1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best place to find FreeLance PHP programmers?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by gropius, Nov 9, 2007.

I found ScriptLance here on this forum, while cheap, the work is often shabby as well. And the reviews tend not to be so honest or acurate. Anyone have suggestions, of other online source, that actually work?
    Thanks

gropius, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  2. baris22

baris22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like scriptlance. I still use it. There is elance.com getafreelancer.com getacoder.com

I used all of them. I would say elance is the best one. There are big companies on elance.

baris22, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  3. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Uhm, here? Try the buy/sell/trade forums. Finding programmers here is nice because you can basically get reviews from the same people you talk to on these forums all the time. Scriptlance is terrible.

omgitsfletch, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  4. mmadhikermi

mmadhikermi Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess best site to find the PHP freelancer is www.rentacoder.com.
    Since I am also a freelancer I found Rentacodera best and secure place for both party.

mmadhikermi, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  5. Kidijs

Kidijs Active Member

Best Answers:
    #4 has it ;~) I think that rentacoder's system is that makes it so safe.

Kidijs, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  6. kmap

kmap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hi
    I am a php coder

Regards

Alex

kmap, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  7. gropius

gropius Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips, I have recieved a lot of solicitations, NOT what I am looking for. I am looking for sites with HONEST and TRUE reviews. I like SL system, but just about every job has been a major task on our end. We provide complete NOTES and instructions and the job is never completed as noted, we have to have 5-10 revisions that are always listed on the original notes. SL- reviews are almost all positives there simply is no average reviews. Therefore the reviews have no weight. Is this experience the same for everyone?

gropius, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  8. Kadence

Kadence Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I actually found this thread on Google while researching this same issue (which is best among scriptlance, rentacoder and elance).

The only one I have experience with is scriptlance, and that experience is very limited. But I do find it a bit problematic. Sometimes the people are hard to communicate with, and can be unprofessional. Again, this experience is limited and I'm sure there are great service providers there, and you can experience problems with hires at any site.

But as you cover here, I have also read in a large number of places that the review system is gimmicked - apparently ScriptLance very often reverses negative reviews. I would say their rating system isn't as accurate as a buyer would expect.

Kadence, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  9. Dadniel

Dadniel Guest

Best Answers:
    As a developer --- even I say, "Watch those sites and beware!"

I have heard SO many horror stories from webmasters on their experience through those sites. Most times the price is (overly) inflated, some times the work is never performed and what's more.. finding a GOOD and available developer in those sites is like a crap-shoot, no matter what the reviews!

:)

(imho)

Dadniel, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  10. amf-flt

amf-flt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, avoid the bidding sites. They're just going to waste your time. Instead look to hire someone who is a professional developer, pay them what they're really worth in the real world and be happy you stopped fighting to get quality. I'm sure you can find lots of good programmers in the LA area if you looked locally.

amf-flt, Dec 2, 2007 IP