1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google's voice...how professional does it sound?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by loredan, Dec 4, 2007.

Right...just to clarify the things from begining...I haven't had any website penalized by Moogle so far which probably means that I'm a good christian (better read googlian) so Mr.Moogle (alias Net God) loves me.

Since the story with the penalisation of directories I never understood how the hell AliveDirectory has not only lost their authority status and -2 PR but they don't even appear in the searches for their own name.

The truth is that I still love Alive for its fantastic design, quality and editorial integrity and it really hurts to see it the way it is now...like a boat floating on the net without any target. I know...sad but true...just look at Alive's blog...hasn't been updated since September...I used to check that blog on daily basis...so call me if you want a sort of Alive fan.

Once Mikey has posted the link to Matt Cotts blog a few days back I dared to ask him why the hell did they penalised Alive (simple question -simple answer, right?)

Here is what he said...

"Matt Cutts said...

"Simple question Matt (I expect a simple answer) Why did you penalized AliveDirectory.com ? Have you ever browsed that directory? Ten times more quality than Yahoo directory!"

MLP, I browsed for a couple minutes and noticed that at http://www.alivedirectory.com/submit.php
    they appear to require a reciprocal link with every submission. I haven't seen that many directories that *require* you to link to them when you submit a url."

I thought this is more than funny and had a good laugh but now it really worries me. If the Google Spokesman can reply with such silly things it could only prove their understanding of this matter and the quality of the penalisation process.

So guys...put your pants on and explain to Mr. Cutts what a directory really is as it seems they have no clue what's going on...brrr...scary, isn't it?

Here is the thread in cause just if you like to read the whole story.

[​IMG]

loredan, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  2. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nice loredon. I hadnt kept up with that but posted a new comment.

He claims aviva is penalised as it has a sitewide to apacinc which is bad as it uses an old .org domain! Shocking. Such a crime....

mikey1090, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  3. loredan

loredan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've seen that too...scarry, isn't it?

This should prove once again the quality of the penalisation process...especially when some of this process has been done manually.

I don't want to appear like a psycho but I start believing that this sort of penalisations has been ordered by someone up there. Think at the fact that Alive was in dmoz and one day just disappeared...just like that...
    Probably these directories grew up too fast and too big and they became a problem for someone bigger...just a presumtion...

loredan, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  4. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The explainations are not making much sense. I took off the whole reciprocal option from my submit page anyway. I don't want anyone misconstruing a voluntary reciprocal link as something other than voluntary.

Edit: Frustrating...

swedal, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  5. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    Matt this is one of the stupidest posts I ever seen, even worse than some trolls here at DP LOL

! Ask !, Dec 4, 2007 IP
    paidhosting likes this.
  6. loredan

Best Answers:
    Oooohhh...finally!

Welcome back to the circus! :D

loredan, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  7. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, just could resist, I was laughing so much, but I am gone again more important things to do than to feed the wild life :)

! Ask !, Dec 4, 2007 IP
    dynashox likes this.
  8. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok i am confused who is matt on this thread ?

paidhosting, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  9. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am not surprised. :rolleyes:

maldives, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  10. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    alive directory doesn't require a recp. for all submissions, the option is simply there if you want to

SasaVtec, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  11. loredan

Best Answers:
    I know, Sasa...explain this to Matt Cutts. That was his answer...

loredan, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  12. aspidov

aspidov Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I actually took time to read all of it and what a load of unjustified sh*t.

aspidov, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  13. loredan

Best Answers:
    Isn't it?

Especially when you represent such an institution like Google. Those answers were made on Google's official blog, not a personal blog to represent personal views...

loredan, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  14. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well the thing is this guy have no idea why the sites were penalized and he can't do jack about it. His knowledge is no more than yours or mine because if he did than the answers we get would be clear rather using a fallacy to explain something simple.

If google wanted us to know what their next move is than they'd hire some one smart, but obviously they want to be unpredictable therefore we have an idiot that is leading the way.

Feel free to follow :) or go in your own land and continue your site and have passion for it.

smub, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  15. dargre

dargre Peon

Best Answers:
    That's an example how some mythic HEROES just fly away...
    Wonder if they feel good with it...

dargre, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  16. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    He is the boss of google web spam team. If his little workers decided to penalise half the premium paid directories on the internet, im pretty sure he would know about it. I think hes getting nervous now the owners are popping up demanding explanations and showing the other side to the argument.

mikey1090, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  17. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Authorities will always go after the most organised i find, if your organised then it can un-nerve, many directories are very well organised, often more than other types of sites.

I wouldn't call them trend setters but some directories can show up the lesser types of sites for what they are.

For all the junk talk thats gone on about directories, they still, at the end of the day shine a spotlight on the sites that really need to clean their act up.

A clean directory makes other people and types of sites look bad.

I dont think the search engines give a damn for any money you make as its such a small amount considered to their wealth that it wont even register to them.

To add to this i think their just testing the water too, to see how much they can actually get away with, flexing their muscles a bit and watching what happens in the webmaster world.

pipes, Dec 5, 2007 IP