1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Could this work?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by bigdad, Dec 2, 2007.

I was thinking of creating a blog with videos of my favorite band. A site completly dedicated to this band. I know it wouldnt be much but could I make any money from a site like this?

I hear of people creating a site with say football videos on it and they say they make $5-10/day?

what else would need to be on a site like this?

bigdad, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If you are passionate about the band, have access to the latest information and clips about them and are authorised to release them (no point making $5 a day and being sued for millions) then it would be good.

Me too sites probably make a bit of money but they lack originality and certainly lack quality.

$5 a day might be nice but I think you'll find you "earn" the money with the effort it takes to build a decent fan site.

sarahk, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  3. KingofKings

KingofKings Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't make it just videos of the band, put alot of written content there.
    Make a news section also.

KingofKings, Dec 2, 2007 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  4. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    These are called music blogs. If it is a popular band, you can get a lot of traffic (and hopefully earnings) from a slew of good content and videos.

I would suggest, if your bandwidth permits, to also submit your individual web pages with videos on them to services such as ProjectPlaylist.com - or something similar. Keep in mind it could put an exponential strain on your webserver, however.

It is more than possible, you just have to have the dedication.

zac439, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  5. richkid

richkid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with KingofKings. Post a lot of content as well and pick up the search engine traffic for the band.

If the band has a forum why not become active there and include your link in your signature?

richkid, Dec 2, 2007 IP