1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Simple way to generate simple traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by bbrian017, Dec 5, 2007.

I recently tried a new way (for me) to generate traffic and it worked really well but I must warn it's a little time consuming. I'm not too sure about long term as I'm still in the the middle of practicing this technique.

If you're going to do this you should probably have 'some" spare time on your hands.

Medium: Blogs
    Objective: Post quality comments on Blogs in which allow you to leave a url.
    End Result: Increase in traffic generated from marketing activities

I'm very serious when I say this. Sure forums have their benefits and you can measure large numbers of traffic in a short periods of time. But when leaving Blog comments you get traffic over a longer period of time. (This is just what I noticed plus I'm far from a statistician) I'm still in the beginning of my experiment but to date it's proven true.

At a specific website I own I received an average of 200 hits per day over the last 15 days. I can see that specific domain names are giving me a large % of all traffic generated. But if I look closely the sites in which I blogged and commented at are slowing gaining % but it's taking longer for these blog domains to catch up. Even if forums will always generate more traffic, blog comments are always a good maintain your numbers. (YTD) or (Quarterly)

Even if this doesn't work out, which it probably won't considering I would have to post comments @ 50 ++ blogs to equal DP traffic, I'm still none the less generating more traffic for myself by doing both.

More traffic equals a better community and income if that's your deal.

Cheers

bbrian017

bbrian017, Dec 5, 2007 IP
    Antoledo likes this.
  2. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, but not anything new.

Lpspider, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  3. halchka99

halchka99 Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the info!!

halchka99, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  4. Mysanctuary23

Mysanctuary23 Banned

Best Answers:
    That was nice of you to share it with us even you are still not done
    anyway if you like to generate traffic. Try Trafficg.com it will do
    good to your site, though it's not organic.

Mysanctuary23, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  5. Antoledo

Antoledo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, this is a good technique to get more traffic. Nothing new, but thanks for sharing this with the community.

Antoledo, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  6. mrichards1984

mrichards1984 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    At first this technique use to have a good SEO efect as well.. but since the nofollow tags have come up they aren't effective for generating backlinks..

mrichards1984, Dec 6, 2007 IP
    bbrian017 likes this.
  7. Dvae

Dvae Banned

Best Answers:
    im done with this.

Dvae, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  8. Jason Green

Jason Green Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep it does work - if you comment on the right sites, at the right time in the right way you can drive 100 visitors a month. It is not much but every little helps.

Despite the nofollow it does seem to influence Google rankings - although I can't be 100% sure, but thats my gut feeling on the results I see.

If you are active within a niche you will usually find yourself commenting on other sites anyway.

Jason Green, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  9. man-in-coat

man-in-coat Peon

Best Answers:
    ok thx for informing i will try this

man-in-coat, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  10. urber

urber Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I agreed blog comments really get good free traffic and thanks for the info.

urber, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  11. newzone

newzone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    thank you for any usefull info

newzone, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  12. Scooter

Scooter Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been doing this for a while using the free version of commenthut to find high pr relevant blogs to post to. It's time consuming, but still fits in well with my link building strategy.

Scooter, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  13. bbrian017

bbrian017 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see how that website provides anything to the topic. Was this your idea of spam? The website clearly doesn't allow you to search for blog with high pr :)

You would be lucky not to get banned if you drop pointless url's in topics. If anyone is looking to use this method of marketing www.blogengage.com would be the place to find blogs!

bbrian017, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  14. consumertreehouse

consumertreehouse Guest

Best Answers:
    Blogs have worked great to generate traffic to my site. From what I have found, it doesn't really matter what type of blog I post on. Thanks for the info.

consumertreehouse, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  15. Scooter

Scooter Peon

Best Answers:
    Your 'topic' is about commenting on blogs to get links back to your website, yes or no? the so called pointless link I dropped in the thread was for a site where you can download a piece of software that sits on your desktop and allows you to search for relevant blogs so you can leave relevant comments on them.

It does this by allowing you to add keywords to the application, it then goes off and finds blogs that are relevant to this keyword and returns them to the app. This then allows you to selectivelyadd comments to a blog, just like your topic suggests.

I was not trying to spam your topic, I felt what you suggested to the readers was great, however you didn't tell anyone how they shoud find relevant blogs, that's why I posted. I'm not connected or affiliated in any way with the software I just thought some readers may appreciate the link.

To tell me I'm lucky I don't get banned is ridiculous. I couldn't really care what people use, a piece of free software that finds relevant blogs from across the whole Internet or "your" website that has a limited number of blogs and categories available to choose from. I was trying to help not spam.

Scooter, Dec 6, 2007 IP
    bbrian017 likes this.
  16. bbrian017

Best Answers:
    Cool thanks for explaining this concept to me. To be honest it seriously looked like a spam site lol. but now that I understand what it's for with detailed explanation I might even try it out myself.

Again sorry for jumping the gun on my comment!

Cheers,

bbrian017

17. Scooter

Scooter Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem, I probably should have explained it better in my original post, thanks for the understanding reply. I have found it a usefull bit of software, I'll be checking your site out and using that too.

Scooter, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  18. wrestler

wrestler Guest

Best Answers:
    thanks very much.hope many youngster's should learn alot from it.

wrestler, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  19. kabosht9

kabosht9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did you guys not watch the video on the home page of that so called spam.

kabosht9, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  20. bbrian017

Best Answers:
    kabosht9 we have confirmed it's not spam and I didn't even see the video. Maybe I was missing a plug in from FireFox.

I'm watching the video now tho and it seems to have great potential for this marketing technique!

EDIT: Personally I'm not a big fan of installing unknown applications on my pc :(