1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free Adsense Placement, Color Reviews

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by joey112, Dec 3, 2007.

1. JITU66

JITU66 Banned

Best Answers:
    comment on my placement and tell me how to put adsense inside the post.

JITU66, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  2. macJD

macJD Peon

Best Answers:
    Please take a look at my site (in my signature). I am getting a surprising amount of traffic (given that the site has only been up for a month) but the CTR is abysmal at the moment.

I recently changed the link color of the banner ad you see on the first page. Previously, the title matched the color of the titles on the rest of the site. I changed it a couple of days ago to try and draw a little more attention to the ads.

Do you think that the graphic ads would work better than text ads here?

macJD, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  3. xAlexKimx

xAlexKimx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Advice the link on my signiture please, thanks

xAlexKimx, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  4. Lord_Daksh

Lord_Daksh Banned

Best Answers:
    Ok bro,just have a look at my site..
    Its
    http:// freezonez.blogspot.com

Ok,now i succeeded in placing some vertical banners,but i want to fill the highlighted blank space which you are seeing in this screenshot with some packed contents and vertical referral links of adsense and others....
    So how to do that????????
    There is no option to add PAGE ELEMENT there... I have just got 1.60$ from my Adsense in 9 days,but my niche is very demanding.. What shall i do have atleast 10$ in a day????
    [​IMG]
    This blank vacant space is very long and i want to totally pack it.. so help me..

Lord_Daksh, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  5. shahedny

shahedny Peon

Best Answers:
    can you review this site : cricketflicker com thanks

shahedny, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  6. jakeruston

jakeruston Banned

Best Answers:
    Links in sig :)

jakeruston, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  7. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Well on the homepage you only have one search unit, not using up the 3 allowed content add units is near a crime lol. So use up the 3.

On the other tutorial pages it all good. But it could be even better if you change the small green header towards the top, to a blue color the same as the one used in the titles of the adds. And i like how you have kept the url and text body of the add the same color, that works really well. :)

joey112, Dec 5, 2007 IP
    1 person likes this.
  8. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:

Close to perfect the colors blend really well. Just add the extra add unit. I would probably put it down the bottom left or right hand corner so it doesn't take attention from your other features that are pretty important in luring in repeat visitors for this niche. :)

joey112, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  9. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    I would add a grey search or link unit, directly below the grey toolbar at the top.

Also the key is to make the adds not look like adds. So i would remove the border around the rectangular add unit on the left hand side. And if possible remove the border around the image of batteries etc on the right hand side so both blend well. The adds down the bottom blend really well, thats what you should be aiming for.

Should work well.

:)

joey112, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  10. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Its not bad. See the blue color down the bottom "Free 2 Min Scan". Well use that same color for the blue header of the adsense add. Also make the other links e.g "manual" "changelog" that same blue color. It will blend more easily.

The referral add up the top needs to move to the left of the white "Download" sign, so it can be clearly seen.

Add a large horizontal leaderboard above the "Free 2 min Scan" link down the bottom. should work well.

joey112, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  11. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Well nice niche, and nice blogs, im an Everton fan though lol. And the top ranking everton blog is also a blogspot blog.

You obviously have some experience with this because they layout is very good, the add positioning that is.

for the Man United Videos blog, there is only a couple of problems i see. The red headers in the top left adsense add don't match the red header of the blog. There two different reds and although its something small it sticks out a lot.

Secondly the image add unit in the middle towards the bottom should just be a text add unit. As you can see the image adds have near nothing in relation to your niche, this is going to get a really really low ctr. Whereas as you can see by the text content adds on the top left, there are heaps of text adds that are about the niche.

For the other red devils blog, i would maybe put another content text add, where the link units add is. I think this will perform a lot better. For this add the color blending is quite good.

I would also once again change the content image add, just to a text add (for the add block down the bottom). This should work a treat. These blogs will do well.

joey112, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  12. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Well the aff add up the top makes the adds not blend well. Until you have more content, i would make a smaller rectangular unit up the top and another small one down the bottom. With maybe a small referral add unit up the top right hand side. Make sure the blue throughout the blog is the same color, it appears different to me and this is unattractive for visitors.

Also to implement adsense inside the post. The adsense "button" on the blogspot setting menu i think. Once you are in the adsense feature, the feature down the bottom will say implement adsense units with adds, then you can choose what add to implement and how often for the number of posts to be implemented in. E.G 1 add for every 4 posts. :)

joey112, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  13. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeh i can see it what have a bad ctr. For some reason the title of the adds are blue. And there are different heading colors throughout the blog which go from green, to brown to a lighter green. First you need a standard heading color for the blog. Than make this heading color the same heading color for adsense adds. Having multi colors is the worst thing for adsense.

Then i would add a large rectangular add block on the top left hand side. And then another horizontal leaderboard down the bottom of the page.

And maybe a referral add for firefox in the middle left.

joey112, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  14. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Well first you need some standard colors. So then you can have the adsense unit the same color. otherwise its going to be impossible to blend your adsense units, with a multi colored page.

Then i would add a vertical leaderboard on the right hand side. Some referral adds on the left. And horizontal leaderboard down the bottom. Also make the add block on the left hand side a dark blue to match the blue links throughout the page.

joey112, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  15. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    You have some good adsense positions. All you need to do is change the color of the blogs heading from white to purple. That is the top main heading. This will make a massive impact because all the adds blend well, if this happens. Nice positioning. Nice blog. I think you haven't got a lot of traffic because either your site hasn't been indexed lately or your in a very demanding niche. Also your niche might be smart priced by google, so use a trial period for bidvertiser if that has happened, because often they pay extremely high for the same niche that is smart priced by adsense. :)

joey112, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  16. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Another vertical leaderboard on the left and a horizontal add unit on the bottom should work a treat. Try to make the heading color of the adds, the text body and the url black so it matches the text in the middle of the page. I like the border around the adds on the right, it matches well with the headings of the page. So i would work on some more add units.

joey112, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  17. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    For the Jake Ruston blog. With the adds in each post, make it the darker blue color, being the same as the header and not the lighter blue which you are using during each post. Also put another add unit (vertical add unit) on the right hand side. And add some referrals because they will match up well with your niche.

For the directory well thats nearly perfect, you can't do much more than that for a directory.

However with the general links directory i think the site warrants another add unit, maybe a vertical unit on the right hand side.

For the bid directory i would remove the purple border because it doesn't match the page. Then make the blue header color the same as the header color used below for the categories of links in the directory. Make the url text color the same as the normal add text body color. And remove the purple text below the top header of the site, and make it the same color of the black text used for the text body of the sub-categories of links in the directory.

Hope this doesn't confuse you to much. :)

joey112, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  18. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Keep sending in your sites that you want me to review. Im 100% sure my recommendations will lead to an improvement, well 99.9% sure.

joey112, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  19. conflictuniverse

conflictuniverse Peon

Best Answers:
    conflictuniverse, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  20. Lord_Daksh

Lord_Daksh Banned

Best Answers:
    :cool:
    wow,thanks for your genuine reply and i would surely try to make out something.
    And i would also get Bidvertiser ads very soon ..
    OK thanks broo.
    And can i place 3 ADunits and 3 link units from Adsense in a page???
    Is it against Adsense TOS???

Lord_Daksh, Dec 5, 2007 IP