1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are you doing ?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by ProgMania, Nov 25, 2007.

I have some domains, I want to develop them, however I don't want to spend money on hosting(if it fails).

So should I make 1 host for 1 domain?
    Or can I make 1 host and use more domains on it, but it has to be different sites. Such as: Example1 goes to example 1 site, and example 2 goes to example 2 site. On the same hosting package.

What would you do ?

Thanks ;)

ProgMania, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  2. rllunzmann

rllunzmann Active Member

Best Answers:
    well, if money is an issue, you might be able to find some providers who offer cheaper plans and will allow you to setup add-on domains, and thats all you'll need to host multiple domains then.

Let me know if i can further help you,

rllunzmann, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  3. ProgMania

ProgMania Active Member

Best Answers:
    Money is not the issue. I just don't want to pay if the project fails. So you say that I can buy a host and then have multiple developed sites on it with different domains(on the same hosting package)

4. thatdaveguy

thatdaveguy Peon

Best Answers:
    The host I use is only $1 month...catch being you need to buy at least $10 per order.

But honestly, if your site ideas aren't even worth $10 to try, your going to fail anyway.

thatdaveguy, Nov 25, 2007 IP
    ProgMania likes this.
  5. ProgMania

ProgMania Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay. I think you didn't understand me. I will use a free host for a test run, but I will definitely buy a host. I was just wondering about:

6. rllunzmann

rllunzmann Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, this would be called using add-on domains, an add-on domain allows you host another top level domain without needing another plan subscription. Some hosts limit this greatly and some less strict. You will not have a seperate control panel though for that domain. Name server changes are made in the domain control panel that is the add-on domain, then you upload your files into a sub-directory under public_html but your domain is still access via its domain name.

rllunzmann, Nov 25, 2007 IP
    ProgMania likes this.
  7. Minterest

Minterest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to take a reseller hosting.... Take a reseller hosting from hostgator or wingsix.... i have used them both.... if u need better services with 100% reliability go for hostgator... if u need say 99.9% uptime and a cheaper one then go for wingsix... both are WHM based... and again if you want I can sell a wingsix reseller host to you... I have one reseller account with them which am not using... I will give that for 50% discount to original price. (PM me if you are interested)

Minterest, Nov 26, 2007 IP