1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm stuck setting up mySQL

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by Vic_mackey, Nov 29, 2007.

Okay I'm setting up a CMS script. It says "enter mysql server"

In the setup guide it says this:

I'm not sure what goes here, I've tried the ip number of my host and that didnt work. What should I be putting here? whatever I put I'm getting this error:

thanks

Vic_mackey, Nov 29, 2007 IP
  2. pondlife

pondlife Peon

Best Answers:
    How have you created your MySQL database? Have you set it up via cpanel? ....if so you put in the full name that gets provided at this stage. Most I've seen are 'something'_localhost or similar...

pondlife, Nov 30, 2007 IP
    Vic_mackey likes this.
  3. Vic_mackey

Vic_mackey Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah I tried that, I'm just not sure what setting is wrong. If anyone wants to fix it for me i'll pay $20/paypal, I'm sure its a 5min job if someone knows what they are doing!

thanks

Vic_mackey, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  4. the_red

the_red Peon

Best Answers:
    well, i did face the same thing before. the solution is fill it with "localhost". it settle, then. ** the name of mysql username is "root" if u don't define any name in yr local machine for the mysql.

but, if u are wish to host it on yr server...never ever install it from scratch!! once ago, i did install the cms to my server. based on the manual, i have to do it from scratch. but i was too stubborn. I didn't want to do that... i just dump the sql from the local to my server and host nicely my site (took all the files from local machine). Make sure u change the dbase info that u make in the server!!!! he he..best of luck!!

the_red, Nov 30, 2007 IP
    Vic_mackey likes this.
  5. dman_2007

dman_2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    ok, i'm interested, i can do this for you pm me the details.

dman_2007, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  6. bmhrules

bmhrules Peon

Best Answers:
    localhost or 127.0.0.1.... Take a pick.

bmhrules, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  7. uzairjawed

uzairjawed Active Member

Best Answers:
    i can do this for you
    please pm me the details

uzairjawed, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  8. KaniGT5

KaniGT5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Go into your host cpanel.

Choose MySQL Databases

Create a database, and create a username and password, and then link that username/password TO your database. Make sure you give yourself full rights to the database.

Click on the database (most likely it will open w/ phpMyAdmin) this is just to make sure the connection works.

Now go back to your configuration document.

For Host, please enter "localhost" or "127.0.0.1"

For username and pass, you are going to want to enter the username and password, as well as the database you've just created within your cPanel.

*Note: alot of the time on shared hosts, they have whats called a prefix. So even though you are making your username "test" and your database "test2" , the host might automatically put "host_" in front of your username as well as the mySQL db, NOT the password.

So make sure you double and triple check your MySQL/Configuration settings before proceeding.

KaniGT5, Dec 1, 2007 IP
    Vic_mackey likes this.