1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

For Shawn, digitalpoint for Dummies ebook.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by samantha pia, Nov 27, 2007.

Shawn it has been suggested a few times that i write a digitalpoint for Dummies ebook. I dont mind doing one and i would offer you the chance to proofread it before anyone see's it, if you would like to make any changes, then that would be great.
    i have a few questions.
    #1 cost of the ebook, i am in two minds what to do here, i would like the DP server fund raiser to get all the proceeds of the ebook, so would you mind if i sold it for $2 and they just pay to the fund raiser account?
    or i can offer it free and just request people who found it useful, to make a donation to the server fund for the value they think it was worth.

#2 would you mind if i used DP screen shots? i have to ask for copyright reasons :rolleyes:

#3 is there anything you would like added or omitted?

sammie xXx

samantha pia, Nov 27, 2007 IP
    uttoransen likes this.
  2. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    DP isn't a place like "Make money here" or whatever, like eBay. SO, I guess the FAQ explains everything members need to. Though, you can always write this:

Page 1: Read the DP FAQ.
    The End.

inworx, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  3. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, I think this is a cool idea. I've seen some of your other post about this and is great.

Many people don't read the FAQ. and some points from a seasoned member will help the rest of us.

Winagain, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  4. DarkX

DarkX Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you really think those dummies will read that e-book? At least they don't read FAQs, which is quite easier than reading a ebook. ;-)

DarkX, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  5. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    not if it is in pictures, i might add video to it.

samantha pia, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  6. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol so correct, who needs an ebook to get the hand of dp functions/working, its not rocket science :D

paidhosting, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  7. asterix

asterix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you dont mind here are some comment .what you are trying to do is a positive approach ,however
    1.what DarkX said is the 1st point to think about
    2. do you really think they will pay for something like that ? many dummies dont use the one availble for free (FAQ's) , so i dont really think they would pay for something like that.

Sticky would be better ,but dont really think that will help or is required either.

asterix, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  8. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    sticky is already in GC and it is because of that sticky, people are asking for a more detailed ebook. the money if any is for DP servers, not me. the FAQ's lack images to guide people, thats what i think needs to be done.

even members of 2 years + have found things useful from that sticky and the images, now if old members are learning something from it, then i am sure new members have a lot to learn too.

tips like saving your pm's in folders, and panicking because you are running out of space for saving the work pm's you have piling up. well to save space in your pm folders, you can make post folders and save the threads and posts instead of the pm's

lots to learn for everyone. :p

samantha pia, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  9. Meener

Meener Banned

Best Answers:
    I think it would be a great idea. Anything Samantha does always turns out great! =)

Meener, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  10. CashNinjas

CashNinjas Peon

Best Answers:
    A few things kept popping into my head as I was reading..

1. Why would new people PAY money to learn DP? Plus, they could ask any question and it would get answered, hell, questions are what keeps DP alive.

2. If a new member, well.. any member for that matter, doesn't read the Rules/FAQ/sticky threads, what makes you think they will read something with 'book' in the title of it?

3. I realize this is a image thing, and not reading.. Which is why if you made it, it would have to be free or it woulden't be successful whatsoever IMO.

4. What exactly would you include in the book... I'm no expert, and I think I know 95% of DP and only a member for a month... What could you possibly talk about? Everything is explained in ATLEAST one place or another on DP..

Now don't get me wrong, I am not here putting your idea down. I am just curious of a few questions.

CashNinjas, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  11. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    nice idea!
    say a new guy joins dp and straight foreword he gets the dp manual, then there is less chances of him making mistakes!

looking foreword to the e-book:)

suggestion: make it free, and give a donation request something like, [if this ebook has helped, then donate for the dp servers]

uttoransen, Nov 28, 2007 IP
    Shazz likes this.
  12. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    I'd like to have added in the ebook that the new users must continue to pay me $10 per mth in order for me to be nice to them. :D

Cheap SEO Services, Nov 28, 2007 IP
    uttoransen likes this.
  13. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    well might be a nice idea but yea but selling it might be a bad idea for DP reputation.I hope its Faq's you are writting . not making money from Dp or sth.

yea will be a good idea for those who want to stay long in Dp and are interested and dedicated in their business maintaining their reputation.

But Dummies are always Dummies,because they never want to learn.Thats why they are called Dummies.

010081, Nov 29, 2007 IP
  14. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    Good idea but the idea of charging someone for this guide/walkthrough is definitely wrong, if you want the new members to follow the rules or not misabuse any functions then it should all be written in the FAQ feature which is a default feature for vB boards.

If it was a freebie I think it would be a great idea, since many would be interested in reading it and being well-informed about the rules here at DP, other than that I don't think anyone would actually pay for it, especially "dummies"

Also, how much you try, there will always be an individual that breaks the rules somehow.

- Meti

WatchOut, Nov 29, 2007 IP
  15. Indian_Webmaster

Indian_Webmaster Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes I am totally agree with you on "But Dummies are always Dummies,because they never want to learn.Thats why they are called Dummies."

But this is not a bad Idea Sammie as nowadays I am seeing that many people want to stay here for long. You can see this in Introduction Section. So I think this e-book will really helpful to those members of DP who wants to stay here for long and expand his/her's Business.

Indian_Webmaster, Nov 29, 2007 IP
  16. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    Contents :-

1. Preface
    2. Introduction to DigitalPoint
    3. Rules of Thumb
    4. Methods to earn iTraders and Reps quickly.
    5. Making money by selling Blog posts and links on dropped domains !
    6. Making money by setting up a directory and using shameless self promotion to sell links !
    7. Making money by scamming people !
    8. Scamming people without running to risk of getting banned !
    9. Why are directories great ? and Why should you not speak against directories ?
    10. How to make the impression that you are the best SEO on earth.
    11. ........

you people may add more chapters .. :)

aditya_sfs, Nov 29, 2007 IP
    uttoransen likes this.
  17. nikko999

nikko999 Peon

Best Answers:
    My suggestion, a blog, or a thread. For thread it will only be written by one person.

Settles.

nikko999, Nov 29, 2007 IP
  18. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Samantha will make good money if these all topics are included.

getjimmy, Nov 29, 2007 IP
  19. CountryBoy

CountryBoy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds a comprehensive list. If you're looking for someone with insider knowledge of #7 and 8 then I can point you in the right direction.

CountryBoy, Nov 29, 2007 IP