1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Way old thread bumpage...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mvandemar, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    In the same way that there is a checkbox where you have to acknowledge that you think you are posting in the right forum for new posts, I think that for uber-old threads people who go to reply should have to fill out one or more (depending on how old the thread is) checkboxes, acknowledging that yeah, this thread really, really needs to be bumped. Something like:

x - I acknowledge that this thread hasn't been responded to in over a month, but I do have something to add.
    x - I realize it has been more than 2 months since anyone has posted anything in this thread, but this is actually new information that doesn't warrant a new thread.
    x - Yes, I know it's been 3 months since anyone has looked at this thread, and I know I will annoy some people, but what I have to say is really, really important.

Etc. :p

Maybe then we can avoid the erroneous 6 month bumpage in threads like this:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=363205

-Michael

mvandemar, Dec 3, 2007 IP
    GuyFromChicago likes this.
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    That's up to Shawn but in the meantime just report those posts and we'll close them and/or delete the bump.

Thanks.

GuyFromChicago, Dec 3, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.