1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Answers help?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by SarahLee, Dec 8, 2007.

Everytime I make a Yahoo Answers profile, whether I answer questions or not, my account gets deleted. Could it be because with a previous account I got suspended, and I have an ip ban? What can I do to use Yahoo Answers again? I switched computers, but I still got suspended. I was using the same modem though. Would that have something to do with it? :confused:

SarahLee, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  2. yankoka13

yankoka13 Guest

Best Answers:
    maybe it is inappropriate?

yankoka13, Dec 9, 2007 IP
  3. SarahLee

SarahLee Banned

Best Answers:
    Do you mean my answers? They aren't inappropriate. I could post the most 'appropriate' answer and my account would be suspended. :/

SarahLee, Dec 9, 2007 IP
  4. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

Best Answers:
    When posting in yahoo answers how do I hide my tracking code and make it display something else?

bigdad, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  5. silveraden

silveraden Banned

Best Answers:
    Very strange problem...

silveraden, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  6. Adulu

Adulu Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo answer are so strict currently.
    if you listed your site links, they will doubt it's your site and suspend you

Adulu, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  7. kharen

kharen Banned

Best Answers:
    so when answering.. try to have the appropriate answer in the question....

kharen, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  8. ArmaanMagic

ArmaanMagic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo Answer wants you make their content, do not post your own link for traffic.
    That's why they are suspending account now a days.
    It's strange , but it's true!

ArmaanMagic, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  9. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    I've experienced a increased number of bannings myself, instead of getting out 100+ posts over a few days I'm caught after 3rd post and banned in 5 min; might try a proxy or may just drop it.

Gallito, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  10. xdhirax

xdhirax Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm still getting posts and accounts staying up.....

xdhirax, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  11. mbrown

mbrown Peon

Best Answers:
    With Yahoo answers try not to post links out side the resource box. Also make 100% sure that your post is on topic or they will start throwing out warnings. I think you get 2 and then get deleted. Its really a pain in the ass, but worth it as you can generate good customers from their forum.

mbrown, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  12. punn3301

punn3301 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo Answers is really tightening things up....pretty stupid if you ask me.

Apparently they are upset about SPAM, which I understand, but they are going about fixing it the wrong way.

Instead of actually moderating the SPAM they seem to just be deleting and suspending anything that has a link to another site.

I really don't understand the thought process.

I realize they don't want SPAM, but what is so WRONG about putting a link to your own website in an answer, especially when it answers a question.

Basically Yahoo Answers works like a human generated search engine to some extent.

Now Yahoo is throwing out the bath with the bathwater....sorry but that's a dumb move.

Yes, marketers and webmasters like myself use Yahoo Answers to drive traffic to our sites, but in exchange we give up time to answer questions. Seems like a fair trade off.

Now Yahoo apparently just wants people to answer questions for FREE.

No they weren't actually PAYING people before, but the exchange of good content for a link was a trade many people were willing to make.

This is NOT a smart move by Yahoo in my opinion.

Does Yahoo really not understand how the internet works????

If I have a BLOG and take time out to answer questions on YAhoo Answers - what is so wrong with linking to my BLOG? They use nofollow anyway, so I don't get any kind of link juice, just a little bit of traffic if someone says - "hey this guy knows what he's talking about....why don't I check out his website?"

Isn't that what the internet is built on?

Dumb strategy by Yahoo....I understand trying to limit the blatant spam, but if I answer some questions on golf....what the frick is so wrong with putting a link to my golf website or blog as well?

I'm sure alot of people will just start going to other answer sites and Yahoo will lose the millions of words of free content they were getting.......seems like a smart move....:mad:

punn3301, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  13. dixirdotcom

dixirdotcom Banned

Best Answers:
    Maybe you're getting banned because you're trying to promote your site or content that contradicts yahoo's terms and agreements. If you tried to login with your banned account and then made a new one immediately it's possible they have a little robot that checks for this an automatically deletes you. Your best bet is to contact yahoo answers directly....that is if they have contact info.+

dixirdotcom, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  14. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Answering yahoo questions with out leaving your url will not serve any purpose. If you are banned because of the url, try not answering the question at all.

dairyman, Jan 15, 2008 IP