1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Timestamp feature to the fullest (Wordpress)

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by swapnil90, Dec 1, 2007.

Introduction:

Many of us do get busy at times with new projects and orders and hence get less time to update our blogs regularly which is a very important part of SEO. (regular updates keep the crawlers/bots on their toes).

At such times many of us post many entries at a time forgetting that the crawler will still find the many entries as "one" update. You can just modify this habit a little by using this simple trick included in the Wordpress (wordpress.org) script.

WordPress has a feature which allows you to schedule an article or post to be published at a future date. You can finish writing articles when you have free time and allow them to be posted at a future date when you know you will be busy and won't be able to devote that time to your blog.

Here is how to go about doing it:

1. Go to your Write Post as usual (Admin Area --> Write --> Post/Page)
      ---
    2. Fill in the regular details you usually fill in and type the post
      ---
    3. Now comes the trick - In the right sidebar of the same page, look for "Post Timestamp"
      [​IMG]
      Make sure that the "Edit Timestamp" is checked and put in the date and time you want the post to come up on.
      I have made a Merry Christmas post for 25th of this December coz I know I will be holidaying that day and won't be able to post.
      ---
    4. Hit the "Publish" button and NOT the "Save" Button.

To View your "Scheduled Entries" go to your "Dashboard" and check the right sidebar.
      Example:
      [​IMG]

Hope this helps. :)

swapnil90, Dec 1, 2007 IP
    izeaus and Rolex like this.
  2. Rolex

Rolex Banned

Best Answers:
    Real good one, I never knew we could do this for future dates. This is what you call real webmaster content. Reps added!

Rolex, Dec 1, 2007 IP
    swapnil90 likes this.
  3. izeaus

izeaus Banned

Best Answers:
    I knew it and I do the same thing as well. Well This is for Newbies who are new to the world of Blogging on Internet

izeaus, Dec 1, 2007 IP
    swapnil90 likes this.
  4. swapnil90

swapnil90 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well its really great you know about it :) I have seen many experienced webmasters not knowing about this and hence I made a point to let them know about this through DP :)

swapnil90, Dec 1, 2007 IP
    uttoransen likes this.