I really do hope that you don't know that this is my artwork before you agree to do it. I just want a public apology from you (I know that you know who you are). You are a good designer and you gained my respect because of that but doing this to me is not fair mate. All I am asking from you is to admit that you did this for Jord.

I am fair and square when it comes to concept development and I know many of us are doing their best to provide an original concept to their customers and to all CH, so please let's make DP a better website for all designers to compete and make a better living. Not like this.

I will really appreciate any advice or opinion that I can get from my fellow designers and fellow DP members.

You can view the image to Jords website (www.prisonstruggle.com) . I also attached the original sketch and rendered photoshop version of the image here. :(

Attached Files:

designfxpro, Dec 8, 2007 IP
    mattaw101 likes this.
  2. ZomaZoma

ZomaZoma Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    "mioo" ..... nice design!

ZomaZoma, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  3. jward

jward Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you did not receive the complete price agreed upon for the image, then copyright is still owned by you.

jward, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  4. coolwanz

coolwanz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The design work is rightfully yours unless someone have legitimately purchased that design/rights which I perceived did not happen. For someone to retrace, redraw, modify, use an original design work you have created without your consent is amerciable and illegal. You have every right to come after your design as this is your original work and the full rights are reserved under you.

coolwanz, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  5. designfxpro

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Thanks jward and coolwanz. Really appreciate your opinion. I also believe I own it. I just hope Jord or the designer who did that will do something about this. :)

6. JoRd

JoRd Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ive said all what ive wanted to say to you DesignFX via pm etc.

I wont be drawn into a public argument in this thread.

Jordan

JoRd, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  7. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Man, it doesn't work like that, I dunno how you think it does?

If I traced a picture of mickey mouse and coloured in a different way, is that my own work to use how I would like? Absolutely not. I'd have lawyers suing my ass off immediately. The sketch of the prisoner might not be in the same league, but the copyright still very much belongs to DesignFXPro.

The member that provided you with that sketch, drew it from his own brain, with his own tools, in his own time and it wouldn't exist without him. So how in all hell are you thinking it's 100% fine to simply cut him out of the deal? Very unprofessional, by any standard.

The best solution would have been to pay for the sketch then pay to have it coloured. Simple.

DaveyBoy, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  8. designfxpro

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    I hate arguments and I really hate people who cheats but I am not judge mental though. Telling here that I want an additional $40 will be the best escape but come to think of it please take a look at my drawing and the one posted on your site (Why will I ask that kind of price increase if that's almost the same price that I charge for this kind of work. You can ask my customers) . Redraw or just trace it??? Anyway, I am not after the money. I just want you to remove it from your site. If you still believes that you still have the right to use it on your site, I dare to challenge the designer who did this to post his work here or send the HIGH RESOLUTION SCANNED VERSION of the sketch that he made. This kind of action can not be avoided. I told you, I just want that artwork to be on its rightful owner...

Regarding the extra $40, our agreed price I think was 30 or 35 and then I will ask for an addional $40???wow!!! who will do such pricing like that? but anyway, if that's what you think I've told you then I can not change it. I will be waiting for the posted design from the designer who did this for you. I just hope it doesn't look like my sketch at all because that will be a rip off then.

To my fellow designers and members. I am really sorry to post this here but I hope you understand that this is the lease that a man can do when his work was used/rip off without his consent. You just judge how the designer who did that for Jord redraw it (which obviously look exactly the same as my concept sketch).

9. designfxpro

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Thanks Daveyboy... I really appreciate it.

10. weblazer

weblazer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Nice point daveyboy!!! this is a very clear example of copyright violation and the designer(a _ i _ s _ o _ _ l e s) should explain his side about this. REDRAW? how about the concept? Im not a very good designer but i make sure that all my designs are original.

What can you say neilparnham and wasted?

weblazer, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  11. Jahid

Jahid Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey! i saw the image from jord's website and designfxpro's sketch, it's obviously very similar! To Jord: redrawing it doesn't mean you can own the rights, and the serious issue here is the "idea" that you stole from DesignFXpro, that's the hardest part in drawing / designing! You know it's just a copied version of designfxpro's sketch and still you accepted his artwork. What Daveyboy stated is absolutely right, i agree to that.
    Well at least there will be a lot of visitors on your website via this thread, forums, blogs etc.
    Goodluck, you need it!
    :)

Jahid, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  12. designfxpro

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Thanks for the support weblazer and Jahid. I really appreciate it guys.

13. designfxpro

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    I tried to talk to you on PM and you just did what you did before. You didn't reply to me the moment I've told you that I am willing to do and finish what I've started so that I can transfer all the rights to you but just like what I've told previously, you choose not to reply. This can not be avoided. I am trying to be fair and square. Not replying to me when you received the concept that I've did was tolerable but using it without me knowing is a different issue and the sad thing is you even insist that it's 100% original work of the designer who re-did that for you. Which he meaning of 100% original in layman's term is "YOUR OWN IDEA".:(

I hope somebody here can help me take action on such thing. Thanks....

14. biatch

biatch Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    the biatch is here.
    No offense... but shame on you, JORD. This issue will haunt you forever...
    I will never join your contest, It might happen to me too! You dont have respect to our concept.

biatch, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  15. jasoncdu

jasoncdu Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Haha, hey "biatch" - who are you really? I bet you're one of the top designers on this forum..?

jasoncdu, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  16. designfxpro

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    hmmm...there's no action from JORD or ARIESTOTELES who did the exact copy of my work without my permission...it seems that both of you really believe that this is your work...that's great you just prove to everybody that your principles are out track...I can not do anything about this anymore but I just hope a moderator here from DP can see this and help me with this situation...ARIES! if this is your work then prove it!!! I gave you to many chances to redeem yourself but it seems your putting a blind eye on this!!!!

designfxpro, Dec 9, 2007 IP
  17. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Both jord and aries are reading the thread so maybe they will clear up this whole mess! Not nice to see it at all :(

DaveyBoy, Dec 9, 2007 IP
  18. Ariestoteles

Ariestoteles Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm here...!

Ok, let me make clear.. look like jord set me up!
    I'will never do what you think designfxpro..

Jord give me banner design project, and as usual i take that project with normal rate and normal times...
    After this project done, jord ask me to clean up his mascot ( as his said, he have mascot and need little bit brightess or someting)...

Of course i do that, i count it as bonus work.. not the main project he gave me..
    And than he send me " ready to use mascot"... and only need little bit color correction.
    Yes i do re Vector the mascot, it's my standar job.. because hard to edit that mascot without vectorized first.

The point is :

1. I don't know if that mascot is " unclear" project etc...
    2. What i'm doing is Minor EDITING, and NOT REDESIGN or REMAKE or steal Idea
    3. I'm not state that the mascot is my design, my idea, or my work ( ask Jord how much he pay for minor Mascot Editing). U know how much i take for mascot design.

For Jord :
    It's bad for me man... i do this job with all my attention, and this is very unacceptable for me.
    You have to pay who ever make that mascot.

Ariestoteles, Dec 9, 2007 IP
    waxingpoetic likes this.
  19. designfxpro

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    It's good to hear from you aries...thanks for the reply man. I know that you will notice this so please help me tell JOrd to remove that image from his site because it will make me look that I am cheating my customers because this is included on my portfolio and definitely Jord has no right to use it since he didn't pay me a dime...Like what I've told on my previous posting, i just want to hear from you and it's a good thing that you admit it. so based on your reasons it seems that Jord is totally lying...I accept your reasons and I know you will take actions on this...so please help me to get back my full rights on my artwork...thank you very much mate...I got what i asked from you and you are cleared on this case...I really appreciate it... I apologize if I've offended you. I just really want this whole thin to be settled and Jord told me something that make it seems that you copied my artwork which is a very bad reason for him to tell...

Thanks again mate..I hope you can help me with this and Daveyboy...I really appreciate all your effort to help me with this..please add me to your MSN or Yahoo contacts so we can share ideas sometime....Thanks to both of you.

designfxpro, Dec 9, 2007 IP
  20. josh117

josh117 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have been a member of the digialpoint forums for a very short period of time and i thought that this community was very delightful to be in. I then came accorss this thread and Jord let me tell you something, you are a disgrace. You either pay the designer for his/her work or you don't use it at all. Those are your options. You cannot simply just get a designer to design a logo/mascot for your site and then steal it without paying, thats just damn right disgraceful and shamefull. You make me sick. Sorry for my english.
    Peace.

josh117, Dec 10, 2007 IP