1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free Blogs with PR - Use Google to get them fast

Discussion in 'Google' started by swapnil90, Nov 27, 2007.

I found a very interesting trick at a site (Credits - ashwinramesh.com)
    It helps you find expired Wordpress Blogs with some good PR.

All of you must be a little familiar with Wordpress and the system it works around. When a particular wordpress blog isnt used for some time it generally is deactivated and anybody else can re-register it (applies to wordpress.com)

People have used this to the fullest to find expired blogs with high pr, registering it in their name for free and then getting good bucks.

The following method involves WPMU.

WPMU FYI is a Wordpress Multi User Platform with 1000’s of sites running on it.

An example site running on WPMU would be blogates.com

Now this process involved targetting expired WPMU blog’s with PR and I’ve just put it down under a step by step procedure:
    • 1. Install the SEO Quake Toolbar for FireFox, which will help you out in this process - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=seo+quake&status=4
    • 2. Go to google.com and go to the preferences tab and change the number of results google will pull out to 100.
    • 3. Now, open another instance of google.com
    • 4. Type in “Fill out this one-step form and you’ll be blogging seconds later!” in the first instance. This will help us to find some WPMU sites and will populate a nice little list for us.
    • 5. In Google Instance number 2, type in the keyword “doesn’t exist but you can create it now!” and put in the “site:” attribute to make it pull out results from just one WPMU site at an instance (We get the WPMU sites list from Google instance number 1)
    • 6. Now, as the results are populated for the instance 2, use the SEO Quake Toolbar to populate the PR of the result pages.
    • 7. Use the toolbar to sort results by descending order of PR.
    • 8. Follow the links to the blogs with PR and register them!

You can rinse and repeat this method to get as many PR blogs as you like!

This method isn't just as exploited as the Wordpress.com exploit and not many people are applying it to WPMU and the chances of finding high PR blogs which are expired is high!

swapnil90, Nov 27, 2007 IP
    wisdomtool and ahref like this.
  2. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Interesting idea, let me try it to see if it works, thanks a bunch!

wisdomtool, Nov 27, 2007 IP
    swapnil90 likes this.
  3. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The seo weight and page rank wouldn't last, GoogleBot most likely knows the output of an expired wordpress.com account and begins to devalue the site. Remember, if "your" finding it expired via Google then GoogleBot already knows the site doesn't exist, its a 404 error type (i'm being loose here) reported back. I wouldn't expect many backlinks to last since the blog will be different. Just my 2 cents, either way good luck.

astup1didiot, Nov 27, 2007 IP
    swapnil90 likes this.
  4. swapnil90

swapnil90 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are searching the websites via Google but check the keywords, they are the ones that help you find the site. Also the addon gives more features. Google is just used because the addon works well with it.

5. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not doubting your idea\method works, I'm sure it does. I'm just letting you know Google is most likely already devaluing the site and pagerank will be lost, don't expect all the backlinks to stick around either. Don't forget when Google re-indexes the site it will find completely new\different content.

Hopefully this wouldn't happen to a decent portion of the sites you find :)

astup1didiot, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  6. swapnil90

Best Answers:
    Yeah, thats right! But just in case you get hand of some good PR blog without spending much time then I guess it doesn't harm ;)

7. Pleb

Pleb Peon

Best Answers:
    You _could_ make use of the way-back machine to "ressurect" the content from the old blog, which would help the PR hang around for longer & perhaps keep more of the original backlinks intact too, but that would be quasi-naughty, wouldn't it?

Pleb, Nov 28, 2007 IP
    swapnil90 likes this.
  8. swapnil90

Best Answers:
    That would mean copying the content which is in no way advisable :)

swapnil90, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  9. rehash

rehash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    maybe this method was good while only a few people knew about it, now I guess it's pretty hard to find something good, you better invest that time in building your own site PR

rehash, Nov 28, 2007 IP
    swapnil90 likes this.
  10. ashishtabla

ashishtabla Active Member

Best Answers:
    seems very nice idea..let me try also..

ashishtabla, Nov 28, 2007 IP
    swapnil90 likes this.
  11. mansijoshi

mansijoshi Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting Stuff. !! Vl try wid it.

mansijoshi, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  12. lzy

lzy Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, that's a pretty interesting find. Thanks for sharing. Will try. :)

lzy, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  13. Rolex

Rolex Banned

Best Answers:
    Woow... I've got a PR7 blog because of this! I am not hooked to all your present & future topics. Rep added!

Rolex, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  14. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Odd that when I tried on several blogs with or without PR that I get the message "Sorry, that username already exists!" and does not let you register an expired blog. Would you mind explaining how you got a PR7 blog using this method?

Has anyone else managed to register one of these expired blogs? I tried on several WPMU's.

Jez, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  15. swapnil90

Best Answers:
    I have managed to get hold of a couple of PR4s but we need to be very quick and look more further since there might be other people trying this method at the same time. Its like a lucky draw ;)

swapnil90, Dec 1, 2007 IP