1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bookmarking Links are just as Good as Site Links for SERP

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by pbruessow@msn.com, Nov 23, 2007.

I really don't know if they are, but I would like to know the following. If I post a story with my link on a social bookmarking site, and that post remains on the higher PR page for a good length of time, does this carry as much weight as a website link, blogroll link, header link, etc. for SERP?:confused:

pbruessow@msn.com, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  2. DeletedLIVE

DeletedLIVE Guest

Best Answers:
    Some SN sites are better than others for passing juice, and some pass non at all. Not because of no-follow, but because they are weak in TrustRank and PageRank. Some have been de-valued because of excessive abuse (Squidoo) by link spammers.

For one of our sites I remember that materialicious (or something like that) used to show up in our G backlinks, while stumbleupon and digg didn't (until last month's update when many of our backlinks disappeared in G, but our pagerank went from 4 to 6???) Thanks Google. :)

DeletedLIVE, Nov 23, 2007 IP
    pbruessow@msn.com likes this.
  3. pbruessow@msn.com

pbruessow@msn.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Del! I'll look to see if they're no follow.:)

pbruessow@msn.com, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  4. Gatorade

Gatorade Peon

Best Answers:
    If you browse the web using firefox, ChromEdit Plus is a great plugin that you can use to have nofollow links automatically highlight.

Gatorade, Nov 23, 2007 IP
    pbruessow@msn.com likes this.
  5. DeletedLIVE

DeletedLIVE Guest

Best Answers:
    Nofollow is BS. Comment on blogs and even social networking sites even if they DO have nofollow -

Eli from BlueHatSEO.com (very grey hat actually) had this to say in an interview by Aaron Wall of SEOBook.com

Read the full interview of Eli by Aaron Wall here: seobook.com/interview-eli-blue-hat-seo-com
    (I'm new so can't do live links)

DeletedLIVE, Nov 24, 2007 IP