1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hosting a website inside China

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by cellularnews, Nov 26, 2007.

My website gets a moderate amount of traffic from China - and I am aware that my visitors inside the "Great Firewall of China" get very slow access to websites hosted outside the China Mainland.

I am therefore looking at setting up a local mirror on a subdomain with IP based redirection etc. for China based visitors.

Part of the rationale is to improve customer care to my existing Chinese readers - but also to grow traffic organically by being a "better website" than my non-Chinese competitors.

Question:

Has anyone actually done this - as I need to have some guesstimates as to what impact on traffic this would have so that I can justify the effort involved.

Thanks!

cellularnews, Nov 26, 2007 IP
  2. rllunzmann

rllunzmann Active Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps find a host in China's mainland?

rllunzmann, Nov 26, 2007 IP
  3. cellularnews

cellularnews Peon

Best Answers:
    That is exactly what I plan to do.

I was just wondering if anyone else has already gone down that route and what impact on traffic it had.

cellularnews, Nov 26, 2007 IP
  4. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I can help you with this (chinese IP hosting). How much bandwidth & space do you need?

I don't have any similar experience but it sounds like it'll definitely have a positive impact.

eXe, Nov 26, 2007 IP