1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain transfer question

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by alexo, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello

can i transfer domain to another registrar, if expiration date for that domain is less than 1 month ?

i know, that u cann't tranfser, if u registered less than 3 months ago ,but don't know anything about expiration date :-=)

alexo, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  2. netPH

netPH Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. You are able to transfer-out a domain if its' 1 month before a domain expires (gTLD).

Once the domain reaches its expiration, domain will undergo a 1 month it will usually move to the REGISTRAR-HOLD or CLIENTHOLD status. Although the domain has technically expired, the owner still is given an opportunity to renew it for at least 30 days (usually).

Under rare circumstances, a domain will not enter the REGISTRAR-HOLD status and will be dropped 1-5 days from its expiration date. Depending on the registrar, a domain name can remain in the REGISTRAR-HOLD status anywhere from 1-45 days, with 30 days being the average.

Once a domain name leaves the REGISTRAR-HOLD status it goes into REDEMPTION PERIOD status, the owner still has the opportunity to renew it for at least 10 days (usually). Depending on the registrar, they will charge an extra fee for the domain restoration.

If a domain name leaves the REDEMPTION-PERIOD status it goes into PENDING DELETE status.

Once a domain goes into PENDING-DELETE status, then domain name will drop, and will become available for registration six days. Under some circumstances, a domain name can drop in 5 days instead of 6.

Please refer to ICANN.org gTLD Life Cycle http://www.icann.org/registrars/gtld-lifecycle.jpg for a better visual inderstanding of how these domain expiration/s works.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

netPH, Dec 8, 2007 IP
    Gregcyber likes this.
  3. alexo

alexo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thank your NetPH

really very usuful information

btw, one of my domains i try to transfer from namecheap to another registrar. Expiration date (+2days-) ~1 month.
    it's very interesting that it seems that tranfer is finished (regarding whois information) but domain is still active in namecheap and get notifications, that i must renew domain.

so what to do ?
    contact namecheap ?

thank you

btw, what about if expiration date is less than 1 month ? f.e. 10 days (enough for tranfer :))

alexo, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  4. Toker

Toker Peon

Best Answers:
    You can't transfer a domain from 1 registrar to another for 60 days after it's
    registered but you can push it to another account the same day in the same registrar.

As far as Transferring a domain that's expiring as long as the Registrar requesting the
    Transfer notifies the Registrar that has it by the expiration date even if
    the transfer takes a few days and the domain expires in the transfer time it's still OK.
    If a Registrar for example 1&1 tell you the transfer has to be requested
    x amt of days before expiration tell them they're full of it and to
    read ICANN's rules to Registrars on transfers..
    :cool:

Toker, Dec 9, 2007 IP
    Gregcyber likes this.
  5. alexo

alexo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thank you Toker for clarification.

alexo, Dec 9, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.