1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the Easiest to Use script for an online shop?

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by ChrisMono, Dec 6, 2007.

Hi
    Basically I want to setup my own online clothes shop. Tried using oscommerce, its an absolute mission adding products!

I basically need a script that
    - can be templated
    - easy to add products
    - easy on the bandwidth
    - supports paypal/NOCHEX
    - pretty secure
    - cheap/free

thanks for any suggestions!

ChrisMono, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  2. albemarle24

albemarle24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal has a nice list of ecommerce software packages on the their site. They also have user forums where users discuss the software they are implementing.

albemarle24, Dec 6, 2007 IP
    ChrisMono likes this.
  3. dannet

dannet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have tested a lot of free scripts and I think that Oscommerce is the better, can be customized easily, high compatibility with paypal, secure, adding products can not be a lot rapid but you have some tools to make it quickly. You can erase the step of the "preview" product (after adding it), and also use external apps connected to the database to manage your products and categories, some of these apps:

Oscpmwin (free)
    Osc Manager (not free)

You can also check other online shops scripts as zen-cart (free), X-Cart (not Free), Crealoaded (bases on oscommerce, not free), Shop-Script (free version and commercial version)...

There are a lot of options, but I prefer Oscommerce, it has a really big community with extra code modifications, and a good forum..

Good luck

dannet, Dec 6, 2007 IP
    ChrisMono likes this.
  4. Nick252

Nick252 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nick252, Dec 6, 2007 IP