1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

why my name???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Taliban, Nov 30, 2007.

1. johncow

johncow Banned

Best Answers:
    you know people go by the things they see and hear.. nobody can be blamed for this since people cannot know what it means in your language.. people are thinking what they have been shown..

johncow, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  2. syd

syd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its your fault you have chosen a controversial name, shouldn't have taken it, respecting others feelings. remember there are fanatics on the other side too.

I think it should be "how it is represented" to the world

that's right.

syd, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  3. dragonflies

dragonflies Guest

Best Answers:
    taliban ---- Let's see you don't understand the concept or reasoning that you are being targeted ? taliban means one thing to US AMERICANS! Terrorist! If you don't know or haven't heard of Sept 11, 2001 do a little research. Or watch CNN. If you don't have TV due to where you are located watch Youtube.com. I think you know what your username means. You must be a complete idiot not to realize that you selected a name that doesn't fit in well with US AMERICANS and most of the world for that matter. Or you are just wanting to show your real colors. You use a username that more or less is a slap in the face to most of us. That's like using the name hitler username and going to a Jewish forum. Notice I didn't capitalize the h or the t.

The word taliban to me means SCUM BAGS! The lowest of low. taliban's can't fight man to man. They hide without uniforms. Use women and children to fight their missions. At least we fight showing our colors and proud of it RED WHITE AND BLUE!!! It takes a real intelligent person to strap a bomb on and kill innocent people. YEA RIGHT !!!! Or Hijack a plane and kill innocent people, Mothers, Fathers, Children and you want to know why you are getting complaints.

You are worried about getting negative feedback. Drive around in this part of the country with a bumper sticker reading Taliban and you won't get far ! That I can promise. Now complain about this post. I don't give a crap. I don't care if I get banned. But when it comes to my Country the USA I'll be damn if I sit back and let someone come on to this forum crying that he just doesn't understand why he is getting negative feedback and or comments WITH hopes of a moderator helping you. taliban's are weak minded scum bags!

I can tell you that the reason talibans use IED (bombs) is because they can't aim. AK47 an elite fighting weapon that if used from a taliban couldn't hit a fly on a bull frogs ass if it was sitting right next to him. I take this personal. Others that might think I'm being offensive then you don't know what it's like to fight in a war or to lose your brothers fighting next to you or hearing the innocent crying. I'm a formal 1st SFOD-D. I take this very personal and to heart.

dragonflies, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  4. astrolynk

astrolynk Peon

Best Answers:
    which country do you live in bro Taliban?

astrolynk, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  5. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Shawn is not gonna answer your PM(s) personally..
    Just make thread in Suggestion and Feedback about it.. and, you must read this Thread before doing so.

Abhik, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  6. GreenGambler

GreenGambler Notable Member

Best Answers:

Thats sounds like a good idea but do word your post very kindly and be very respectful of the rules and also don't complain if it doesn't get changed.. You might open up an even bigger can of worms..

Just have respect, which I hope you now understand why us Americans and other citizens of other countries dislike that name and word.

GreenGambler, Dec 1, 2007 IP
    pipes likes this.
  7. dragonflies

dragonflies Guest

Best Answers:
    Come on people. You don't think he knows what the username means. You know and I know what it means. The whole world knows what it means. I don't respect him - his username or his post. I don't dislike the name. I HATE IT AND THEM ! Don't fall into his trap thinking that he doesn't know what it means. Of course he does. Beleive me when I tell you this becuase I've been all over the middle east. You even mention the word taliban no one is going to point to a school where children are learning. taliban in his Country is a common known name used that means terrorist!

8. GreenGambler

GreenGambler Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are probably right, I'm not going to disagree. But I could never be 100% sure and therefore I try not to say what I am thinking in this situation.. ( I too would probably be banned or saluted, not sure.... F it.. I hate the TALIBAN as the majority of the world know them and wish their ideoligy would die out quickly )

Here is the wikipedia definition incase anyone is confused: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban

Man of man this is a touchy subject, I too have friends who have lost a loved one over in Iraq while he was fighting for our country. I'm sure this thead has given the OP alot of exposure, good or bad.. I just don't know what to say anymore so I will not say anything else..

GreenGambler, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  9. dragonflies

dragonflies Guest

Best Answers:
    His username is very disrepectful. He knows this. He is probably smiling about this forum season and posts. I'm not confused and by no means need a wikipeda to explain to me what taliban means. No offense to you GreenGambler but I have no respect for him.

The Taliban (Pashto: طالبان ṭālibān, also anglicized as Taleban translation: "religious students") is a Sunni Muslim movement [2] that ruled most of Afghanistan from 1996 until 2001, when their leaders were removed from power by a cooperative military effort between the Northern Alliance, United States, Canada, Pakistan, Australia and the United Kingdom. Committed fundamentalist insurgents, often described as "Taliban" in the media, originating[3] in the Frontier Tribal Areas of Pakistan, are currently engaged in a protracted guerrilla war and terrorist campaign against the current government of Afghanistan, Afghan civilians and allied NATO forces.

The Taliban movement was headed by Mullah Mohammed Omar. Beneath Mulla Omar were "a mixture of former small-unit military commanders and Madrasah teachers"[4] and then a rank and file most of whom had studied in Islamic religious schools in Pakistan. The overwhelming majority of Taliban movement were ethnic Pashtuns from southern Afghanistan and western Pakistan, along with a smaller number of volunteers from elsewhere, for example Europe or China. The Taliban received valuable training, supplies and arms from the Pakistani government, particularly the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI)[2], and many recruits from Madrasahs for Afghan refugees in Pakistan, primarily ones established by the Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam JUI.

Now what kind of student did he say he was and used the username becuase he is a student. Give me a flipping break. I'm not fooled .....

10. Taliban

Taliban Peon

Best Answers:
    As i mentioned earlieri i m sorry for using this name and hurting many people...what else can i do ........no the only thing i can ask is to change my username and i have send a PM to the admin (didn't get reply yet)....for people who think i am laughing on this thread or something ,if it was that i never have asked to change my username .........I M SORRY loud and clear.......i hate everyone who is involved in september 11 ......... now i was asking for a change in name......isn't that my right to at least ask....

i have sent PM to admin and waiting for his reply

Taliban, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  11. astrolynk

astrolynk Peon

Best Answers:
    Just start over brother Taliban.
    John Lilly said "there is no mistakes, only correctable errors."
    So please leave this old name behind and start with a name which has a decent meaning.

astrolynk, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  12. submited-dot-net

submited-dot-net Banned

Best Answers:
    I once read something online,and it said your username does matter in forums.I didn't think much of it,but now clearly there is evidence.
    I used mine to my advantage as you can see and from a few posts i get traffic!

submited-dot-net, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  13. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, you go ahead and do that and see how fast your new user name and your old user name gets banned permanently.

bad advice.

sawz, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  14. submited-dot-net

submited-dot-net Banned

Best Answers:
    yeah DO NOT MAKE ANOTHER ACOUNT TALIBAN YOU WILL GET BOTH BANNED!

contact someone with autority/an admin see if in this case you are allowed to get it changed as your post count isn't too big and you are getting abuse

15. scart3r

scart3r Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's a shame that some words have such intensely different meanings - and not good that you have been red repped like that. But like someone suggested (I am too darn slack to look back and see who it was... lol) you should put something in your sig - so that you can educate people in a nice way :)

scart3r, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  16. submited-dot-net

submited-dot-net Banned

Best Answers:
    I say we all give him good rep to help balance it out

17. dragonflies

dragonflies Guest

Best Answers:
    Give him a good rep?? You are kidding right. He states he hates everyone involved in Sept 911 then comes on the forum using a username taliban. 100% DISREPECTFUL ! He knows and I know that you don't have to be an American to know what the word taliban means. DISRESPECTFUL ! taliban's will lie just like they lied on Sept 11 telling everyone on board that it was going to be alright. It was just going to be a hijack incident. Never trust the taliban and never trust someone that uses the name taliban. Of course this is just my opinion but considering I've spent several years over seas fighting I speak from experience. At least us Americans fight wearing our camo and don't hide BEHIND t-shirts, flip flops, jeans and use children and women for cover. Most of the middle east in general have great people that want to live and have a better life. Then you have the taliban. SCUMS!!! I can't even beleive that some even feel bad for this user as if it was just a simple mistake. Everyone knows what the name hitler means. Same applies to taliban.

18. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't be getting negative reps for the name, it shows how little people think for themselves before associating a word with something.

Some people are called jesus, that doesn't mean their taking the micky.

As far as im aware, Hindus sometimes have a connection to the swastika symbol although for them it has a different meaning, it doesn't make a Hindu a nazi.

I chose pipes, that doesn't make me a plumber.

pipes, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  19. dragonflies

dragonflies Guest

Best Answers:
    pipes but right now we are at war with the taliban. So Yea! It does make a big difference coming to this forum using a username taliban. I guess you can make up all the excuses you want for him but please don't bring Jesus into this. I'm certain if someone used the username Jesus we don't think of him being a terrorist that's going to kill some unknown soldier this morning using an IED. Come on pipes be more realistic !!!

20. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    no, you could be a crackhead. :D

i chose sawz because i am a carpenter.

and i find the user name Taliban highly offensive.
    same with the user ~~Hitler~~.

and i'll bet there are plenty of old unused accounts with offensive names as well.

sawz, Dec 1, 2007 IP