1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for direction!

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by Russ, Jan 2, 2006.

I posted on this forum back in October when I had a simple page with a few ads littered on it. Now I have a site that I thought I might be able to trick people into doing a run around with the links until they finally clicked out of the site hopefully through the Google Adsense links. Obviously, this isn't something is going to work.

My website is http://www.gaming-setup.com and I'm trying to find the right direciton to go in.

I average around 10-20 unique views a day and I see this as definate monetary potential. I'm listed in the top 10 search results on Google for several terms and I know this can bring me a great and much needed source of income. I'm just completely confused on how to monetize it correctly.

If anyone could help me on a personal basis I'd be more then willing to share a portion of my earnings for the assistance. If not, any other help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Russ, Jan 2, 2006 IP
  2. Dixie Normous

Dixie Normous Guest

Best Answers:
    Wow, hate to say this, but that site is kinda spammy, no real content at all.

Why not write some articles for those links and put some actual useful content on it?

Dixie Normous, Jan 2, 2006 IP
  3. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    at first i couldn't find google's ads.

it's unethical, if not illegal.

correct me if i'm wrong, but your site has only two pages. :confused: but IMO i think you should work on the design first, and maybe more content. :)

devin, Jan 2, 2006 IP
  4. Russ

Russ Peon

Best Answers:
    How can I find a good layout that will maximize my potential with Adsense?

Russ, Jan 2, 2006 IP
  5. Dixie Normous

Dixie Normous Guest

Best Answers:
    Layout matters little, content, good useful content is the key. Once you have that, and start getting legitimate traffic, revenue from ads will follow. If you are just trying to game the system for short term profits, you will be disappointed.

Dixie Normous, Jan 2, 2006 IP
  6. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    layout only makes people come to your site. content makes people come BACK. :) post some useful things first.

devin, Jan 2, 2006 IP
    Dixie Normous likes this.
  7. Russ

Russ Peon

Best Answers:
    I changed things around a bit and I'm working on some articles. I added a page for Plasma TVs so hopefully that will be a good start. Any adivce on what I have so far?

Russ, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  8. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    As it is now you could very well lose your AdSense account. Your site is essentially "under construction" and shouldn't have AdSense on it at all.

Were you approved by submitting that site or did you submit a different one then use the code?

You need to at least get some content under all the non existent links. You can get free content from hundreds of places.

The actual design of the site is horrible and is more likely to cause people to leave then to click on an ad.

yfs1, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  9. Russ

Russ Peon

Best Answers:
    I was very much unaware of that "under construction" bit. I have a blog I use the code on as well that was approved. Where can I find content at? I have looked before but nothing came up under any sort of TV or Gaming category.

Russ, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  10. Russ

Russ Peon

Best Answers:
    I changed my main page so that I don't get into any trouble with Google. Here is a sample of what I'm working on now... gaming-setup.com/test

Russ, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  11. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    this new one looks fine to me. yfs1 is right, you might want to remove the ads for the time being. on the new one you may want to place it in the middle of the articles (on separate pages, so that you get targeted ads since one page serves one tye of product - not too sure if i make sense) and one at the right side.

devin, Jan 3, 2006 IP