1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long did it take for you to get your first payment?

Discussion in 'Payments' started by froinlaven, Jan 4, 2006.

1. duclelo

duclelo Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck froinlaven. i just got my Adsense account today and i don't know when the first dollar coming in.

duclelo, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  2. sebastianrs

sebastianrs Active Member

Best Answers:
    What's the site you are expecting to earn income thru adsense with? I'd like to make a guess on it ;)

sebastianrs, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  3. janjalani

janjalani Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nope. In wordpress, theres an option there where you can put all the pinging services that you want, and then wordpress will automatically ping them whenever you publish or edit a post.

janjalani, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  4. froinlaven

froinlaven Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I'm on track this month to do a whole lot better! I might even make $7!!!! ;)

froinlaven, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  5. error10

error10 Peon

Best Answers:
    janjalani, pingomatic takes care of most of those for you, so you're pinging them twice. Which is mainly just wasting your time.

Anyway, I first started in November 2004, and got my first check in July 2005, I think.

error10, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  6. pratik

pratik Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it toook me ages... but now m slowly gaining speed...

BTW i took around 3-4 moinths

pratik, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  7. toughguy

toughguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    May be few more months for me..

All the best to u all..

toughguy, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  8. geniosity

geniosity Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, so I have another 2 months before I have to feel really depressed. Except that I shouldn't be judging my blog on the number of AdSense clicks... Got a few more high PR clicks. (PR does stand for Page Rank, right?)

geniosity, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  9. sebastianrs

Best Answers:
    in this case: yes. it may also stand for press release but not in this relation!! :)

sebastianrs, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  10. froinlaven

froinlaven Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, I think if you ping too much (more than just when you update) you might be blacklisted. I read about this somewhere, I think it might have been technorati...

froinlaven, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  11. utahtechjobs.com

utahtechjobs.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not out to get rich off adsense, but FWIW:

I started my account in Oct 2004. I got my first revenue-generating click 22 days later. I thought it would never work. It took about 8 months to get my first $100.

Plus, I was blogging only for me--no audience.

Then, I actually worked on creating content that was valuable AND interesting to others. Splogging doesn't work (don't try it) but using your blog to comment on interesting things does. Reference other works, but add your own to them as well.

Also, actively working to build a rapport with other bloggers I was interested in helped (commenting honestly on their sites--tracking their blogs--sharing ideas). I didn't do it for the links, but they started linking to me.

I also use Wordpress, and I have the Google Sitemaps plugin, which means Google spiders my site very easilly.

But more than that, because I am curious, I watch my blog's stats, see how people visit my site (what keywords they're looking at) then I try and find out what they were looking for. If it's interesting, I blog about it, too. Go ahead and focus on using relevant keyword strings, or something that might be a match to a person using a search engine.

Follow top news stories and comment about them on your blog. Share a quoted piece of the article (again, do NOT copy the whole thing--bad!) on your blog (toward the top of the post) and comment about it.

I have about 200 subscribed readers across my blogs right now. My Adsense account is generating about $2.00 a day now and going up. Again, I am not getting rich, but it is fun to write, fun to share, and fun to get a check from Google every few weeks to spend on nothing important (grin)

Good luck!

utahtechjobs.com, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  12. error10

error10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hm, I think you might have some room for improvement there, utahtechjobs.com :) I have about 250 or so subscribers and making 10 times that amount of money. Maybe time to look into optimizing your ad layouts and things like that. :)

error10, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  13. sebastianrs

Best Answers:
    interesting story! well you blog as a hobby as it seems and you earn a little minor income with that, thats fine. others are living from adsense or advertisements at all and they are strictly on their way to grow and grow :) anyway i like to see someone doing all this as a hobby. me for example, i have to do it, because its my business, my job, and there is no other source than that ...

14. geniosity

geniosity Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe ANOTHER stupid q. but, how can you tell how many people aresubscribed to your blog? Are you talking about your feed? Or have they entered details in a form on your site?

geniosity, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  15. sebastianrs

Best Answers:
    as your blog is hosted by blogspot, and they dont support this feature (or whatever one may want to call this), you cant see those figures.