1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to own Lots and Lots of Website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by santhana, Dec 4, 2007.

Anyone has experince want to share? Is it better to have a lot of site? How to own a lot of site with just a dime of money. and how to marketing and learn money off the sites?

santhana, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  2. add_cents

add_cents Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm on my 2nd site right now.

Basically, what I do is take the money made from the first site and put it into the 2nd site. Now, I'm building up my 2nd site. Once it makes enough money, I'll throw that into a 3rd site.

add_cents, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  3. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i believe that having lot of sites and managing them... is not a good idea... but to have a only website and make it content rich...

this doesn't applies to the different niche websites you want to start... one for health and one for computer... so in some cases one works and in others... multiple works...

infogle, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  4. santhana

santhana Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you both ideas is right.

santhana, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  5. multippt

multippt Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, I prefer working with only one site, and not spread all my work across multiple sites.
    It is possible to own multiple sites starting with $0.00, but it is usually setting up the first site [domain, content, hosting] the most difficult without using any cash at all. Subsequent sites can use money earned from the first site (provided it is more than enough to cover any expenses, if any).

multippt, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  6. ala101

ala101 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    imo having several websites means having several streams of income ;)

ala101, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  7. Kwaku

Kwaku Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you do want lots and lots of websites, I always find it best to have a central management system to manage ads, content and other stuff to the site. If you are using all different scripts (wordpress/phpfox/joomla/vBulletin/...) for all your sites you will go completely insane with that stuff. Just my 2c.

Kwaku, Dec 5, 2007 IP
    Dollar likes this.
  8. jeeplaw

jeeplaw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lots of sites has equated to lots of money for me. And I do use different platforms for my sites. I use whatever fits the topic of the site. If it's a video sharing site, i use a video sharing script. If it's content heavy, i go with either joomla or wordpress. Keeping track of the sites and updating them is not as hard as you think.

passive income is a wonderful thing

jeeplaw, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  9. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    I own quite a few sites.. (not too much). I'd have to say quality over quantity matters in terms of earning revenue through them.

8everything, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  10. Nystul

Nystul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The 1st site is often the most important one - the learning curve is steep. But once you get a hang of it, you can develop quality sites pretty fast, as well as doing decent SEO.

But to me, the important thing is having a flagship site (or a couple!), and leech the sub sites off it. This will create a balance and of course not putting all your eggs into 1 basket.

As for myself, my flagship site is getting steady, thus i am moving to my next 2 projects, while keeping a close watch on the flagship ( content adding, link building ).

Nystul, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  11. busman3000

busman3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    if your starting off dont go buy lots of websites. find a good niche and make a website for it then after you make some money buy another.

busman3000, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  12. bestsoftworks

bestsoftworks Peon

Best Answers:
    Remember the old adage: "It's better to do one thing well than many things not so well."

bestsoftworks, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  13. Asso

Asso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is more axpensive to run multiple sites but it is more profittable, however it depends. If you bring an ingenious idea online you can earn millions fron just one site .

Asso, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  14. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you have your own team is aesy to have a huge number of sites 50+

I don't have more then 10 as i can't handle a higher number

w3bmaster, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  15. santhana

santhana Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I mean I am able to afford those site, but the problem is I have no knowledge to design and run those site. so if I need a lot of site I will pay a lot of money for maintaining it. I am kinda stuck after i thought about you guy idea. Lots and lots of help!

santhana, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  16. rajatgarg

rajatgarg Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer focussing efforts on 1 or 2 websites. Once you make them successful, move on to others or invest more if you think you can make it a million dollar site.

rajat garg

rajatgarg, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  17. rush4rk

rush4rk Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm have a tough time running one site. I mean updating it! dunno how to keep up with others! too many things in the real life ^.^

rush4rk, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  18. NetworkTown.Net

NetworkTown.Net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Owning more sites means you will have to put extra time for that site into it, in the first few months you will have to put a but more effort in making the site, getting traffic ect but at the same time you will need to still be managing your other sites, i can do it so i see no problem why others cant. It also makes more money this way you will also learn alot more with more sites well thats from my experience.

NetworkTown.Net, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  19. slaydragon

slaydragon Banned

Best Answers:
    i do not own many sites, but i guess u can hire a programmer to program a software where u can manage all site in a control panel.

slaydragon, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  20. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To own a lot of sites you either make them yourself, buy them, or get a programmer to design and build them. Quite simple when written in words, but doing it is a different story. I prefer to just have a few sites and so do many others. There is normally more money made by having a few sites that going over the top and putting over 50 low quality ones on the web.

john269, Dec 14, 2007 IP