1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banners

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by ProgMania, Dec 9, 2007.

Is it legal to create a banner with google and yahoo logos in it ?

ProgMania, Dec 9, 2007 IP
  2. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on the use I guess. If you are promoting something that Yahoo or Google is selling such as a Google Adwords account signup or YSM signup, then I would think it would be okay. However, you must get prior approval from them first.

If it is in the case of something like Google Payload, then I would seriously doubt they would permit it.

Google/Yahoo's logos are registered trademarks of the respective companies. Use of their logo without their permission is most likely a violation of that trademark.

Your best option is to just explain to them what you are doing and get permission from the first. If you do it without their permission then you are likely to get a cease and desist letter from their lawyers.

Hope that helps. BTW I am no expert in business law or trademar law, so you would really want to seek the advice of an attourney that has knowledge in that area.

Hope that helps.

jjpmarketing, Dec 9, 2007 IP
    ProgMania likes this.
  3. ProgMania

ProgMania Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks ! :) Rep added

ProgMania, Dec 9, 2007 IP
  4. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the Rep. Glad I could help. :D

jjpmarketing, Dec 9, 2007 IP
  5. mattaw101

mattaw101 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, you should for sure go and contact both companies and outline what you will use their logos for. then get written consent for the use of the images. if you don't you may be okay or you may be not, as quoted, it depends for what for. but if I were you i'd play it on the safe side and just contact the companies and get permission. If its something thats okay (your image use would be fine anyways) then its not a problem, but if its something that they would object to you get to find out then instead of in a cease and desist message :D

mattaw101, Dec 9, 2007 IP