1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do YOU believe in evolution?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by astup1didiot, Oct 29, 2007.

?

Do you believe in evolution?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2007.
  1. Yes

111 vote(s)
    75.5%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    24.5%
  1. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    From my studies it is called adaptation and not evolution. The terminology that some go into microscopically is labor intensive at times and borderline philosophical at best. However, the simplicity of adaptation versus the simplicity of evolution are the main points discussed.

This is where evidence plays a big part. Some say there is proof that evolution has happened and some say that adaptation has happened. Of course, it is 100% subject to interpretation of other people's findings in the past.

But when you bring God into the equation, then it is a simple "no" to your question, according to what the Bible teaches in Genesis 2:7.

Regards,

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  2. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    To accept evolution would be to deny my faith. My faith is not just that i believe in God. Its believing in the scriptures, the prophecies, the holy spirit, Jesus as god in the flesh. The bible tells us God created man. It contains a complete genealogy from Adam to Abraham to Jesus and so on. The bible is specif on the earths age. some say the word for day means a period of years or time. Which is partly true, it can mean that, but, we are talking about God, Would it take millions of years for God to create something? God brings life with a breath. How long does it take you take a breath?

The bible says God created the world in 7 days. And then gives a complete genealogy of the men who inhabited the earth. Jesus was nailed to a cross, a tree, whatever, 2008 years ago. (What an impression he must have made. that we are still talking about him) All in all the bible tells us the earth, the world, and man kind, is around 6000 years old.

Now...Is it possible that age is wrong? Is it possible the bible didn't tell us some things? Well lets look at that. Does it matter how old the earth is? Was Gods message about the age of the earth? No, it is not important, therefore i would conclude that, sure it is possible we are wrong on the age. But....... We are not wrong on evolution. Got created Man. Not a cell. A man.

sb1234, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  3. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    But didn't God create the cell that could of evolved? That is my main point here, maybe both sides of the aisle are approaching things the wrong way.

Side note, how did the book of genisis get written? Who wrote it, I know it was god, but who actually got the vision?

astup1didiot, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  4. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    Not trying to be picky but it was 1974 years ago. He died in 33CE.

Moses wrote the first 5 books of the Bible. He, along with the rest of the writers were inspired by God to write.

5. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    This is God, why would he create a cell first? He controls the weather, he bring the dead to life, he has no limits.

sb1234, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  6. astup1didiot

Best Answers:
    Why create cells to begin with then? These are the questions that if could be answered might solve this great mystery of ours.

7. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    really? I always figured the years started after the death of Christ. Perhaps Ive misunderstood something somewhere BC is before Christ and AD is after the death (what Ive always thought), we are currently in 2007 almost 8 AD or no?

I think they kinda came as a package deal. Look at it like this. If you if you look at a cookie, it seems to be full of crumbs, but it was not made from crumbs it was made from flower milk and eggs. Therefore just because we are made up of cells, does not mean we at one time were one.

A cookie was never a crumb, i like that.

We are the result of a master cheff with just the right ingredients

sb1234, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  8. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    BC or BCE means Before the Common Era. The year 1 is known as 1CE, whereas the year before was known as 1BCE (there is no 0CE "zero CE"). Christ died in 33CE and today we live in 2007CE.

9. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is not teh original meaning of BC and AD. That's what some evolutionists came up with so they could take God out of the yearly system. Look at the orgins again.

worldman, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  10. astup1didiot

Best Answers:
    I guess the "What came first, the chicken or the egg" applies to this theory as well?

11. astup1didiot

Best Answers:
  12. smatts9

smatts9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Was his message about believing in evolution or not? No. He teaches us how to live our lives in a holy way.

Evolution is God's very creative and genius way of having us come about.

You cannot turn a blind eye to science.

smatts9, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  13. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    God breathed life into our nostrils? Thats what it says in the bible, Cells do not have nostrils.The only way to except what you say as true, is to say the bible is not true. You could say it is figurative, but that doesn't quite make since in the given context.

As far as turning a blind eye, there is just as much scientific evidence to disqualify evolution as there is to qualify it. Evolution scientist don't even agree on how evolution works. They all have their own theories. Just like there are many scientist that do not believe in evolution and have their own theories.

sb1234, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  14. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    The terminology in this regard is not pivotal. However, the year Christ died is absolutely pivotal. That was the main point I was making.

Thanks anyway.

15. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    Jesus never said he was God...

'I AM' is just a term for GOD...

Exodus 3:14
    So that means, Jesus just said before Abraham was God, not he was God, which makes more sense than the literal interpretation.

Jesus (pbuh) did not say that to have the eternal life of paradise, man should believe in him as Almighty God or worship him as God, or believe that Jesus would die for his sins. On the contrary he said that the path to salvation was through keeping the commandments. It is indeed a great difference between the words of Jesus Christ and the Church doctrine of salvation through the sacrifice of Jesus.

Aceday, Dec 4, 2007 IP
    Cheap SEO Services likes this.
  16. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Im sorry but too many factors point to the fact that the earth is billions of years old and not 6000. This is redilculous and im a christian. Christianity isnt about ignorance, its about reason. All of science proves that god exists. It doesnt disprove it at all.

For the millionth time, u cant read the book of genesis literally all the way through. It was never meant to be interpreted that way. Intelligent design and eveolution both prove the existence of god, and again when u read that god created a man your trying to interprete the book of genisis literally. Most christians that read the bible and interpret every word literally then must say that dinosaurs cant exists, that carbon dating is wrong and that dinosaurs were planted in the ground by the devil to fool us.

cant we see how ignorant that is. Our god is wayyy beyond our understanding. I mean even scientists are just scratching a tiny surface of what god did and are in awe of it. I believe that god created all, but just maybe we cant fully understand how he did it ? couldnt that be?

Not one scientist can prove or show how life can be created from chaos.
    there is an order in every law of the universe . Who created these laws? could they have just been created out of chance.
    Now can u start to understand how incredible god is?

pingpong123, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  17. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    * Divine Messiah predicted in the Old Testament
    Isaiah 7:14: “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.”1

“Immanuel” literally means: “God with us.” See also Matthew 1:23; Jesus was “God with us.”

* This Messiah would be born a human son, but have a higher nature
    Isaiah 9:6: “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”

This was a radical statement coming from a monotheistic Jewish prophet -- especially calling a human being “Mighty God”; but one that God fulfilled centuries later in Christ.

* A couple hundred years later, but still more than half a millennium before Jesus walked the earth, more was predicted about the Messiah’s divine nature
    Daniel 7:13-14: “There before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven . . . He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.”

“Son of Man” was the primary title Jesus used for Himself -- and this passage shows that this was a clear and strong claim of deity. And in Mark, the earliest of the four Gospels, He also included the unmistakable phrase, “coming on the clouds of heaven” and applied it to Himself (Mark 14:62). His listeners got the point, refused to believe it, and added it to their reasons to try to kill Him.

Jesus is God – His Earthly Ministry

* The baby Jesus worshiped by the Magi
    Matthew 2:11: “On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him.”

Along with being led to the site where Jesus was born, these Magi were apparently informed by God about Jesus’ divine identity, and so they responded appropriately by worshiping Him.

* Jesus accepted worship from His disciples
    Matthew 14:32-33: “And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, ‘Truly you are the Son of God.’”

In a Jewish culture, only the one true God can be worshiped; their actions show that they acknowledged Jesus as being divine. And Jesus didn’t correct them or say, “Don’t you realize that I’m just a mortal prophet? Stop worshiping me!” Rather, He accepted their worship, knowing He really was God in human flesh.

* Jesus’ claim about Himself
    John 8:58-59: "‘I tell you the truth,’ Jesus answered, ‘before Abraham was born, I am!’ At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.”

This is a powerful double claim from Jesus: first, that He pre-existed His human birth and was actually alive and present (as God) before Abraham; second, that His title was “I am” -- which was the same title used for Jehovah God in Exodus 3:14. His listeners again got the point, and picked up stones to execute Him!

* Another of Jesus’ claims of deity
    John 10:30-33: “‘I and the Father are one.’ Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, ‘I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?’ ‘We are not stoning you for any of these,’ replied the Jews, ‘but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.’”

It couldn’t be clearer than it is here: Jesus’ highly educated listeners understood His claim of deity. They only had two possible responses: to humble themselves and bow before Him as the Magi and the disciples had done earlier, or reject His claim and judge Him as a blasphemer. Unfortunately they chose the latter option. But notice that Jesus doesn’t argue with their accusation, because it was accurate. He really was claiming to be God!

* Thomas’ response to the resurrected Jesus
    John 20:27-29: “Then He said to Thomas, ‘Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.’ Thomas said to him, ‘My Lord and my God!’ Then Jesus told him, ‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.’"

This disciple realized, because of Jesus’ resurrection, who Jesus really was -- and humbly worshiped Him and declared His true identity: “My Lord and my God!” Jesus not only accepts this declaration, but blesses all of the disciples -- and all of us today -- who come to the same realization and place of humble worship.

author: allaboutjesuschrist.org
    You really should research the other side, there is plenty of evidence that the dating methods used are flawed and incorrect. To just close your eyes and accept what you have been taught is ignorant. God is not the author of confusion. Genesis is to be taken as literal as possible. If you start deciding, well this is not to be taken literal, but this is. Then you fall in the same boat as most mislead so called christians, that do not know what they are talking about only what they have been falsely taught. The bible is very obvious when it is not to be taken literal.

sb1234, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  18. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    Immanuel is a name that was used long before Jesus, it is quite unfortunate that in the old Jewish culture, people used to be named "Godly" names. This is quite misleading and deceiving to Christians when they try to define the deity of Jesus.

Other hebrew names:
    Elihu = "My God is He"
    Gedaliah = "Yahweh is Great" or "Jehovah is Great"
    Eliadah = "God knows"
    Eliab "God is Father"

Same for 'Mighty God', notice in the bible it says his NAME shall be, not him. Especially since these types of names were common for ordinary people long before Jesus, the problem is modern christians have little understanding of ancient jewish culture.

Does the author of this article have any knowledge of the bible at all??? Son of man is a term used for many others in the bible, it even tells us in the bible not to trust the son of man and that God is not the son of man!

Psalm 146:2-3:
    While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
    Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

Numbers 23:19:
    God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the Son of man...

Matthew 28:9
    "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.

The Greek word used for what the Biblical editors mistranslate as "Worshipped" is 'prosekunesan'. It is derived from 'proskuneo', which literally means bow, crouch, crawl, kneel or prostrate. The same word is used in Mathew 2:11 but translated as 'bowed to the ground'.

This was common for other prophets also, it was just another aspect of Ancient Jewish culture used when greeting highly regarded people....

1 Samuel 24:8
    Then David went out of the cave and called out to Saul, "My lord the king!" When Saul looked behind him, David bowed down and prostrated himself with his face to the ground.

2 Samuel 14:22
    Joab fell with his face to the ground to pay him honor, and he blessed the king. Joab said, "Today your servant knows that he has found favor in your eyes, my lord the king, because the king has granted his servant's request.

Jesus clearly defined who must be religiously worshiped in the Bible:

Matthew 4:9-10
    And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
    Jesus said to him, Away from me, Satan! For it is written: Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.

'I AM' is just a term for GOD, its not literal...

Exodus 3:14
    .....This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'

So Jesus is saying before Abraham was God! Now that makes sense, this is why if Jesus was telling us HE preexisted Abraham, it grammatically wouldn't make sense. The jews did not believe his miracles and were calling him a fake, thats why they attacked him!
    Has the author of this article even read the bible? This is so obviously methaporical, anybody with 1 braincell can realise it, he means one in PURPOSE! Look what he said a bit further on to the disciples...

John 17:20-22
    That ALL of them maybe made ONE. Like thou Father art in me, I in thee, that they may be ONE in us. I in them, they in me, that they may be perfect in ONE.

So according to your blatant deceptive interpretation, christians should not be having a trinity but some 13 gods.

It is often claimed that since Thomas referred to Jesus as "My God, my Lord (John 20:28)," that Jesus was God. An ignorance of the context of the verse and of Christian doctrine prompts this claim. The context of the verse talks about an unbelieving Thomas being surprised when Jesus offers him evidence.
    The exclamation, "My God," on his part was just astonishment. We use such exclamations everyday while talking to people. This doesn't mean that the person we are talking to is God. For example, I see John cutting his wrist with a Rambo knife. I say: "My God, John what are you doing?" Do I mean that John is God? Of course not. Similar is the use of the expression by Thomas. If you go into Jewish or Muslim societies even today, you'll hear people exclaim "My God, my Lord," at every situation which surprises them or causes them anguish or is astonishing.

Aceday, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  19. astup1didiot

Best Answers:
    Wasn't Jesus part of the holy spirit and not actually god himself?

astup1didiot, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  20. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    According to christians he is God himself, the holy spirit is also God and there is also God in heaven but they are all the same God. 3 in 1. Its a fallacy of logic concocted hundreds of years after Jesus died, by the pagan greek council of nicea.

There is not one unequivocal statement for it in the bible, there was one line for it but this has been removed from all recent bibles as it was deemed a fabrication of the church. Also there use to be a line which said he was the begotten son of God, this has had the word begotten removed in all recent bibles a sit was proved a fabrication.

God is one, most supreme and high above the need to die for anyones sins.

He is certainly not a man who prayed, ate, drank and went to the toilet.

Jesus is the son of mary, the messiah, born by miracle birth and a mighty prophet of God.

Aceday, Dec 5, 2007 IP