1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to advertise my blog and get it noticed to generate an income of $1000 and more?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mysticenigma, Dec 3, 2007.

I am currently earning $500 a month in my job and i am hating it. I dont want to continue with this and would like to quit. I have tried google adsense previously and felt it would help. I want to make a min of $1000 or more per month with google adsense. Previously i used to copy the content and paste it in my blog. But now i want to write dedicatedly and would like to earn. What are the different possible ways through which i could advertise my blog? How could i get my blog noticed such that it generates an income of more than $1000 initially and the income flow increases steadily. I dont have money to invest, but only time to spend(incase i quit my job). Please suggest.

Thanks,
    Enigma.

mysticenigma, Dec 3, 2007 IP
    kabosht9 likes this.
  2. jobic

jobic Peon

Best Answers:
    A thousand a month through adsense is a lot in my opinion.
    You'd find it easier to earn that much selling advertising on your blog.

Submit your blog to as many rss feeds you can find and promote the blog through article marketing, squidoo lenses etc

It's not THAT hard to make a thousand a month, it just takes a effort, especially in the beginning.

greetz,
    jobic

jobic, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  3. loyalis

loyalis Peon

Best Answers:
    Between blogs, and squidoo lenses I pulled in over $500 for November. Keep building content over and over and over. Asking specific questions helps too. Instead of asking 'how do i make $1000', go try to make $1,000 and then when you get stuck, ask questions about what you are stuck on. I think you'll find you get a better response that way and everyone learns more :).

loyalis, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  4. buttercup3388

buttercup3388 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, I'm new here but how much is the average to make on adsense in a month?

buttercup3388, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  5. mysticenigma

mysticenigma Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont know much about other ways of earning through a blog. All i was told about was, Adsense and Yahoo Publishing Network. I joined Adsense but i didn't feel it would earn the sum i want. Would you mind letting me know about different ways that i could earn though my blog?

mysticenigma, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  6. mysticenigma

mysticenigma Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah. i've gotta do that. All i lack is time as of now and i would have time if i quit my job. Here in India quitting a job in an MNC with a salary of $500 is considered foolishness. But i want to make a difference and want to be my own boss. The only thing i am worried about is the risk in this. What if i dont earn the sum that is atleast 50% more than my current job. That's the reason why i am collecting a lot of information before i take the step and start with it.

mysticenigma, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  7. yugo

yugo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am now still learning with other guys who have a good experience about this.

yugo, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  8. maxdpadilla_3

maxdpadilla_3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should do it part time until you start getting money, an keep you job in the meantime. I know devoting time to your own business after you come from your job is a little tiresome and time consuming, but it would help you make the job switch you want smoothly. Think about it!

maxdpadilla_3, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  9. kabosht9

kabosht9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try selling related affiliate products and advertising spots. Some banners and text links. Place a donation link. I've heard the buy me a drink donation scripts work well.

Now, go get that money...

kabosht9, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  10. blackstone48

blackstone48 Peon

Best Answers:
    The key is to get many income streams going. You make $200 here, $200 there, and sign up for several affiliate programs.

I have put in 3 years of 60 hour work weeks and have no other job. I make anywhere between $2,000 and $5,000 per month from publishing my own content and not stealing it. I blog. I take real news and put my own spin to it. I publish other well respected people's articles and run an online magazine. I run forums and blogs.

But you can't quit after a year. You have to be in it for the long haul.

blackstone48, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  11. moneyking

moneyking Guest

Best Answers:
    try harder and start small..promote your blog more efficiently. it will be slow in the beginning,but if you continue to put more effort then you will get fruitful result..

moneyking, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  12. MightyMann

MightyMann Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess DP wont punish me for duplicate content. Your $500 job is fine keep it until your are making more then that and is sure to stay that way. Web income is very dynamic, WORK HARD on any thing . Its almost same like moneyking said try harder. I just posted this in other thread"
    I always try to help or give business to some needy and seemingly qualified hardworking, I can say indian. I have tried 3 hindu people so far with pay from $75 month to $200 Month. Jobs of writing new or rewriting articles etc. But they do not at all dedicate or want to dedicate them self for the job.
    hard labor full day in india is $2-3 a day still people cannot find work as labor or not for full month. I Know for some private teachers there earn from $20 to $75 month for all day of hard work. Govt teachers there earn like $200 - $400 and do nothing all day but read newspapers all day. People I hired produced low quality work for day that anyone here can do in 30 - 40 minuets and they will have many off days in month for there other important home or family works.
    They were always very alert and careful not for the work but to get pay right & correct me if few cents less after conversion. I would have gladly paid them more or kept them some more if they were other way around. I was very disappointed. I have a full time JOB too and want to make more then that from web and quit job, like on other thread a indian said he want to quit a $500 month job and make $1000 month of web. I think Point I want to bring is very HARD WORK is a must to succeed either as a individual, employee or owner, and you can trust and rely on only yourself.
    I think everyone advised you correctly in this thread, how many hours a day you can work for some one and what? and you for your self can make $150 easy a month if you WORK HARD."
    I didn't feel it appropriate to write this in that thread but, Now why I tried to hire people, I type very slow but on my JOB I earn $39 per hour. This reply took me about 15-20 min while sipping coffee, any idea how can I work on my site or blog and produce more then $39 an hour. I just want to sit on my computer and enjoy more income then my job.

MightyMann, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  13. drvenom

drvenom Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok once like the other.You are earning 500$ cause thats what potentials you have right now.Look at your posts on DP.You have written a mere 3 posts and directly want to go from $1000 a month.YOu dont get success so easily my friend.I have worked hard really hard and havent yet found some correct and steady income.People dont want to work hard and want an auto pilot income just in their first try.You are tired of google adsense.This shows how lazy are you.People have made money with bloggers and still you dont want to do that.YOU want to earn 1000$ and i bet you dont know anything about SEO,link-baits-copywriting etc etc stuff.Learn all that.You have unlimited resource and writing such lethargic threads wont help.
    MIllions of thread are present right now in DP which can make you XXX$ but you dont want to search them.Thats the attitude which sometimes people follow.NOBODY in this world has time it has to be taken out.Sorry again to make such posts but this just for telling you that nothing's easy and free when you want something best.

drvenom, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  14. kabosht9

kabosht9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hard work or a lot of money up front will get you these requirements. Unless you get lucky of course...

kabosht9, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  15. GreenTeaD

GreenTeaD Peon

Best Answers:
    I make money with Adsense, but I use other sites too!
    They're amazing!

This blog really helped me-->igetmoneyonline.blogspot.com

GreenTeaD, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  16. spanglish

spanglish Peon

Best Answers:
    The most important thing to remember is not to be too reliant on one source of income. For years I was earning comfortable 4 figure sums from Adsense, and the same again from other sources, but suddenly this dropped after my site dropped a couple of places on Google. If you just have one blog, you are taking a risk if this is your only source of income, so get at least 2 or 3 sites established and generating an income before you give up guaranteed income from your job. Sites like Linkreferral are great for promotion and also for getting ideas from other blogs.

spanglish, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  17. waxingpoetic

waxingpoetic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Consider downloading my free e-book. The form is on my blog and the link is in my sig. The book has a lot of info in it about blog promotion and could help you get a jump start in the right direction.

In addition to that, I suggest reading and learning as much as you can right here at DP.

waxingpoetic, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  18. MISsupport

MISsupport Peon

Best Answers:
    If $500 is a lot where you live, then you could do paid reviews. I will publish a series on this soon on my blog. Plus, add your Adsense and other sources, you will get there. Like many, I have many sites/blogs and sources of income.

Add your blog in many directories to get notice.

If you go to my contest blog, I have a contest for bloggers to win free advertisement if you are fast. The strange thing is that people read it but don't take the time to leave a simple comment. I still have 5 footer for the next 5 five and 3 others for a random draw.

MISsupport, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  19. mysticenigma

mysticenigma Peon

Best Answers:
    I first posted this in adsense category and probably recieved an infraction for this.

Anyway, after these many days spending on DP to learn something. I've actually learnt a lot. All i lack is money, time and knowledge i know that these are the three things which everyone needs. When i first posted this thread i had jus 3posts. Most of the time i read posts rather than me myself posting something and that's the reason why even though i spend 3-4hours a day on DP i have a very less reputation. I wanted to earn like others in the DP. I tried blogging which recieved poor response for the work i did and i almost gave it up.

I've had thoughts of starting with affiliate marketing and i had no idea about it. Tried to learn about it but my work doesn't permit me to think much other and i rarely get time to read e-books. But yeah i do keep myself up with DP, but haven't learnt much. Every time i want to try something i read good as well as bad reviews about it. Now i'm seriously afraid of what could happen if i invest money and loose it.

I've seen people commenting that hard work is the only way and i've been working hard. May be i've got to work smart. I know but i haven't found a proper path till now. But yeah i'm really thankful to DP for giving me so much of knowledge.

Anyway i'm sure one day i'll make it too. I'll be one among those posting reviews of how they have earned and how others could earn out of their experience. Thank you all for your help. I'm really in need of more help in suggesting any way that could help me learn or earn thru the internet. If anyone's interested to help, please do PM me.

Thanks,
    Enigma.

mysticenigma, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  20. Lorrilrakest.

Lorrilrakest. Peon

Best Answers:
    Get money from advertising, to do that you need to make your blog popular ... well, by advertising.

Luckily for you, www.onemillionadverts.com is giving away free advert space so sign up there and then hope for the best, really.

Google some SEO stuff, too.

Lorrilrakest., Oct 30, 2009 IP