1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google has started a campaign against traffic exchanges

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by khill05, Dec 31, 2005.

Hello All !
    I am new here but wanted to offer this warning. If you have google ads on a page with a link to a traffic exchange or ptc program and google finds it, they will suspend your account. If you have google ads on a page you run in a traffic exchange, they will also suspend your account. They ask no questions and give no e-mail, your ads just stop showing & you lose any monies you have earned.You should always get your money from google ad sense the second you reach payout or risk being ripped off for ad space they used and made money off of. The ripped me off of over $80.00 with no explination or e-mail. When I tried to log in, they told me my account was suspended. I got no warning just blank spaces across 10 domains. There is a solution, just take $30.00 to your local courthouse and file a small claims suit against google, supeona their adsense records for your account and it is easy to prove that they defrauded you.Be sure to sue for the full amount your small claims court allows and show proof the hours you took replacing your ads for the difference in what they owed and what you are suing them for. They will try to block the release of the records with a motion that your small claims court judge will deny and you will recieve you ad sense records at googles expense. Then it is easy to prove your case and get your money. Their user agreement is a bluff, they offer a service in your local area and all local county,city and state laws override their user agreement. The bluff is not working and google just fell below Yahoo and MSN yesterday. This is directly due to googles campaign against the traffic exchange industry. They do not know the difference between auto-click and auto-surf. I believe they are going learn this the hard way.;)

khill05, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for letting us know. It's a nice feeling that the pay per click days are getting a little better... in the sense that Google isn't the only high roller now with MSN and Yahoo close on its tail.

Jonathan, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  3. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Flop Plan of the Year 2006 :p

No one Can Beat Google :D

Better Start after reading TOS :)

Good Luck

amitpatel_3001, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  4. Jim_Westergren

Jim_Westergren Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google are closing accounts left right and center with the smallest reason to do it.

I would probably have done the same when faced with million dollar law suits for click fraud.

And, sorry but they don't care about a single person loosing their $80 ...

I am not sure if your assumption about ppc links etc. are correct.

Anyway, hope you get along better with Yahoo or MSN ads.

Jim_Westergren, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  5. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As an adwords user, I am glad they are suspending these types of accounts. I want only want to pay for legitimate traffic. You'll never get your money via small claims court because of the jurisdictional grounds you agreed to when you opened the account. Even if some pro-tem judge made a mistake and heard the case, you wouldn't collect as google would file an appeal to Municipal or Superior Court as they are trying to show they are doing something against click fraud, and other types of traffic schemes.

You are the reason so many advertisers are opting out of the content network, which of course, results in lower adsense payments to everyone.

Google makes most of its money via contextual advertising, and now facing competition from Yahoo and MSN, they aren't suspendeding publishers at random. They are trying to keep their advertisers (and good publishers), because without them, there is no money for anyone.

Who is going to spend all that time for $80 anyway?

mjewel, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  6. khill05

khill05 Peon

Best Answers:
    I bet I get my money no matter how long it takes, my site is not any part of the reason google is getting ripped off on ads. Those are auto programs that click on google ads that are causing the problem. The fact that google can't seperate views and clicks good enough is their problem. There are no pro-tem judges in my courts and google can appeal all they want. Local laws apply, we proved it with eBay's bogus user agreement and the same will happen to google. Just because they are located elsewhere, if they provide a service in your county, all local laws override their user agreement and we will prove that. We don't need a class action to do it. But there are many ongoing lawsuits against google, I guess thats because they are the best. It's people like you defending out and out fraud just cause you make a few dollars back that are ruining the internet. The $80.00 is not the point, I can prove they stole ad space and they will have to pay for the clicks it generated. Their records show everyone that paid for clicks from my site and they will all be notified also. Whats a matter did your google stock go down ? My ads were never on the domain of a traffic exchange, just a page with links to a service on my site that has no effect on googles stats other than views, Not one click from my site was accused of click fraud and they suspended my account with no notice and have still not sent notice but I bet they send the records. LOL

khill05, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  7. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No small claims judgment is final. Even if you win, google will bump it up to a higher court and you will have to get an attorney. Spend $25,000 for $80. How do you know what clicks weren't refunded? You don't. I don't own any google stock, but small time grifters are running it for everyone who runs legitimate sites. Do you really think google will care about having to pay $80? Do you really think you are going to teach them a lesson? Is your time really worth so little? I wouldn't even file the paperwork for $80, much less take off a day to show up in court - time which you can not claim in your suit. Follow the terms of the TOS and you won't have any problem.

"Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be adjudicated in Santa Clara County , California .The parties specifically exclude from application to the Agreement the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof."

mjewel, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  8. khill05

khill05 Peon

Best Answers:
    Please show me the TOS that I violated. There is not one. It is the "Questionable Content According to US" If you put your site with google ads in my site, you get views not clicks. eBay did the same thing, then they apoligized and reinstated my account when it came down to proving their case. Questionable Content According To Us is censorship and everyone knows it. Maybe if you were a disabled vet that makes his money off his sites you would see it different. I did not go overseas to protect my country to come home disabled and let some college boy steal my ad space. You can sell out whatever you want but my point will be made and it is not the $80.00.
    People said the exact same thing about eBay but kooksandcrooks.com is still up and my eBay account is back and I bet they won't make the mistake of suspending because I have my own auction site again. I will say one thing for eBay, they apoligized and made it right with a credit on my account that I did not even ask for. If you keep giving up your rights to these people, they will take them all. Questionable Content According to US, Get Real, I bet they don't use that banning urls from their results because that would be censorship and also would get them sued. Did you know all the major virus and spyware detectors have classified google toolbar as spyware and it's auto update feature can get past every firewall on your machine and it sends google footprints of every page you view. Why do they need to know what you are looking at ?
    Just keep supporting google, the company that's founder lied about going public and selling out knowing full well that was the intent from the start. Google wants to own the internet and that is a problem because their results are swayed towards their largest affiliate partners and that skews the results. I know a little about google and also know a google killer is on the way. It will be a databased system and google can't compete with the relevant results this system has and a search is about relevance not paid results. Mark my words google has about 2 years left as king then a brilliant programmer will take his google killer system live, it is patented and will smoke google because people who search are not searching to be guided to a google partner site that they got paid to show, the want relevant results not paid results.

khill05, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  9. khill05

khill05 Peon

Best Answers:
    My local statute tells me several things about business conducted in my county
    1. I can't sign away any right afforded me under law in any contract
    2.I can't travel to Santa Clara due to disability and I fall under the AWDA so that trumps the santa clara clause.
    3.Contracts that you sign being aksed to sign any rights afforded you by law is invalid.
    4.I wont need to hire a lawyer when it is on paper entered into evidence that they used the ad space and did not pay as well as trying to get me to sign away rights afforded by my state and local laws is invalid to begin with no matter how much hype it gets as a threat to members. Not to mention they charged others for clicks from that ad space and the judge wont be googling any answers to that delima.
    Anyway, it is nice to have a good discussion with someone of opposing viewpoints and not have it get nasty. Some boards it feels more like an attack than a discussion "on some boards".Lets just agree to disagree and drop it.Just dont put any pages with google ads on it in a traffic exchange or on a page with links to a traffic exchange.

khill05, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  10. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    If Google hasn't contacted you, how do you know that the link pages were the reason for your account getting smoked?

mcfox, Jan 1, 2006 IP
    Jat likes this.
  11. YokoOno

YokoOno Guest

Best Answers:
    Here is my answer to these annoying dumb-f*ck whiners who say that Google banned their account just when they where to receive their paycheck and that the reason for that is to boost their revenue.
    Do the math, you ignorant idiots. From what we know reported, small publishers get about 50% of what Google charges the advertisers, sometimes a bit more (this is not the case with Premium Publishers, who are in much better position).
    Look, if you made 50 bucks last month, it means that Google made 50 bucks or somewhere close. In a year (let's average it out) it's about six hundred bucks.
    Do you think that Google wants to steal your fifty bucks and lose $550 for one year? Get real, these guys are PhDs, they know their shiit. Just quit f*cking around with Google and quit writing these annoying "I got banned for no reason" messages. I don't mean anyone personally (dzcap comes pretty close), just a general opinion. Chao

YokoOno, Jan 1, 2006 IP
    mjewel and ServerUnion like this.
  12. classifieds

classifieds Sopchoppy Flash

Best Answers:
    As an Adwords advertiser I find this disgusting and appalling.

It’s stealing. He might as well hold-up the local convenience store. Every time he (and his network) click on an ad just to generate Adsesne revenue he's robbing my business.

Google should give us the information to sue the bastards.

classifieds, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  13. NikkiBlue

NikkiBlue Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been trying to find out if this includes webrings?

NikkiBlue, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  14. khill05

khill05 Peon

Best Answers:
    They just sent the standard bot letter today unauthorized clicks just like all the others they smoked of late. We are a small business and it took a year to generate approx $80.00 and they pulled us before payout. Times that against the thousands they suspend daily, they keep the ad revenue and use click fraud as an excuse. They are trying to make it look like they are doing something about click fraud but are not getting the sophisticated people doing this. I never clicked on my ads and never asked anyone I know to do it either. A year and $80.00 does not add up to click fraud in anyones mind. It is a concerted effort to google to kill an aspect of the net that has been around before google was a thought. We have a dog named google and we had pictures and the name online before google ever patented the word google, Nothing is as it seems online. Money rules and google wants it all. I just filed a complaint with ifcc and maybe they will look into google like they did microsoft. The US government is getting screwed out of millions by google and I am sure they will look into any chance to get their fair piece of the google pie. I for one will be glad when the intervene.

khill05, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  15. janjalani

janjalani Active Member

Best Answers:
    traffic exchange program? like digitalpoint co-op?

janjalani, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  16. classifieds

classifieds Sopchoppy Flash

Best Answers:
    Maybe I don't understand ptc - "Pay to Click". Who pays - Google, yahoo or someone else? Or is it a ponzi scheme?

classifieds, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  17. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    3 things for you khill05

1) Learn to use the enter key when you post. Paragraphs will help us sift through the worthless banter you are puking out.

2) Doesn't matter if it is your fault or not, you are responsible for your website. Doesn't matter at what level, fraud is fraud, and stealing is stealing.

3) You are not forced to be with google, learn and live. Improve your sites and find other ways to monitize them

ServerUnion, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  18. Wally

Wally Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please guys tell me please:

What kind of traffic exchange??

I have a webring. and a linkliste and on other site I have toplist and one linkexchangelist with 6 Links
    (not so much clicks/visitors.)

Shall I remove now something?

Please anser!!!
    Thank you.

Wally, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  19. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    That means I am ok to join link programs because I already got this email!

aaron_nimocks, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  20. khill05

khill05 Peon

Best Answers:
    Whatever ! misinformed or uninformed. My site generates no clicks whatsoever
    on google ads, and try and sue me. For what. My site generates page views and traffic exchanges were here long before google. Google and their phds just don't get it. My site generates no clicks. Google supporters, I really you stay on board with them. I hope you all make money. I was just warning you of the ill effects of mixing google ads and traffic exchanges, Do as you please.

khill05, Jan 4, 2006 IP