1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chitika is a FRAUD or NOT

Discussion in 'Chitika' started by Friend, Dec 31, 2005.

?

Chitika is a FRAUD or NOT

1. Yes., Chitika is a Fraud

35 vote(s)
    37.2%
  2. No... Chitika is good

23 vote(s)
    24.5%
  3. I Can't Say

36 vote(s)
    38.3%
  1. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    I guess they take the money and moe to bahamas.. thank god I didn't use the chitika shit!

latehorn, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  2. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Which is somewhat dishonest. A user will think he's making a lot more money than he is, dedicate more ad inventory to Chitika throughout the month, then end up losing revenue from all networks as a result.

You should watch who you are calling an idiot, you aren't so sharp yourself there buddy.

DirtyDog, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  3. tflight

tflight Peon

Best Answers:
    Before I started using Chitika several months ago, I read the terms on their website, FAQs, etc. I found that there are many regions they didn't pay for clicks originating from. I dug through my statistics and figured that traffic from those regions accounted for a certain percentage of my traffic. Therefore I knew what I should expect from the audit and I was correct.

You know, it is funny. I was reading another thread recently (not here) where people were talking about programs they had setup to monitor their own clicks. Those programs reported more clicks than Google was paying them for. The consensus was that Google is using an on the fly program to weed out "bad clicks" from bots, excessive repetitive clicks, etc.

Essentially Chitika is doing the same thing. What is funny is the different perception people took. The people discussing this were bashing on Google for not showing them the difference between the raw clicks and the paid clicks. Chitika shows people the difference and people still bash on them.

So far Chitika has paid me for everything I've earned, so my opinion is they are not a fraud. They have had some communication issues, but if you read their blog, read the FAQs, etc you will keep up with what is going on and know what to expect. I give them some slack because the product is still in beta and they are a company that has probably grown much faster than they anticipated.

Don't put all of your eggs in one basket with a new company who has a product still in beta. Don't rely on such a product to put food on your table either.

Chitika ads are unlike Google or YPN ads. It is not just a matter of picking colors and adding the code. You also need to experiment with keywords. This can take weeks and weeks to thoroughly experiment with. (Tabs too.) I have to shrug and laugh at the people that put the ads up for one week then throw them away saying the CTR was too low.

And it is true that on many sites the ads perform very poorly even with optimization. Sites that focus on specific products tend to do the best. I suspect this is also why there seems to be an increase in the number of sites that apply but are rejected.

People heard lots of stories about making tons of quick money switching to Chitika. Many didn't read up on the service to see if it would work well on their site, didn't read to see the FAQs about traffic from certain countries, and their ads performed poorly. So they call it a Fraud.

tflight, Jan 6, 2006 IP
    kniveswood and sachin410 like this.
  4. gamehouse

gamehouse Guest

Best Answers:
    All whiners can stop using Chitika as of now. More over, Chitika is in beta. I don't understand why people do not understand that.

You got problems with Chitika, no problem, go to adsense, ypn, clicksor and what ever you can get into. But choose wisely this time and do not start whining again about what ever you choose.

Thanks,

Gamehouse

gamehouse, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  5. Skribblez

Skribblez Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For now, I'm staying away from Chitika, and sticking with Adsense :) I think that would be the best thing to do, until Chitikas eminimalls program is finalized and fully completed.

Skribblez, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  6. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't login today. Yesterday I realized that the referral stats were left out.
    Something shady about them thats for sure.

Arnie, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  7. Friend

Friend Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you receive any email from them?

Friend, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  8. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No mail either

Arnie, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  9. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I try to login it seems like that its going to the account (loging you in - please wait) but then all of a sudden goes back to the login. No error message...

Arnie, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  10. Friend

Friend Peon

Best Answers:
    If you receive the error message "Invalid username or Password"
    I think... you are banned....

Otherwise... thats usal problem with chitika..

Friend, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  11. Friend

Friend Peon

Best Answers:
    Friend, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  12. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Still the same - no error message or unknown user etc.. Sent them a mail and got a login for support.
    Chitika is not a deal for me anyway and hasn't generated much. Strange is, when I checked yesterday, the referral account was not updated but my account was. - Its the principals that count.

Arnie, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  13. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seems to be a browser problem or the local IP. I changed the provider and am able to login now.
    Strange that only chitika didn't work, every other login was fine.

Arnie, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  14. strivinglife

strivinglife Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds a lot like a cookie issue, but if you're using the same browser with the different provider ...

Anywho, maybe the real question of this thread should be: Would you recommend Chitika to a friend? It would be interesting to see if the numbers would line up as they have above ...

strivinglife, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  15. eslsociety

eslsociety Active Member

Best Answers:
    For me, Chitika is more of a joke than a fraud.

I was extolling it's virtues a while ago. They've completely lost the plot though. I could do better with clicksor. haha

eslsociety, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  16. Malachim

Malachim Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think they are a fraud, but lately the payouts are so low it's not worth it for me to even consider running their ads

Malachim, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  17. sunchy

sunchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    agree with that :rolleyes:

sunchy, Jan 9, 2006 IP
  18. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As I have mentioned here yesterday I sent them mail and explained about the login problems and got this reply today.

Hello xxxxx,

Upon looking into your login issue I noticed your site was in a non-English language. We do not support sites of this nature. Your application has now been denied for the service. If you have an English based website, please reapply.
    Best Regards,
    Kxxxx
    Chitika Customer Service

Now, my site has always been in English. I was even able to login yesterday after I changed the IP and today I got this answer and they disabled the account. - Pretty outrageous to steal your downline, time and money this way.
    (Are they drunk? or on drugs? - money laundry?)

Arnie, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  19. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    So,this means you have been banned :confused:
    Did u reply mail them?

amitpatel_3001, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  20. Friend

Friend Peon

Best Answers:
    Its funny....
    Somebody says, they are in beta...

I am waiting for JAFAR CALLEY(Chitika Fan)'s reply for this comment....

Friend, Jan 10, 2006 IP